PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Military Gun Permit?

Reba
05-13-2012, 7:55 AM
I would like to hunt quail in Baja.

I need a Mexican Military Gun Permit (shotguns)

Anyone ever do this?

Is it even possible now a days?

Intimid8tor
05-13-2012, 8:26 AM
Even with a permit I hear your are subject to confiscation. I wouldn't take any of my own guns or equipment. Maybe hire someone there that has the permits and equipment.

vantec08
05-13-2012, 8:28 AM
Even with a permit I hear your are subject to confiscation. I wouldn't take any of my own guns or equipment. Maybe hire someone there that has the permits and equipment.

I cant find the link, reba --- someone tried that near Yuma, was detained by mexican authorities while out hunting, it took some "mordida" to speed up the clearance.

whtl
05-13-2012, 8:36 AM
Make sure you come back with your HEAD!!!! They just found 49 headless bodys on the hwy. Last week about 14 the week before that about 23.

TheGr81Nose
05-13-2012, 9:05 AM
They did?? Says who? Jane Velez Mitchell?? Lmao

Sent from my iPhone 5000 using Tapatalk

moulton
05-13-2012, 9:37 AM
http://www.internationaladventure.com/gun-requirements.html
Mexico Gun Entry Requirements
Shotgun Import is easy. You will need to provide the necessary gun information on the same application as the hunting license ($100 for 2 guns) and allow about 3 weeks for the paperwork. Also register the guns with U.S. Customs as with any oversees trip....

ScottB
05-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Use a legitimate Mexican outfitter to handle the paperwork, permits, insurance, guides (mandatory), etc. Mexico is no place to try DIY when it comes to guns.

Paul S
05-13-2012, 10:46 AM
With the lawlessness currently rampant in Mexico why in the devil would you even THINK of going there for hunting. It'd be bad enough if you had family there and HAD to go.

Reba
05-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Thanks.

My gut is telling me, don't do it!

vantec08
05-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks.

My gut is telling me, don't do it!

atta way!

Jerry1949
05-14-2012, 10:25 AM
My other money pit hobby is motorcycles. With that being said, I love to participate in what's called the IRON BUTT RUNS. That is an event where an individual or group, ride their bikes long distances in a set amount of time. One such ride is border to border, Mexico to Canada and the ride must be completed in under 50 hours. The ride is very doable if you have a true IRON BUTT. But there is a hitch. You must cross over both borders and have proof of the crossing for the ride to be validated by the IRION BUTT organization.

I begged, offered bribes, promised them anything and everything if they would allow me to just drive to the Mexican border and have a notorized picture taken of me and my bike standing with a San Ysidro cop. They said no...... I declined the ride.

Going over that border for any reason is taking a huge risk, these days. Sad but too true. Come to Tulare county and hunt quail. :)

sd_fox_racer
05-14-2012, 11:14 AM
there is no reason for you to take your self or any weapon for that matter into mexico

tacticalcity
05-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Mexico is not the safest place to travel these days...

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Aqrzm8Gek3wa7699XxRQ1mabvZx4?p=Heads+f ound+in+Mexico&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701

alfred1222
05-14-2012, 11:19 AM
i think you should listen to your gut. if you want to go hunting, get situated with someone there. but for the love of God, BE CAREFUL