PDA

View Full Version : Election: District Attorney?

Peaceful John
05-15-2012, 8:27 AM
Trutanich 2008: Well, that didn't work out as one would have wished.

Fast forward to 2012: I don't know any of the candidates. Is there anyone for whom it is still possible to to be hopeful?

Cordially,
John

bwiese
05-15-2012, 3:40 PM
Anybody but Trutanich.

Perhaps even Jack Weiss.

Burning Trutanich to the ground is absolutely necessary.

Chuck Michel has given up all hopes of even just a talking relationship with his old partner and it's no longer 'hands off'.

nick
05-15-2012, 3:59 PM
Alan Jackson has been asking around about connecting with pro-2A organizations. Do we know much about him?

LHC30
05-16-2012, 7:30 AM
AJ is a good candidate, so is Jackie Lacey. IMHO these are the two top picks (in inverse order)...

glockman19
05-16-2012, 7:49 AM
I have spoke with Jackie...I like her...she's going after Richard Alarcon.

yellowfin
05-16-2012, 7:55 AM
Alan Jackson has been asking around about connecting with pro-2A organizations. Do we know much about him?Great music, awesome in concert. Always have him in my playlist for driving along with Brooks and Dunn, Kenny Chesney, and Brad Paisley.

Peaceful John
05-16-2012, 9:09 AM
Thank, guys. Based on your input, I think we'll be going for Jackie Lacey.

LHC30
05-17-2012, 7:14 AM
...she's going after Richard Alarcon.

She sees public corruption much like DA Cooley does, that it needs to be investigated and prosecuted - without the interference of the elected officials (DA included).

glockman19
05-17-2012, 7:19 AM
She sees public corruption much like DA Cooley does, that it needs to be investigated and prosecuted - without the interference of the elected officials (DA included).

YES...I appreciate and support her agenda...

lomalinda
05-17-2012, 10:42 AM
Bill,

Haven't followed the Trutanich follies...What has the guy done re: 2A stuff?

glockman19
05-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Bill,

NOTHING...He's a political climber...Not to be trusted.

bwiese
05-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Bill,

We figured we could still talk to him even though he was lukewarm at best on gun issues, but that being in Chuck Michel's office would at least have given him a touch of rationality on the issue.

He not only backed away from that stance he went full anti and supported ammo ban bills, appeared on TV talking about it, etc.

He should be regarded as a full-on anti and we need to figure out how to burn him.

At this point I would actually support Jack Weiss again just to kick Trutanich in the teeth.

glockman19
05-17-2012, 11:27 AM
We figured we could still talk to him even though he was lukewarm at best on gun issues, but that being in Chuck Michel's office would at least have given him a touch of rationality on the issue.

He not only backed away from that stance he went full anti and supported ammo ban bills, appeared on TV talking about it, etc.

He should be regarded as a full-on anti and we need to figure out how to burn him.

At this point I would actually support Jack Weiss again just to kick Trutanich in the teeth.

Really? Only if he were the only other choice...I'm not a Fan of Jack's tenure on the City Council.

LHC30
05-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Jackie Lacey has always presented herself as a thoughtful, level headed person. I believe she would be fair.

glockman19
05-17-2012, 6:01 PM
He is very bad
VN29X2HCKpU