PDA

View Full Version : Just got a trijicon reflex

Sturnovik
05-17-2012, 8:22 PM
Anyone ever zeroed one before? I just scored a 12.9 moa model. I keep reading people say within 50an use the whole triangle? And beyond use the tip? Any recommendations?

d4v0s
05-17-2012, 8:49 PM
Zero the tip of the triangle at 50 meters. This will be your point of impact at 50 meters and again at 200 meters.

Then you just place that triangle on the target at any range from 0 to 250 and your going to hit COM (center of mass).

Same deal as a red dot, but the dot has a triangle on it

Sturnovik
05-17-2012, 9:36 PM
Thanks! I scored it off ebay. Im hoping its the tritium/fiber optic model. It looked rather new and had a black color, not grey like the others i see.

Im only shooting 100-150& max. So im thinking i can get away with a 12.9 moa.

d4v0s
05-17-2012, 10:04 PM
I forgot to ask what round your gun is. I assumed an ar15 in 5.56.

The 12.9 moa is the base. If you zero right on the tip of the triangle its extremly accurate and repeatable.

A .223 or 5.56 zerod on the tip of that triangle will hit within 2 inches of your aim from 0 to 250ish meters.

The triangle just gives you a big reticle for making fast shots!

Offthehook
05-18-2012, 4:54 AM
The reflex is a nice sight, 12 moa will cover quite a bit at 200 meters. You should have a pretty good shot if you zero with the tip like the others have said.

Dinosaur Jr
05-18-2012, 5:27 AM
Nice score! Looking forward to the range report.

Sturnovik
05-18-2012, 7:48 AM
Right on! Like i said im pretty sure its the tritium/fiber model and not just fibet optic.

I was going to say cant i just zero the tip to the tip of my front sight? Or is that the method you guys meant?

It also came with the rubber cover. I love that i dont need batteries!

Sturnovik
05-18-2012, 7:50 AM
And yes its a AR15 5.56.

SNCaliber
05-18-2012, 3:10 PM
sweet, i wondered how the triangle reticle worked, keep us updated with a range report!

d4v0s
05-18-2012, 3:32 PM
Right on! Like i said im pretty sure its the tritium/fiber model and not just fibet optic.

I was going to say cant i just zero the tip to the tip of my front sight? Or is that the method you guys meant?

It also came with the rubber cover. I love that i dont need batteries!

Good question. IF!!! the height of your sights is exactly in line with the triangle then yes, you can put the tip on your front sight and your GTG. However I have not once seen a red dot lolipop (the red dot on top of the front sight. they always end up a slight bit to the left or right. and on my rifles I adjust my irons so that they are zeroed for my eyes when using the irons, then I zero the red dot. I think the reason for this is the different focal planes at play, the reticle can be a small amount lower or taller then your irons and this will alter the Point of Impact ever so slightly.

So

-Zero your irons at 50meters (improved battle sight zero---- google it if you dont know)
-Zero your trijicon at 50 meters
-Use sand bags when zeroing and support the butt of the rifle with sand bags.
-Aim at the same spot for 5 shots, then move your reticle to the bullets (The rifle shouldnt move, just fire the shots and then withouth moving the rifle adjust the reticle to cover those bullet holes)
-aim at a new target (4 and 2 inch orange stickers work great) fire 5 shots
-the grouping should be dead center and may need a few clicks left or right.
-before packing up, now shoot some 10 round groups, just to make sure your sighted in perfect.
-make sure your bullets are impacting right at the tippy tip tip of the triangle, you want the triangle right on the center of your 2-3 inch groupings.

Hope that wasnt too much information, just what has worked best for me in the past. Good luck with the sight, I love the reflex and will be getting one when the price is right. I have also been eyeing the TR24, I think the idea of never needing batteries is the coolest thing since sliced bread. My latest optic is the nikon M-223 1-4x for my 16" Mutt, I am zeroing her at 100 yards this weekend, taking the sand bags and a day shade. So many people dont take the proper time to sight in their rifles.

Also do a little reading on making the adjustments and wrap your head around moving the reticle left and right in relation to the bullets.

d4v0s
05-18-2012, 4:02 PM
A little something extra

http://www.chuckhawks.com/mounting_zeroing_scope.htm

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/hunting-articles/4118-scopes-how-zero-scope.html

ENJOY!

MUKAK
05-18-2012, 6:12 PM
A little something extra

http://www.chuckhawks.com/mounting_zeroing_scope.htm

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/hunting-articles/4118-scopes-how-zero-scope.html

ENJOY!

good write up!!!

Sturnovik
05-18-2012, 6:26 PM
I get this the 29th as a bday present. I found it for 325, and free shipping. Very excited!

I guess i wouldnt mind if thd system doesnt perfectly line up with irons. Never had any high quality optic/reflex before.

I will do a range report!

Zartan
05-18-2012, 10:31 PM
I shouldn't have to but...

:useless:

Sturnovik
05-20-2012, 4:22 PM
I shouldn't have to but...

:useless:

Agreed! Just got here yesterday!

Here they are, sorry I have no clue how to make it pop up in my post still, just as a clickable link.

I'm glad that it came with the RX20 fliter/polarizer thing, I was about to spend 20 bucks to order one. Theres only issue I see with it. I can use the extra lens thing perfectly fine but the minute I go out in extreme sunlight, the triangle (now perfect, doesnt wash out at all), seems to have orange hazyness in the upper right and left areas, and it doesnt matter if I screw teh lens on halfway or all the way. Could it just be dirty or a bad RX20 piece? I really love how much easier it can be seen with this attachment, not sure why I'm seeing amber/orange spots with it on. Either way I can see it very well without the lens. And at-least it doesn't affect the extra reticule, but its distracting.

Taking it to the range next week! :43:

ApexMolester
05-20-2012, 8:41 PM
Agreed! Just got here yesterday!

Here they are, sorry I have no clue how to make it pop up in my post still, just as a clickable link.

I'm glad that it came with the RX20 fliter/polarizer thing, I was about to spend 20 bucks to order one. Theres only issue I see with it. I can use the extra lens thing perfectly fine but the minute I go out in extreme sunlight, the triangle (now perfect, doesnt wash out at all), seems to have orange hazyness in the upper right and left areas, and it doesnt matter if I screw teh lens on halfway or all the way. Could it just be dirty or a bad RX20 piece? I really love how much easier it can be seen with this attachment, not sure why I'm seeing amber/orange spots with it on. Either way I can see it very well without the lens. And at-least it doesn't affect the extra reticule, but its distracting.

Taking it to the range next week! :43:

click on the paperclip when you reply or create a new post to up load your pic. click just right of the paperclip on the down pointer after loading and click inset all. they will appear in your post.

they should appear where the courser was placed or any one you chose to attach.

Sturnovik
05-20-2012, 8:55 PM
Thanks budd! ^

I also for that amber spotting issue in certain conditions with lighting even without the Polarizer. Either way the build quality is excellent! Loving it!

Sturnovik
05-20-2012, 9:02 PM
I actually narrowed it down, it was actually light hitten the glass from behind that was causing the distortion. I usually wear a hat when I'm shooting so it probally wouldn't be an issue.