PDA

View Full Version : Butt pad for 870

SacTown
05-17-2012, 1:08 PM
I'm looking for a good replacement butt pad for my 870. Something that will help reduce felt recoil on my shoulder. I've seen some slip on ones but they just look ugly as hell and I'm not sure how they will hold up. Can anyone recommend any screw on ones that are of good quality?

BigDogatPlay
05-17-2012, 2:38 PM
Wood stock or synthetic? Makes a difference on pre-fit pads a lot of the time as synthetic stocks tend to be more consistent in dimension than wood stocks over time.

If you are looking for a pre-fit pad, then Remington's own Supercell, a Pachmayr Decellerator or Limbsaver will all work nicely. A grind to fit pad.... Kickeez or Limbsaver.

Mounting the gun properly to your shoulder will go a long, long way to reducing felt recoil.

SacTown
05-17-2012, 3:07 PM
Wood stock or synthetic? Makes a difference on pre-fit pads a lot of the time as synthetic stocks tend to be more consistent in dimension than wood stocks over time.

If you are looking for a pre-fit pad, then Remington's own Supercell, a Pachmayr Decellerator or Limbsaver will all work nicely. A grind to fit pad.... Kickeez or Limbsaver.

Mounting the gun properly to your shoulder will go a long, long way to reducing felt recoil.

It's a synthetic stock. Thanks for the input and advice. I will check out those pads you mentioned.

BigDogatPlay
05-17-2012, 3:28 PM
Remington OEM stock then the Supercell should drop right on. $18 plus shpping from Midway.

Link here (http://www.midwayusa.com/product/314558/remington-supercell-recoil-pad-remington-870-1100-11-87-sp-10-synthetic-stocks-black)

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/medium/314/314558.jpg

Thefeeder
05-17-2012, 4:07 PM
"Mounting the gun properly to your shoulder will go a long, long way to reducing felt recoil. "

+1

bucktooth7
05-17-2012, 8:12 PM
+1 on the supercell, worked for me and fit great with no mods

Danz la Nuit
05-17-2012, 9:37 PM
This "Limbsaver" I got for my Mossberg 500 is AMAZING!

Paid 35$, it's easily worth twice as much

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OHAMLY

Wicked Pete
05-18-2012, 8:07 AM
I know some call it a "sissy pad". Implying that you ain't got no "hair on your chest".

Ordered a recoil pad on line for my (wood) REM. Of course it was the wrong size. Next time, I'll go to a shop with a template.