gotshotgun?
05-17-2012, 10:31 AM
LOL, that was pretty funny.

lowprofile
05-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Haha.. Thanks for the laugh. :)

MrExel17
05-17-2012, 11:12 AM
That was very funny vid, BTW 1:23 where can I buy that bi pod? That looks like some high end tactical Sh***

laabstract
05-17-2012, 11:14 AM
hahahahah oh man thats funny.

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
05-17-2012, 11:51 AM
best part was from min 3:40 to 4:12

Javi
05-17-2012, 12:06 PM
"Like the AR 10 & It's homosexual grandfather: The G3" What?! hahaha.

cabinetguy
05-17-2012, 3:29 PM
that was great. I wish more folks here in CA had a FAL, it is a great rifle, its not as accurate as an ar-10 rifle or a m-1a rifle, but it is proven time and time again. The garand is considered one of the biggest tech advances of the last century, but the FAL is the right arm of the free world

MrPlink
05-17-2012, 3:50 PM
that was great. I wish more folks here in CA had a FAL, it is a great rifle, its not as accurate as an ar-10 rifle or a m-1a rifle, but it is proven time and time again. The garand is considered one of the biggest tech advances of the last century, but the FAL is the right arm of the free world

wait, it is? Great rifle, but how so?

tujungatoes
05-17-2012, 4:49 PM
I love me some FAL...I love me some gun jokes....could not watch more than 1 minute of it. That guys voice and horrible put on accent made me wanna eat a bullet.

Muscles Glasses
05-17-2012, 10:21 PM
The Rhodesians didn't have any left handed citizens huh? Learn something new everyday :rofl:

Richard Erichsen
05-18-2012, 4:20 PM

Used as originally designed, a rack grade example of any of these battle rifles would be equally accurate at hurling FMJ into the general direction of the enemy while the adrenaline is pumping, there is a lot of running and confusion and the "target" is actively firing back. Statistically, many hundreds of rounds, thousands even, are fired by the average rifleman before any significant hits are made on an enemy combatant. The difference between sub-MOA and 4MOA under these conditions and at all reasonable ranges, particularly when using standard issue iron sights just isn't significant. No part of the package was designed for or demands pin-point accuracy for the role.

The M14, FAL and early Armalite 7.62 NATO experiments were all in the same ballpark for accuracy at approximately the same ranges, firing the same ammo. It took many years during a period of relative peace before rack grade arms were further refined to meet the demands of marksmanship meets. The "national match" grade weapons improve considerably upon what our GIs were handed. With enough money and time, a FAL can get pretty close to what we see M1As capable of, but it reaches a point of dimishing returns when a rifle in the same caliber costs about twice what the next military battle rifle would have cost to accurize and more than four times what a rack grade example would cost.

The ergonomics and layout of controls are (subjectively at least) very good on the FAL and L1A1. The balance is quite good, making the heft a bit easier to manage. However, you can see why jungle troops hated full size battle rifles like the FAL, L1A1 and G3. Long and heavy, they were chambered to fire an overpowered round better suited to carefully aimed fire at longer ranges and all but uncontrollable on full automatic. The combined rifle and ammo were heavy and running out of ammo was a relatively common problem in both the Border War in Angola and in the final days of Rhodesia. With the original long flash hiders on many of the FAL models (the device doubled as a 22 mm grenade launching spigot) you had a veritable lance-length projection sticking out passed the front sight/gas block to maneuver through brush.

Enjoy the FAL for what it is, a well designed battle rifle, no more and no less.

R