PDA

View Full Version : Want to purchase firearm

panda430
05-14-2012, 10:53 PM
i want to purchase a firearm but im scared of getting denied i was charged with a 12025(a) in the state of california after transferring my firearm from Tucson, Az my car was parked on my drive way with my firearm under my seat without a magazine or ammo or fire pin then i was later put into custody for a wabbler but ended up being charged under a misdemeanor and talked to a close friend of mine that was a lawyer and said i shouldnt have been charged with that due to me not being in the vehicle with it there was a complaint that i had one they called me on my cell phone to come back to the house and talk to the police about the incident i was not in my car when they should up at my resident and asked to search my car so i complied and told them were the firearm was they grabbed it and confirmed that i was telling the truth but still took me in for it and i was not with the firearm it was just in my car with the car locked and they asked me to come back i was with a friend in his car so long story short even if this seems long lol i really would like some feed back if i would get denied for a firearm for a 12025(a) misdemeanor and was exsponge already. thank you

Baconator
05-14-2012, 10:55 PM
There is a form, you can fill out and send in and see if you are prohibited.

Sent from my evil Apple iPad using Tapatalk

dantodd
05-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Here is the form. http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/firearms/forms/pfecapp.pdf

It will run the same background check on you that the DOJ will de when you buy a gun in CA.

alfred1222
05-14-2012, 11:20 PM
ya i would just try, or i know there is a form to see if youre eligible to buy firearms. google

Chief2Guns
05-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Moral of the story is never ever talk to the police. Comply but don't cooperate.

wildhawker
05-14-2012, 11:29 PM
And use periods.

-Brandon

mag360
05-14-2012, 11:34 PM
definitely could use some sentences. I ran out of breath, passed out, and gave you this reply which adds nothing to the thread other than complaining about your lack of sentences ;)

OlderThanDirt
05-15-2012, 8:15 AM
Lucky for you that passing a literacy test is not required for gun ownership.

em9sredbeam
05-15-2012, 8:21 AM
Interesting. Thanks for the form I had a buddy with a similar problem and he wanted to see if he had anything on his record. By the way my old English teacher would throw things at you if she read this. hahhahaha

littlejake
05-15-2012, 11:09 AM
An odd story indeed. I agree the PFEC form is the way to check eligibility. It takes CA DOJ BOF a while to process as they do not consider them a high priority.

As for the incident, Chief2Guns' advice is golden. I might phrase it as, Do not talk to the police; do not consent to any search; and do not impede them. (They're going to do what they have their mind set upon; but, it should be without consent.)