PDA

View Full Version : Went back to p2k today

kris smith
05-14-2012, 8:03 PM
I know this is probably the wrong section. But had a second trip to the p2k range today. Horrible experience. this time tried to get on te 100 range with the mini 14 an ar ,and on a target I was dead nuts. but put there paper square out there and could not hit it in the box. I couldn't see the lines they were so fine at that distance.( I have open sights) so I gave up and started target practice. the mini was amazing as always, but my AR was crap (this is not he ranges fault) but every other case stuck (steel case) but I've never had this issue with this rifle. (i am gunna clean the hell out of it) in the middle of this frustration what appears to be a few gang bangers came in. (I am judging by there clothing and weapons choices) they brought there women, and they had green lasers on the guns. all I saw was green dots across every ones targets, sparks off the floors, concrete dust off the roof and bullets flying every where. I told my gf we need to leave now and we did. I am so not impressed with my second trip

Agent 0range
05-14-2012, 8:57 PM
The facility is nice, but the clientele is a little shady at times. I've decided it's not worth the drive and wait time to get a lane. The cease fires also helped solidify that decision.

kris smith
05-14-2012, 9:24 PM
Ya they are ridiculous most of the clientele are alright but some people are tards the range is nice they have a good store but but I Dont Know If ima go back not many other places I can shot my steel case ammo

Agent 0range
05-14-2012, 9:28 PM
There's always the desert!

kris smith
05-14-2012, 9:32 PM
Ya I'm in process of getting a 4x4 again so I can do that I like the desert to shoot just a long drive specially if your relying on some one else to get you there

pc_load_letter
05-14-2012, 9:40 PM
I think you can say that any range is going to have "shady" shooters. The last time I was at P2k (my main range since I'm 5 minutes away), there were some clowns going dual handguns gangster style. While I don't think they were gansters, they were just stupid. A staffer immediately came over and told them that's it's not allowed.

At P2k, you get pro's and con's. Pro's, you can load off the line, shoot 30 round mags no problem, and pretty much anything else normally disallowed at other ranges, i.e. rapid fire, holster draws etc etc.

Con's, you get the occasional rif-raff. I shoot first thing in the morning. Things are chill and everyone is in a great mood. Would hate to come after 10am on a weekend. Ugh

hornswaggled
05-14-2012, 9:46 PM
The only thing I don't like about p2k is they don't make their combat range available to civilians. I want to practice my fire from draw and fire and movement exercises dammit.

S470FM
05-14-2012, 10:00 PM
try South Bay Rod & Gun Club in Dulzura (off Marron Valley Rd). no riff raff or morons--staff is friendly and no silly ceasefires out of no where. rapid fire is allowed. $20/day or $70 a year.

Agent 0range
05-14-2012, 10:02 PM
I think you can say that any range is going to have "shady" shooters. The last time I was at P2k (my main range since I'm 5 minutes away), there were some clowns going dual handguns gangster style. While I don't think they were gansters, they were just stupid. A staffer immediately came over and told them that's it's not allowed.

At P2k, you get pro's and con's. Pro's, you can load off the line, shoot 30 round mags no problem, and pretty much anything else normally disallowed at other ranges, i.e. rapid fire, holster draws etc etc.

Con's, you get the occasional rif-raff. I shoot first thing in the morning. Things are chill and everyone is in a great mood. Would hate to come after 10am on a weekend. Ugh

Yep. That's my problem right there. Long work hours only allows me to shoot on weekends...the worst time to go! Unfortunately, this weekend will be my last desert trip until the fall, so I may have to utilize some indoor ranges for the next couple months. They just feel so restricting compared to BLM.:(

Agent 0range
05-14-2012, 10:04 PM
try South Bay Rod & Gun Club in Dulzura (off Marron Valley Rd). no riff raff or morons--staff is friendly and no silly ceasefires out of no where. rapid fire is allowed. $20/day or $70 a year.

I've heard a lot of good things about that place. I'll have to check it out!

pc_load_letter
05-15-2012, 8:10 AM
Actually, there have been a few Calguns meet-ups at P2k that used the outside range. The last one was for Veterans day I believe.

The only thing I don't like about p2k is they don't make their combat range available to civilians. I want to practice my fire from draw and fire and movement exercises dammit.

kris smith
05-15-2012, 8:54 AM
How do I get in on these meets

speedrrracer
05-15-2012, 9:26 AM

+1 !

pc_load_letter
05-15-2012, 9:09 PM
Go to "Calguns in your community">>"San Diego Chapter"

How do I get in on these meets

kris smith
05-16-2012, 6:02 AM
Thank you

guns4life
05-16-2012, 6:07 AM
I created(and pay monthly) for the shooting group meetup page in my sigline...nobody takes advantage of it and its 200 or so members. I keep paying, hoping it gets rolling, but with work and two small kids(1 month + 17 months) I'm not in a position to organize meets...but the option is there for anybody who'd like to use it.

pc_load_letter
05-16-2012, 3:20 PM
Thanks for doing that for the community!

I am bummed that you are paying for it out of your own pocket though. Why not just a facebook page or http://groupspaces.com/

While a SD Calguns meetup group sounds good, I could see where it would be problematic. Especially when so many ranges are crowded after work and on weekends.

For instance, I almost strictly shoot at 8am on Saturdays at P2k. Why? Because there are about four of us there. Not to many people like to get up at 8am on Saturday. Anyways, to go to P2k at 10am would almost certainly mean a 1 hour wait, especially for a large group using multiple lanes.

Anyways, I'm all for a meetup group shoot but at a time and place where I know I am going to get some shooting time.

I created(and pay monthly) for the shooting group meetup page in my sigline...nobody takes advantage of it and its 200 or so members. I keep paying, hoping it gets rolling, but with work and two small kids(1 month + 17 months) I'm not in a position to organize meets...but the option is there for anybody who'd like to use it.