PDA

View Full Version : Primary Weapon Systems

NissanPreRunner
05-15-2012, 3:54 PM
Anyone had any dealing with them? I really want to get their MK216 (http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=239&idcategory=25) from them but I can hardly find any reviews or videos other than the ones on the site.

Thanks in advance.

Capybara
05-15-2012, 3:59 PM
Looks like a beautiful rifle but $2,500.00? Is there something about Primary that makes them superior to any of the other tier 1 manufacturers? Not asking sarcastically, I really want to know as I have not heard of them. I don't own a high end AR but it seems like everyone here and elsewhere really talks up Larue, DD, Noveske, etc.

osis32
05-15-2012, 4:04 PM
It's a piston if I recall correctly.

MrPlink
05-15-2012, 4:15 PM
Looks like a beautiful rifle but $2,500.00? Is there something about Primary that makes them superior to any of the other tier 1 manufacturers? Not asking sarcastically, I really want to know as I have not heard of them. I don't own a high end AR but it seems like everyone here and elsewhere really talks up Larue, DD, Noveske, etc.

first of all, it is piston driven. Its a long stroke piston at that, and that rifle is not an AR15 pattern, it is chambered in 7.62nato

KillZone45
05-15-2012, 4:46 PM

Also its because here on CG we have the LaRue/Noveske/Daniel Defense fan boys and thats all they talk about. A high end piston gun is going to be a decent amount more $ than a DI gun. PWS has been featured on Top Ten battle rifles on Military channel along with my favorite the LWRCi REPR(was SABR).

djleisure
05-15-2012, 9:31 PM
Can't go wrong with PWS and for a piston driven, .308 AR10-style rifle, $2500 is a great price... and if anyone wants to get into semantic arguments about "AR10-style" go for it - I don't care.

NissanPreRunner
05-16-2012, 5:17 AM
PWS has been featured on Top Ten battle rifles on Military channel along with my favorite the LWRCi REPR(was SABR).

Did not know that, I may have to look up that episode.

Capybara
05-16-2012, 5:44 AM
Thanks for the education!

peter95
05-16-2012, 6:56 AM
If I had the money right now for it, I would buy it.

PWS makes great products.

Calplinker
05-16-2012, 8:44 AM
I've had my PWS 16" upper for a couple of years now. It runs flawlessly.

Having said that, I may sell it and go with a DI setup on this particular gun. All the other AR's I've built since then have been DI models.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc417/IEShooter/Custom%20built%20AR-15/20100320_0072.jpg

MUKAK
05-16-2012, 9:35 AM
i dont get it.. why would u sell it? :confused::confused:

I've had my PWS 16" upper for a couple of years now. It runs flawlessly.

Having said that, I may sell it and go with a DI setup on this particular gun. All the other AR's I've built since then have been DI models.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc417/IEShooter/Custom%20built%20AR-15/20100320_0072.jpg

Outta Control
05-16-2012, 9:41 AM
Anyone had any dealing with them? I really want to get their MK216 (http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=239&idcategory=25) from them but I can hardly find any reviews or videos other than the ones on the site.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure where you are at but PWS will be near Reno in early June to offer demos.

Calplinker
05-16-2012, 11:17 AM
i dont get it.. why would u sell it? :confused::confused:

Because it is a proprietary gas system, unique only to PWS (and Adams Arms, who uses PWS' gas sytem).

This means that should I ever need parts, they have to come from PWS, should they still be around 2 or 20 years from now.

Meanwhile, my DI guns use off the shelf parts that will always be available.

The PWS upper also cost twice what a DI upper of similiarly quality components would cost.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bagging on PWS or gas piston AR's. They have some advantages. However, there is no uniform gas piston design, so they are all unique and proprietary.

I'd be less concerned if I had a Ruger, Colt, S&W, Sig, etc. system as they are a lot more common and arguably less likely to go anywhere in the future.

MUKAK
05-16-2012, 11:36 AM
ohh i c.. i also own a CMMG Gas Piston upper.. but i aint about to sell it ..

Because it is a proprietary gas system, unique only to PWS (and Adams Arms, who uses PWS' gas sytem).

This means that should I ever need parts, they have to come from PWS, should they still be around 2 or 20 years from now.

The PWS upper also cost twice what a DI upper of similiarly quality components would cost.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bagging on PWS or gas piston AR's. They have some advantages. However, there is no uniform gas piston design, so they are all unique and proprietary.

I'd be less concerned if I had a Ruger, Colt, S&W, Sig, etc. system as they are a lot more common and arguably less likely to go anywhere in the future.

NissanPreRunner
05-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Not sure where you are at but PWS will be near Reno in early June to offer demos.

It seems too far just for a demo that will probably be only for the weekend or so. Do you have a link?

wildbill714
05-18-2012, 6:45 AM

Thanks in advance.
There is a very detailed review on the pws 214 On sniper hide by Dmack. It should be more than enough to make up your mind...he has reviews on both the mk 114 and 214...extremely long but worth the read if you really want to drop the doe on it...good luck

wildbill714
05-18-2012, 6:50 AM

ADAMS ARMS does not use the pws system anymore they have their own proprietary system. And the pws uses regularly mil spec bolt....those are all great rifles you mentiioned, pws is also up their dmack has a great review on sniper hide where he has documented some where around 30,000 rounds and counting on the pws mk114. Google it