PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions About Flash Hiders

sjwolf
05-16-2012, 7:27 AM
I'm gonna be sending my rifle in for refinishing or replacement or whatever get worked out. It's a 14.5 with a pinned FH. It was (1) of only a handful of Noveskes with a Sabre Defence Extended A2. I just found out the other day that SDI basically got raided and shutdown, so I have a few questions.

1) Will they be able to reuse the same FH and have it fit properly?

2) Is there anywhere to still get a SDI extended A2?

3) Has anyone had a both a SDI and BCM extended A2? Any differences? I saw an old thread ARFCOM in which some one claimed that the SDI decreased recoil and the BCM increased it. I don't remember the SDI being a FH/Comp but some one else might? When I look at pictures of BCM A2X's the finish seems kinda rough. Do they look bad in person?

Thanks

EDIT

4) Thought of something else. My SDI FH was pinned at 3 o'clock. A BCM A2X is pre-drilled on the bottom. Would they have to pin the new FH both underneath and on the side? Would it be pinned at 3 again with the open hole at 6? The threads are damaged when a FH is pinned correct?

FeuerFrei
05-16-2012, 9:08 AM
when the fh is pinned and welded the fh is gonna be a b|tch (impossible) to get off without scaring it up. Buy another from the git go.
buy the Bravo fh and then you can use your bayonet or whatever you're gonna need to do with it.
i shot an AR with the BCM and it does the same as a mil-spec A2. imho. oal legal requirement met.
if you want muzzle control use a brake.
finishes looked parked. good luck.

bender152
05-16-2012, 9:19 AM
Will they be able to reuse the same FH? Probably not. If they're careful, they *might* be able to salvage the original.

Any reason you want to stick with the extended A2? If it's going to be removed, now's your chance to get something better. If you want a better flash suppressing device, you can get a Vortex or AAC Blackout. Both are long enough to bring you to the 16" minimum.

sjwolf
05-17-2012, 4:47 AM
Thought of something else. My SDI FH was pinned at 3 o'clock. A BCM A2X is pre-drilled on the bottom. Would they have to pin the new FH both underneath and on the side? Would it be pinned at 3 again with the open hole at 6? The threads are damaged when a FH is pinned correct?