PDA

View Full Version : arrested but not convicted extra paperwork worth it

bubbadsfo
05-17-2012, 1:54 PM
Hello All:

So here is the situation over 10 years ago I was arrested on a felony charge not one that would prohibit gun ownership. However My attorney got the charge reduced and I plead to a misdemeanor no jail time community services at at end of probation by record was expunghed. So i went to buy a hand gun this year and there was a delay and when I called the DOJ they say they saw my felony arrest I explained to them I wasn't convicted etc but they said they were waiting on paperwork from the court. Anyway after like 45 days I get a letter saying i'm denied but I can do more paperwork and go to live scan for fingerprints and resubmit. Ofcourse all this costs more money. Now since I know I'm not a felon and my wife has her own guns any reason I should go through with the extra paperwork or just let her buy everything since we are in a communal property state. Sorry such a long post thanks for any answers in advance

berto
05-17-2012, 2:03 PM
If I were in your shoes I'd spend the money and get everything squared away. It's probably less expensive now than it could be if you run into any problems later.

ar15robert
05-17-2012, 2:12 PM
Any felony would prohibit gun ownership.But not all misdemeanors prohibit gun ownership

bubbadsfo
05-17-2012, 2:12 PM
If I were in your shoes I'd spend the money and get everything squared away. It's probably less expensive now than it could be if you run into any problems later.

So i'm curios what kinds of problems do you think might come up? I forgot to mention a couple things in regards to this. I also have all my court paperwork and my expungnment letter and I have gone through background checks for my work in the medical field and nothing has ever showed up so legally besides not being able to purchase a firearm without going through extra red tape i'm not worried about anything legally if that makes sense?

bussda
05-17-2012, 2:23 PM
Read the thread http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=8596396#post8596396 .

Then contact CGF.

Anonymous21
05-17-2012, 2:30 PM
notice how his name is "bubba"

LOL

bubbadsfo
05-17-2012, 2:35 PM
Read the thread http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=8596396#post8596396 .

Then contact CGF.

Thank you

berto
05-17-2012, 2:51 PM
So i'm curios what kinds of problems do you think might come up? I forgot to mention a couple things in regards to this. I also have all my court paperwork and my expungnment letter and I have gone through background checks for my work in the medical field and nothing has ever showed up so legally besides not being able to purchase a firearm without going through extra red tape i'm not worried about anything legally if that makes sense?

I could come up with any number of hypotheticals, far fetcehed or not, and I would rather not have any part of the state's massive bureaucracy under the mistaken belief that I'm a prohibited person. I understand not wanting to waste money and being secure in the knowledge that you're right and clean but a I'd take the extra step just to make sure.

The CGF guys are good people and will point you in the right direction.

Librarian
05-17-2012, 8:19 PM
Lets start adding these to the newly-stuck thread, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=573028