PDA

View Full Version : Please delete

Jazojas12
05-16-2012, 2:34 PM
Please delete.

gun toting monkeyboy
05-16-2012, 2:52 PM
It was made around 1982. You are probably looking at between $350-500. Sometimes a bit more, but it depends. Go see what they are actually selling for over on gunbroker.

Just-in
05-16-2012, 2:59 PM
where are you located?

paul0660
05-16-2012, 3:05 PM
I couldn't find that date via Google, and I believe Monkeyboy. I do wonder why MB thinks it is worth so much. Is that pre something?

gun toting monkeyboy
05-16-2012, 3:54 PM
I couldn't find that date via Google, and I believe Monkeyboy. I do wonder why MB thinks it is worth so much. Is that pre something?

Nope. It is not pre-anything. It is just that Winchesters have been commanding a bit more of a premium since they "reorganized" a few years back. You can get a regular one in the $350 range most of the time. If it is in near mint, like the OP suggested, it will likely go for a bit more. I know that there are some that are currently lower on Gunbroker, but look at the number of bids. Those are likely to climb into the range I mentioned before they sell. And many of the ones that are priced lower also have reserves, which means although they are starting in the $125-299 range, they won't be sold for that price. I don't get it either. These are basic deer hunting rifles, and have been for over a century. But that seems to be what the market has them going for these days.

-Mb

rromeo
05-16-2012, 5:25 PM
Some people selling 94s think they command a premium since USRAC quit producing them, and some buyers agree. I believe that somebody would pay $550 for a plain 94 from the mid '80s. I wouldn't, because I can buy a Marlin for $400 otd at Walmart.