PDA

View Full Version : Carrying concealed/loaded in front yard, with a twist

stevenorel
05-13-2012, 1:26 PM
Hey all,

I've searched the forums, but haven't found a clear answer to my situation.

Is it legal for me to carry concealed/loaded in the front yard of my house, which is publicly viewable and accessible? Here's the twist: I live directly across the street from an elementary school.

If this has already been answered, please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

-Steven

wildhawker
05-13-2012, 1:32 PM
No, it is not legal. Further, this isn't a unique inquiry or something that has been ambiguously answered.

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/FAQ#Can_I_carry_a_concealed_handgun_within_yard_or _property_without_a_concealed_carry_permit.3F

-Brandon

Tacobandit
05-13-2012, 2:30 PM
Put up a fence w a gate and u can

unusedusername
05-13-2012, 4:03 PM
It has to be not publically accessable for it to be legal.

Look at Wildhawker's link.

HighLander51
05-13-2012, 4:23 PM
Hey all,

I've searched the forums, but haven't found a clear answer to my situation.

Is it legal for me to carry concealed/loaded in the front yard of my house, which is publicly viewable and accessible? Here's the twist: I live directly across the street from an elementary school.

If this has already been answered, please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

-Steven

Let us know how it works for you.

jenericsig
05-13-2012, 6:36 PM
Start with Penal Code 626.9. I think you are ok to carry since you are on your private property; however no sidewalk and avoid open carry.

Generally you cannot carry within 1000 feet of a school. The exception is a residence within this zone.

wildhawker
05-13-2012, 7:27 PM
Start with Penal Code 626.9. I think you are ok to carry since you are on your private property; however no sidewalk and avoid open carry.

Generally you cannot carry within 1000 feet of a school. The exception is a residence within this zone.

:facepalm:

Did you not read anything after the OP?

Research before posting. Your advice could very easily send someone to jail and/or make them a prohibited person.

-Brandon

alfred1222
05-13-2012, 8:39 PM
:facepalm:

Did you not read anything after the OP?

Research before posting. Your advice could very easily send someone to jail and/or make them a prohibited person.

-Brandon

I agree, read some

johnny1290
05-14-2012, 12:53 AM
If you have a dream about a gun or read a gun magazine near a school without a permit you can be arrested.

Do everything by the book and read it twice to cya.

You are arrest bait near a school.