PDA

View Full Version : Good gun shop near oxnard.

Travis590A1
05-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Lookin for a new gun shop to start giving money too lol. All my local gun shops either closed or are very pricey so I need to find new stompin grounds! :) Anyone close know of any worth stoppin by?

I miss Alquist arms in turlock :(

TacticalPlinker
05-17-2012, 1:04 AM
Take your pick. Blue Line Guns & Ammo and Island View Enterprises are the two newest and most popular these days. Both in Ventura.

Not really a gun shop in the since they're guns and ammo are limited at best, but I frequent Battlefield Adventures for all my accessories and such.

If you're looking for something further south, I like Gretta's in Simi Valley, but be warned however as they're expensive.

Travis590A1
05-17-2012, 1:11 AM
I'm just looking for a shop with at least a decent selection and fair prices on firearms. I get ammo local and accessories online

TacticalPlinker
05-17-2012, 1:13 AM
I'm just looking for a shop with at least a decent selection and fair prices on firearms. I get ammo local and accessories online

Island View and Blue Line, in that order...

techshot
05-17-2012, 3:37 AM
Blue line, Island View, and Uncle Pauls are the three I would go to. Stay away from Shooters Parasite in Oxnard.

islandviewent
05-17-2012, 8:43 AM
Stop on by we also have a brand new indoor range and our rental gun selection is growing. We have a Kriss carbine and pistol on order, should arrive in a week or two. We guarantee we have the best prices on firearms locally, let us know if you find a gun in stock locally cheaper than we have it marked and we will beat the price. Our inventory of guns has also grown considerably.. we have over 300k invested in firearms alone.

Capybara
05-17-2012, 9:36 AM
Thumbs up for Island View, I have bought two guns and two stripped lowers from them, good people, good prices. And the range rocks.

Travis590A1
05-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Looks like I know where I'm goin Friday!

far from tactical
05-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Island view all the way.... That's where I like everyone says stay away from shooters over priced everything

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
05-17-2012, 12:01 PM
shooters paradise guns will cost you one arm, one leg and your soul, way over price go with
1-Blue line exelent customer service
2-Island View new in town "not that new"
3-Uncle Pauls will be my last stop, bad experiense but if I have to go to them insted of shooter paradise so be it.

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
05-17-2012, 12:03 PM
^ I would buy from Big 5 before buying from "Shooters Hell"

shy 7th
05-17-2012, 12:14 PM
I hear really good things about EBRworks in Thousand Oaks. I'm poor right now so I haven't had the money to spend yet, but my next gun purchase (that requires an FFL), I'm going to try him out. Also, when I window shop at gun genie, EBRworks seems to have the lowest prices, though considering the gas you'll spend from the 'nard to TO (depending on where in oxnard you live), you might be better off going to IVE (those guys are cool too). Also I don't think EBR has a storefront, at least I can't [find] one on Google.

You mentioned shops closed... who closed?

Travis590A1
05-17-2012, 12:39 PM
There was a shop in northern cali that was awsome...alquist arms it makes me want to move back up there lol

ChrisMM
05-17-2012, 1:19 PM
+1 for Island View (#1).

Great selection covering all platforms.

Blue line is good too (#2). Large quantity but little variety on rifles in my opinion.

Have heard really good things about Ojai Valley Surplus. Little bit further away though.

WD's (Uncle Pauls), nice place but was always a hastle trying to get any business done if you could even get in the front door. Seemed like more of a hangout than a business. Not sure if this is still the case.

Stay away from Shooters Paradise and Camarillo Shooters Supply. Edit: I would like to retract my statement about Shooters Paradise. It has been a few years since I had been in there. Tried again recently and was very happy with all service. Great improvements and I can't complain. I owe them an apology.

TwinStick
05-17-2012, 1:21 PM
EBR Works has great customer service and the prices I've seen are competitive. They're actually in Newbury Park if that matters. If you're going to make your way up the grade, there's also Greta's Guns in Simi. Their prices are not quite as competitive, but I've always had good experiences there. Shooters Paradise has CHEAP rental guns ($6 pistol rental, $10 AR rental), but their new gun prices are high. I haven't been to Island View, but it seems like everybody likes that place.

far from tactical
05-17-2012, 2:43 PM
True shooters has cheap gun rentals but they make there money on there over priced reloads last time I went in to see for a pack of 50 9mm reloads were around 14 bucks

Californio
05-17-2012, 2:59 PM
Anyone remember that Gun shop in Oxnard on C Street near the plaza?
hated that place. :mad:

Tony was alright once you got to know him.

Sportsmans Exchange and Western Gun Traders

Capybara
05-17-2012, 5:08 PM
EBR Works has great customer service and the prices I've seen are competitive. They're actually in Newbury Park if that matters. If you're going to make your way up the grade, there's also Greta's Guns in Simi. Their prices are not quite as competitive, but I've always had good experiences there. Shooters Paradise has CHEAP rental guns ($6 pistol rental, $10 AR rental), but their new gun prices are high. I haven't been to Island View, but it seems like everybody likes that place.

+1 for Michael and www.ebrworks.com I just had him build my AR pistol, great guy, knows his stuff. Think of Island View as a gun store and range. Think of Michael as a "Weapons Consultant", he is who you see when you want an SSE, AOW, something obscure or hard to get or something interesting like a 1919 or an M2.

I buy from both EBR and Island View, both are great businesses.

far from tactical
05-17-2012, 8:43 PM
From all the good things from erb may have to see what they have in stock when I start looking for a new gun