PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon Rifle

NewbieDave
05-16-2012, 1:29 PM
This trailer was recently released for the new Ghost Recon game... a live action short film to promote the game. Looks like they fabrcated the primary rifle that's in the game... can anyone see (guess) what the host weapon was?
OOhbvAGAXVo
http://www3.0zz0.com/2011/08/20/01/147972398.jpg
.What the rifle looks like in the game form... but they did a pretty good job at recreating it. Just wondering what the host weapon was.

But I do see a FN-P90, a HK, looks like a Barrett... and a mass of AKs.

Good short film... wish it was a whole movie, I'll pay to see it :D

dpc

UserM4
05-16-2012, 1:43 PM
FN?

Centurion005
05-16-2012, 1:50 PM
Wicked looking gun, that's for sure.
Bullpup with two muzzles and...um, ...a hacksaw?

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
05-16-2012, 1:52 PM
Tagged for when I get out of work, can't view the vid on my phone

MrPlink
05-16-2012, 2:14 PM
Good to see tier1 operators still use 40 dollar rds in the future.

Bhobbs
05-16-2012, 2:38 PM
Looks a lot like a P90 to me.

morfeeis
05-16-2012, 2:44 PM
This trailer was recently released for the new Ghost Recon game... a live action short film to promote the game. Looks like they fabrcated the primary rifle that's in the game... can anyone see (guess) what the host weapon was?
OOhbvAGAXVo
http://www3.0zz0.com/2011/08/20/01/147972398.jpg
.What the rifle looks like in the game form... but they did a pretty good job at recreating it. Just wondering what the host weapon was.

But I do see a FN-P90, a HK, looks like a Barrett... and a mass of AKs.

Good short film... wish it was a whole movie, I'll pay to see it :D

dpc
I want that game to be so good so bad, after playing the demo all those hopes died a sad painful death. As for the weapons, i saw an FNp90 and an FS2000. those were the two rifles the team looked to use.

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
05-17-2012, 5:46 AM
nice video

dandingo13
05-17-2012, 8:09 AM
Good to see tier1 operators still use 40 dollar rds in the future.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Other than that this movie is extremely well made. It would make a great full-length feature.

21SF
05-17-2012, 8:26 AM
I wish they would have left the game the way GRAW was.

The lobby system and remove the cover system.

defyitall
05-17-2012, 9:04 AM
I've got some experience in prop design and CG effects and I can say since only one guy carries the gun in the short it's probably not based off anything. They probably just paid some prop maker to do a real world version of the CG model. Or maybe rapid prototyped it from the CG files.

You can add fake muzzle flash pretty easily these days digitally. Unless you see a gun firing and see brass popping out, it could be faked.

If you notice most, if not all, of the gun fire in the short is from real guns: FN, G37, AKs, etc. Is there even any shots of the video game gun firing?

As far as the video game CG gun looking to have real world parts. The designer probably referenced a bunch of actual guns and parts when modelling it on the computer.

axhoaxho
05-17-2012, 10:59 PM
Cool short film, I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

Quiet
05-17-2012, 11:06 PM
I've got some experience in prop design and CG effects and I can say since only one guy carries the gun in the short it's probably not based off anything. They probably just paid some prop maker to do a real world version of the CG model. Or maybe rapid prototyped it from the CG files.

You can add fake muzzle flash pretty easily these days digitally. Unless you see a gun firing and see brass popping out, it could be faked.

If you notice most, if not all, of the gun fire in the short is from real guns: FN, G37, AKs, etc. Is there even any shots of the video game gun firing?

As far as the video game CG gun looking to have real world parts. The designer probably referenced a bunch of actual guns and parts when modelling it on the computer.

:iagree:

There was one brief scene (less than 1 sec) of it firing a short burst. Makes me think they used CG for that scene.
After that scene it's just carried around and the guy carrying it uses his handgun instead of the rifle.

WeekendWarrior
05-18-2012, 1:20 AM
not to be a debby downer but that looks really heavy... Cool looking though.

Scratch705
05-18-2012, 1:34 AM
I want that game to be so good so bad, after playing the demo all those hopes died a sad painful death. As for the weapons, i saw an FNp90 and an FS2000. those were the two rifles the team looked to use.

demo isn't out for this game. and no, the beta does not count as a demo. beta is old code and only released to help test back end and balancing weapon stats.

as for the gun mockup, most likely it is a complete fake, but if it is a dressed up gun, the tavor would be my opinion as base model.

alice901212
05-18-2012, 1:41 AM
Looks so great,i wnat that game too,that sounds incredible.

Revolver Ocelot
05-18-2012, 10:33 AM
demo isn't out for this game. and no, the beta does not count as a demo. beta is old code and only released to help test back end and balancing weapon stats.

I think what he was proably most dissapointed about was how dramatically un ghost recon it is.

Most people were hoping for an advancement in the series and not a Gears of war/call of duty mash up.

For example: having to buy a semi auto trigger and have it only be semi auto and not being able to just select your rate of fire on the fly like in all previous games is just silly.

Inquirer
05-18-2012, 10:58 AM
I was gonna guess an airsoft FAMAS was the basis for the mockup gun. As for the film - really good production value, but I can't be the only one around who found it REAAALLLY sloooooow.

Inq