PDA

View Full Version : 2A advocacy groups

taperxz
05-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Does CGN and its owners/moderators work with or endorse any particular CA 2A advocacy groups. What group in CA is the best group to donate money to who will use our money to fight for our 2A rights. Thanks

ElvenSoul
05-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Taperxz which ones send you the most junk mail? Which ones provide truthful and easy acess to info and laws? Which ones go to court for the little guy?

Quiet
05-15-2012, 10:52 PM
IMO...
There's only three pro-gun groups you should consider donating to, forget about the rest.

In order of importance to the CA movement...
1. Calguns Foundation (CGF) (http://calgunsfoundation.org/)
2. Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) (http://www.saf.org/)
3. National Rifle Association - Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) (http://www.nraila.org/)

Anchors
05-15-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm with Quiet except I don't order them.

bwiese
05-16-2012, 12:14 AM
Every CGF Board Member will tell you that being an NRA member counts.

Giving to CGF while not being an NRA member is just loopy.

The NRA does a helluva lot in CA that it doesn't brag about. The NRA team in CA is populated by people I'd trust my life to; this includes the CRPA lobbyist Tom Pedersen too.

Never forget the whole start of OLLdom was based on structure provided by CA NRA legal team-acquired documents and NRA captures of DOJ regulatory policy statements.

SAF also does major useful play on the gun LEGAL front. CGF does partner with SAF and we appreciate the help.

And remember, regardless of the current CRPA drama, you can't attempt to exert control of an organization if you are not what they call a member. It's not that expensive, and you may get a chance to become a real member ;-)

dantodd
05-16-2012, 5:37 AM
Does CGN and its owners/moderators work with or endorse any particular CA 2A advocacy groups. What group in CA is the best group to donate money to who will use our money to fight for our 2A rights. Thanks

The short answer is that Paul Nordberg (hope I spelled that right) is the sole owner of CalGuns.net. He sits on the board of both The CalGuns Foundation and the California Rifle and Pistol Assoxiation.

Jeeper
05-17-2012, 5:07 PM

The NRA does a helluva lot in CA that it doesn't brag about. The NRA team in CA is populated by people I'd trust my life to; this includes the CRPA lobbyist Tom Pedersen too.

Never forget the whole start of OLLdom was based on structure provided by CA NRA legal team-acquired documents and NRA captures of DOJ regulatory policy statements.

SAF also does major useful play on the gun LEGAL front. CGF does partner with SAF and we appreciate the help.

And remember, regardless of the current CRPA drama, you can't attempt to exert control of an organization if you are not what they call a member. It's not that expensive, and you may get a chance to become a real member ;-)

Could you please extrapolate on the NRA's contribution to California gun owners?

Not being a NRA member anymore, I am looking for an organization to contribute to.

Thanks

mbt
05-17-2012, 9:31 PM
Just contribute to and focus your resources to Calguns (real action).

NRA is like the Repub party, talks a lot about being conservative and different than Democras but spends just as much on pet projects and doesn't represent its memberships. NRA talks a lot but ultimately supports the Ruger gun ownership view (shotguns only, hunting only idealogy). Lots of political backroom compromises and selling out of its members to lawmakers. Why do u think we have all these limitations (hg safety list, 922, 10 round mag limit, 1 hg/month, no suppressors, no aks, min length for sgs, carbines, no 50 cal, etc etc etc) under the NRA??? Think about it. If they were any good, why did it get so bad under them?

Talk is cheap. Calguns is the better deal.

mbt
05-17-2012, 9:35 PM
Actions speak louder than words.

Calguns is about action.

NRA is about words.

FastFinger
05-17-2012, 9:40 PM
Actions speak louder than words.

Calguns is about action...

Correct. And when one of the CGF board of directors tells you...

...it follows that you can take that advise to the bank (and write out a check to "NRA" while you're there).

SkyMag68
05-17-2012, 9:54 PM
MBT...you need to read Bill W. post again.

jorgyusa
05-18-2012, 11:24 AM
I am not a board member but have a very strong opinion that the best bang for your buck is CGF, SAF and GOC (in that order) for restoration of your rights in California.
I have membership also in GS2AC, GOA and NRA . They all are good and serve their purposes but when comes to extra donations $'s CGF, SAF and GOC are in my opinion doing the real heavy lifting.

1BigPea
05-18-2012, 11:28 AM
what Bill said.

The NRA is the most important, then CGF or SAF.

FastFinger
05-18-2012, 11:44 AM
The NRA is the gorilla in the corner. Anything and everything it does will get noticed, sometimes that's good, sometimes not so much. Here is CA we are, for the most part, behind enemy lines. More than in most states the NRA needs to be aware of how the opposition views and reacts to its actions.

The NRA does a lot, a whole lot, but will not make noise about it. In our national defense budget stealth projects need funding, even if we don't get to know all the details; defending our 2A rights is no different. Help fund the fight.