PDA

View Full Version : Smith & Wesson Model 14-4 - SOLD -

ballistic
05-06-2007, 11:50 AM
- SOLD -

SnWnMe
05-06-2007, 2:27 PM
I knew it was only a matter of time before you sold this thing.

I'm waiting for you to sell me your Diamondback though :)

ShyChineseGuy
05-06-2007, 3:32 PM
ballistic is an awesome seller, don't hesitate to deal with him. :)

I had one of these a few years ago, this model is very accurate and easy to shoot well. Of all the guns that I have sold or traded, the Model 14 is the one I most regret letting out of my collection.

Don't wait too long to get one of these, this dates back to when S & W built some of their best guns.

bwiese
05-07-2007, 9:53 AM
Is this one of the factory single-action S&W Model 14s???

Or is this a traditional double-action wheelgun.

I'm interested in a factory (non-user-converted) single-action Model 14.

ballistic
05-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Thanks for your interest Bill.
It has a very smooth double action pull.
I'm sure you would want to get a factory letter for any single action only Model 14.
It is so easy to convert from one to another.

bwiese
05-07-2007, 7:34 PM
Thanks for your interest Bill.
It has a very smooth double action pull.
I'm sure you would want to get a factory letter for any single action only Model 14.
It is so easy to convert from one to another.

Thanks, my interest is less in the gun itself than for an attack on Calif Rostered handgun laws.

I almost don't care about condition other than it's a factory-issued SA gun.

ballistic
05-07-2007, 9:27 PM
This is not a factory single action only.
I was just pointing out that changing from a regular double action to a single action only is very easy. I am not sure what the factory did, but I am sure I could do it if I wanted to. The Model 14 single action only were made from 1961 to 1982, no special serial number range. If someone had one for sale, even with a box marked as such, I would not be sure it was the real item until I had a factory letter to verify it was shipped from the factory that way.
Reproduction blank S&W box labels are for sale on ebay that help make fraud easy.

I do appreciate all your hard work and dedication to helping those of us in California who are at times crushed under the weight of burdensome and unfair firearms laws.

There is probably a S&W collector in the bay area who may lend a hand in providing such a revolver, allow a peek under the sideplate to see what part/parts have been left out or modified to make it single action, factory correct.

Thanks again for the keeping up the good fight, and let me know if there is anything I can do.

Moonclip
05-07-2007, 10:43 PM
ballistic is an awesome seller, don't hesitate to deal with him. :)

I had one of these a few years ago, this model is very accurate and easy to shoot well. Of all the guns that I have sold or traded, the Model 14 is the one I most regret letting out of my collection.

Don't wait too long to get one of these, this dates back to when S & W built some of their best guns.

Why do you feel this was a good era? Bangor Punta era was considered kind of bad actually! But all guns should be judged on thier individual merits. I have the exact gun in the ad, purchased anib in 2002.

Mine is excellent and I'd purchase this one possibly if I already didn't have mine. Only thing wrong was a totally loose front sight right out of the box! Gunsmith/seller fixed it though.

kermit
05-08-2007, 9:35 PM
LA is too far for me to drive and I have a CMP carbine on order.
(But PM me if you're travelling through Fresno with this beauty:) )

Seriously, those are some fine pictures of great looking pistol.

doran4x
05-09-2007, 3:15 PM
pm sent

Luv44mag
05-09-2007, 8:23 PM
If you're planning a trip up to the north end of the state let me know and I would be glad to take that off your hands...........