View Full Version : MagPul Cheek rest

05-17-2012, 8:22 AM
Has anyone ever tried one of these on an AR with a CTR stock? Do they really interfere with the charging handle if the stock is fully extended?

05-17-2012, 8:39 AM
They don't interfere when the stock is fully extended. But be aware that these actually LIFT your head so unless you are using higher than normal optics (or co-stared with Cher on the movie Mask) you are better off changing to an STR or ACS if you are looking for a better cheek weld.

Larue Tactical also make the RISR which accomplishes the same thing but has a sliding cheek rest to solve the charging problem. But again, this is a piece designed for elevated optics, like a scope on a 20MOA rail.

05-17-2012, 2:25 PM
It really depends on your bone structure. I have a riser on my ctr and it fits me perfect and lines me up with my iron sites. On my rifle the charge handle does touch the cheek pad when the stock is fully extended, but is still fully functional.

05-17-2012, 2:52 PM
I use the RISR on my carbine and it works great for a red dot at "lower 1/3 co-witness" height for me. YMMV.

05-17-2012, 11:14 PM
Thanks. I had ordered 1 already. I'll get it next week. Hopefully it works. I shoot with it fully extended.

05-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Installed and works. Stock has to be 100% extended to work.

Sent from my iPhone 4.5 using Tapatalk. Of course.