PDA

View Full Version : FS: Swiss K31 (San Diego, RB area)

joe4702
05-04-2007, 6:57 PM
SPF

Serial 232661. 1954 build date. Walnut stock (a bit uncommon - my understanding is most 1950s K31s are beech). All matching numbers, including handguard and stock. Tag under buttplate (also with matching serial# written on it). I'm going to call the metal finish 75% overall. The blue on the receiver is quite nice, but fairly worn on the muzzle and barrel bands.
No rust anywhere. Nice shiny bore with sharp lands as is typical with these rifles. Buttstock wear is about average - some "beaver chewing", but not awful. Small gouge near trigger guard. No cracks. Put a coupla boxes of GP11 through her last year at American Shooting Center - no problems. Was shooting offhand, so I didn't shoot for group (I suck with open sights anyway).

Cutting down on C&Rs. I have 2 K31s - one goes. Agonized a bit over which one to sell. This one has nicer bluing, but the stock on my other is a bit better.

Prefer FTF sale in San Diego area (no dealer transfer/waiting period/background check required). I have an 03 FFL, and will need to record your name and DL in my bound book. You do not need to be a CA resident. I live near Lake Hodges. Would prefer to meet at Turners (San Marcos or Clairemont) or American Shooting Center. Examing a rifle in the parking lot there is less like to scare the sheep. If it you want to test fire it (not in the parking lot!), thats fine, too. You supply the GP11 (no handloads). I can also come to your place if you're within say 20 minutes of Lake Hodges.

$170, cash only please.

See joe4702 on THR and Ebay for prior sales.

Thanks for looking.

Joe
joe4702@yahoo.com

joe4702
05-04-2007, 6:58 PM
Photo

joe4702
05-06-2007, 2:50 PM
Will ship to 01 or 03 FFL for an additional $15.00