View Full Version : Need help with a Hydro-Coil stock

05-15-2012, 4:08 PM
Hi all. I have a Weatherby Mark V with a Hydro-Coil Industries stock on it. The stock no longer functions correctly and I am trying to locate the manufacturer but I am having no success. My internet searches only result in forum discussions about Winchester model 12's and there is no useful information about the manufacturer. Does anyone have any knowledge they wish to share on the subject?

05-15-2012, 5:32 PM
well my search said they are in van nuys CA they go by the name Hydro-Coil Inc. Sad part is i couldn't find anything else, the inventors name is Ralph O. Hoge (not sure if he is with the Houge firearms company (http://www.getgrip.com/index.html))

Good luck

05-15-2012, 6:42 PM
There's an article about it in Sports Illustrated from 1963 when it was introduced and talks about how it absorbs recoil etc. It says it just uses air and upon further examination it appears that the cylinders or shock absorbers in the sleeve are filled with air. So if you tak the sleeve off maybe you can just fill them with air (provided the seals are good) and you should be good to go.

Heres the link to the article if you want to read it:

And another link on a forum:

05-15-2012, 10:36 PM
I saw the same Sports Illustrated article. It was very interesting but very outdated. Thanks for the help, I hope this company is still around.

05-15-2012, 11:07 PM
I really don't think they are because there is zero information about them but we can be positive and hope right?