PDA

View Full Version : Backyard shooting range (Fallbrook?) San Diego County

tacticoolme
05-17-2012, 3:47 PM
I'm trying to help someone figure out where to buy a house and setup a backyard shooting range in SoCal.

The question: Does anyone know what the restrictions are on building a private shooting range on your own land in Fallbrook?

The plan is to build a 50 yard personal range, with backstop and fencing on a few acres of land. Looks like LA county and Orange County are no go's because of regulations, for San Bernardino County you need to be WAY out there, leaving San Diego County in socal.

An unincorporated community seems to be the only place that will allow target shooting in a safe environment on your own land. ...And Fallbrook is not an incorporated city, so it may work.

Any help would be great.

tacticoolme
05-17-2012, 4:10 PM
starting to get answers... http://www.sdsheriff.net/documents/shooting_map.pdf

San Diego County says without a gun range permit, you need to be more than 150 yards from roads, houses, etc.

RandyD
05-17-2012, 6:50 PM
You should consider that what is open to shooting today may be restricted in the future due to increased building and population. When I arrived in San Diego, I used to legally shoot in areas that are now a sea of houses, strip malls, and office buildings.

LOW2000
05-17-2012, 7:11 PM
While I understand the appeal of a personal range, Rainbow Range is private, reasonably priced membership, and in Fallbrook/Temecula.

JaMail
05-17-2012, 7:14 PM
if the person is looking for acerage, try to get it so one or two of the borders is BLM land to help stop someone buying next door and complaining.

NoJoke
05-17-2012, 7:34 PM
I'm trying to help someone figure out where to buy a house and setup a backyard shooting range in SoCal.

The question: Does anyone know what the restrictions are on building a private shooting range on your own land in Fallbrook?

The plan is to build a 50 yard personal range, with backstop and fencing on a few acres of land. Looks like LA county and Orange County are no go's because of regulations, for San Bernardino County you need to be WAY out there, leaving San Diego County in socal.

An unincorporated community seems to be the only place that will allow target shooting in a safe environment on your own land. ...And Fallbrook is not an incorporated city, so it may work.

Any help would be great.

PM me the answer to this question once it's figured out - I have the same desire, fallbrook specifically.

sofbak
05-17-2012, 8:29 PM
While I understand the appeal of a personal range, Rainbow Range is private, reasonably priced membership, and in Fallbrook/Temecula.

With a waiting list that is miles long last time I read about it here.........

ke6guj
05-17-2012, 8:40 PM
With a waiting list that is miles long last time I read about it here.........

accepting new memebers as of yesterday, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=570018&highlight=rainbow

sofbak
05-17-2012, 8:47 PM
accepting new memebers as of yesterday, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=570018&highlight=rainbow

Thanx for the update! Time to get out the checkbook and skeedaddle up the 15!