PDA

View Full Version : IO Inc Ak-47 Sporter

Chameleon Loco
05-15-2012, 10:02 PM
I saw a CA legal one for sale on Atlantic Firearms and I like its accuracy and price. I have a question about the bullet button though. I am left handed and shoot with the stock to my left shoulder, will expent rounds be a problem and will the bullet button be on both sides on the rifle or only one? Sorry if these questions sound stupid the only AK type rifle I have shoot before is a Saiga and it was not for me. For the price how does it compare to other Ak type rifles?

Freagan
05-15-2012, 10:07 PM
IO is junk, do some research online and I am sure you'll reconsider that saiga or another more reputable AK pattern rifle

ElvenSoul
05-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Run Away! Save Yourself!

Chameleon Loco
05-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Note I do not want a pump action ak, or a saiga, and not a wasr.

ElvenSoul
05-15-2012, 10:50 PM
Chameleon you do not want a Lancaster either.

guitar-nut
05-15-2012, 10:54 PM

If you don't want a WASR or Saiga, you really don't want an IO Inc rifle. I've never heard anyone speak well of their IO rifle and the only one I've ever seen and handled in person felt like it would fall apart if I gave it a good shake.

I remember a thread on here where people were talking about their IO Inc CASAR rifles... some of the failures were so catastrophic I'm surprised there weren't major injuries.

kwansao
05-15-2012, 10:56 PM
No dont do it. Iraq veteran 8888 has a video on how to choose an Ak, check out the IO he shows off, corrosion, bad rivets...

Dont buy a rifle from them sight unseen.

Also the bullet button is on the bottom not on the side like an AR.

ElvenSoul
05-15-2012, 11:00 PM
Just say no Tenn guns as well.

MrPlink
05-15-2012, 11:02 PM
friends dont let friends buy I.O.

ElvenSoul
05-15-2012, 11:03 PM
The Bullet Button may not be for you
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=253777

ChaneRZ
05-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Stay awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

IntoForever
05-15-2012, 11:13 PM
I've held two IO's, both had a canted front sight and one had trunion rivets that had gaps between the head and receiver. Be very diligent if you want to get an IO, including test firing the hell out of it.

MrPlink
05-15-2012, 11:14 PM
I've held two IO's, both had a canted front sight and one had trunion rivets that had gaps between the head and receiver. Be very diligent if you want to get an IO, including test firing the hell out of it.

front sight is 99% of the time a non-issue,
but crap rivets and bent receivers and everything else are a big deal breaker.

Javi
05-16-2012, 12:01 AM
Look into Interarms' AKs. I didn't see Atlantic carrying them anymore but RRC is hopefully getting some in.

S470FM
05-16-2012, 1:22 AM
IO is a bad deal. Look into Arsenal

::flame suit on::

NorCalK9.com
05-16-2012, 8:33 AM
Dont get an I.O.!!!!
They suck.
They look like turds.
They smell like farts.
They shoot less reliably than a vietnam era m16.
Lmao case closed

tujungatoes
05-16-2012, 8:45 AM

If you're looking down your nose at a WASR, an IO is definitely not the way to go.

I've had several experiences with IO CASAR rifles they all involve me fixing their shoddy workmanship.

So...I understand your aversion to the PAR-1, but whats wrong with a wasr or saiga?

MUKAK
05-16-2012, 8:58 AM
I saw a CA legal one for sale on Atlantic Firearms and I like its ACCURACYand price. I have a question about the bullet button though. I am left handed and shoot with the stock to my left shoulder, will expent rounds be a problem and will the bullet button be on both sides on the rifle or only one? Sorry if these questions sound stupid the only AK type rifle I have shoot before is a Saiga and it was not for me. For the price how does it compare to other Ak type rifles?

what accuracy?

:rolleyes:

yuccales
05-16-2012, 1:27 PM
IO......:eek: I shoot rifles off my left shoulder, my brass does not come near my face. Nothing wrong with a WASR.;)

Chameleon Loco
05-16-2012, 4:46 PM
I dont want to spend the money converting the saiga and for the Wasr I dont like that it only takes the single stack magazines. I took a look at arsenals ak's and while the look sick they are way out of my price range. I do however like Interarms AKM-P is this model legal to own in California?

nicoroshi
05-16-2012, 4:51 PM
If you're looking down your nose at a WASR, an IO is definitely not the way to go.

I've had several experiences with IO CASAR rifles they all involve me fixing their shoddy workmanship.

So...I understand your aversion to the PAR-1, but whats wrong with a wasr or saiga?

I have repaired my fair share of them as well.
Everything from the interior rails being too short so the bolt would lock back after every shot to actually blowing the gas block forward on the first shot because they never roll pinned it (Yes, I did say roll pin....not steel pin like they should be), and everything in between.

Run away from anything I.O. Inc as fast as you can.

tujungatoes
05-16-2012, 5:15 PM
I dont want to spend the money converting the saiga and for the Wasr I dont like that it only takes the single stack magazines. I took a look at arsenals ak's and while the look sick they are way out of my price range. I do however like Interarms AKM-P is this model legal to own in California?

Not all WASR's are single stack, and opening the mag well to accept regular ak mags takes all of 20 minutes with a dremel tool...Less if you're not too picky about how it looks.

The interarms AKM-P appears to be a re-incarnation of a romanian guard rifle. I generally hear good things about that company. Imagine it'd be a good quality firearm.

Atlantic Firearms
05-16-2012, 5:42 PM
We have several hundred IAC 47 Rifles on order and our firm is IAC's largest AK47 customer but they are not producing much at this time .

RED VASQUEZ
05-16-2012, 5:46 PM
Beware of IOs, if you get one that works you have 1 of the 2 that do (I have the other one). One of my shooting buddies bought 2 of them (against my recommendation). The first one came packed full of metal shavings and the rails had all kinds of burrs and rough edges that had to be cleaned up before it would even go into battery, he gets the second one today:shrug:. Mine came packed full of sawdust:confused:.

Travis590A1
05-16-2012, 5:50 PM
I've bought an I.O. in november it turns out it had a warped reciever. I.O. replaced it with a worse rifle wouldn't shoot more than 6 rounds without jamming. So I.O. sent me a new one and after 100 rounds 3 of the rivets shot out and 2 you could actually move with your hands...sent that back got a new one with even worse rivets. So I sold it. Bottom line do not buy ANY I.O. product. They care nothing of their customers and will surely be out of. Business very soon.

Travis590A1
05-16-2012, 5:56 PM
I.O. is hands down the worse maker of firearms period. They make crap ak's crap pistols and crap accessories. All products are cheaply made. I could bad mouth them all day. Not to mention their staff including their owner are morons. Any middle men who stock them or are looking into getting one don't! Worst company ever.

Chameleon Loco
05-16-2012, 6:03 PM
I am definetly not going to get a IO Ak-47 I am looking at the Inter arms AKM-P now. Atlantic Firearms is there any way to be notified when you have them in stock?

welchy
05-16-2012, 6:28 PM
IMHO converting a Saiga is best way to go. It is very easy. I did it without any real problems and I do not have any special skills or experience. Plus they now sell a model with the front end already "converted."

temilotzin21
05-16-2012, 9:43 PM
Wow, lot of IO hate on CG! I must have the third one that works because I have had mine for about a year now and it has been a great AKM style rifle. And it's American made, well mostly anyhow. That being said it always a good idea to listen to the stories of those who have actually owned one. It's better to learn from other's mistakes then your own, I always say.

Travis590A1
05-16-2012, 9:52 PM
I.O. is garbage if they are still in business in 2 years id be amazed.

arsilva32
05-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Wow, lot of IO hate on CG! I must have the third one that works because I have had mine for about a year now and it has been a great AKM style rifle. And it's American made, well mostly anyhow. That being said it always a good idea to listen to the stories of those who have actually owned one. It's better to learn from other's mistakes then your own, I always say.

buying a IO is hit and miss with more of the miss. you are one of the very few that came out with a workable rifle.the majority are serious defects that border on the criminal sale of a ticking time bomb.

darrenc75
05-17-2012, 4:01 AM
romy m10 from colorado gun sales. i have one and i love mine. favorable reviews everywhere and i like the fsb/gb combo. i dont notice the shorter sight radius and its still plenty accurate. good price point too not ridiculously high like arsenal. or convert a saiga.

bob_e95482
05-17-2012, 4:34 AM
I've had my IO CASAR for 2 years, and it must be the 1st or 2nd good one.

Bonedeval
05-17-2012, 4:56 AM

My I.O. is awesome. 600+ rounds no problems. I'm sure most though not all of trash talkers never even held or fired one.

lil_jackal
05-17-2012, 10:53 AM
story time ! i owned two i.o.'s yes two ,they're pretty sloppy , first one i had , had it for about half a year , returned it due to its .. well canted everything ,second one the morons cut the mag catch causing the mag to sit low and causing jams and what not, had to get it fixed which worked after , but the price of something that you may need to fix is just not worth the money or time, that being said i suggest you stay far far far away

Travis590A1
05-17-2012, 11:43 AM
I've held 4 I.O.s sadly they were all mine and they are all crap. I dont see how they are in business since their good to bad rifle ratio seems very off. To be honest I want an arsenal but really I.O. turned me off ak's I'm window shopping for AR's now.

chead
05-17-2012, 12:03 PM
My I.O. is awesome. 600+ rounds no problems. I'm sure most though not all of trash talkers never even held or fired one.

I have, and the rest of the "trash talkers" probably have too. They are not good rifles at best, and dangerous at worst.

Mail Clerk
05-17-2012, 12:39 PM
IO Casars can be lousey but there's allot of ones that pretty darn good as mine is. You have to be very selective so if you like them ask the store to allow you to see all of them and get the best one of the bunch! My first one I admit was kinda junkie but functioned flawlessly but manufactured poorly. When I received me replacement it was like night and day. Still functioned well and built and blued much better than the first. Again be very stringently picky and selective.

Mail Clerk

rob86
05-17-2012, 1:33 PM
There are some good IO Ak's out there but you would be very lucky to get a well made IO AK. I bought one and it was a piece of ****. It wouldn't feed the round right and would jam up on me 80 percent of the time. I had one round feed into the chamber then something would jam and the next round would come up. It was not safe at all. I cleaned the gun, looked at every part and it just was a pile of junk. I returned the gun and went to another gun shop and bought a romanian ak and have been stoked with it ever since. I have to say while the Ak isn't the most accurate gun, it sure is fun to shoot and is my favorite.

arsilva32
05-17-2012, 6:06 PM

i say that that most that are saying they have good IO casars have never held or fired a quality built AK, therefore have no bench-mark of a actual well built rifle. i still have my casar and its a great shooter,but its been totally rebuilt by me so its hardly a IO anymore except for the name on the receiver .

Mail Clerk
05-17-2012, 7:00 PM
i say that that most that are saying they have good IO casars have never held or fired a quality built AK, therefore have no bench-mark of a actual well built rifle. i still have my casar and its a great shooter,but its been totally rebuilt by me so its hardly a IO anymore except for the name on the receiver .

On another forum it was indicated they have been trying to clean=up there acts and are suppose to be producing better quality AK's. Perhaps in theory that's why mine second replacement was so well made.

I still say ask the store to allow you to see the entire inventory and pick what you want after careful looking over.

If they are putting out better Ak's then it doesn't hurt to try them again as they can be good bargains. If worse comes to worse you can rebuild it to make it superior.

Mail Clerk