View Full Version : Live in Socal? Protect your gun rights!

05-11-2012, 11:31 PM
With the new congressional districts redrawn, California Congressional District 31 is at risk of being taken over by the Democrats. But incumbent Congressman Gary Miller is running but its a tight race and he needs all the help he can get. He is the ONLY member running for congress in that district that has received the endorsement of the NRA which I have put below. I am not being paid to do this nor was I asked to, I just want to see our gun rights protected and I know this guy will do it. Heres the NRA endorsement:

Miller earns top "A" rating from the NRA's 4 million members

(Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.) – The National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund has announced its support for Congressman Gary Miller for reelection to the 31st Congressional District. The decision was based on Congressman Miller’s solid and consistent 2nd Amendment support during the Southern California lawmaker’s 14 years as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives.

“Gary Miller has demonstrated unwavering support of the Second Amendment,” said Chris Cox, Chairman of the NRA Political Victory Fund in a letter addressed to Mr. Miller. “We urge our members, gun owners and sportsmen of California’s 31st Congressional District to vote for him in the upcoming June 5th Primary. We look forward to our continued relationship.”

“It is an honor to be recognized as a protector of the Constitution, particularly the 2nd Amendment,” said Rep. Miller. “As a sportsman and lifetime member of the NRA, I will continue our fight to protect the right to bear arms for recreational use and self defense. Today is an important step on our road to November.”

In its endorsement, the NRA highlighted two particular instances of Congressman’s Miller’s effectiveness in their endorsement. As a cosponsor of H.R. 822, “The National Right to Carry Reciprocity Act,” Mr. Miller supported “One of the most important pieces of pro-2nd Amendment rights legislation to come before Congress.” H.R. 822 would ensure law abiding Americans with a valid concealed handgun license would be able to carry their concealed firearm in any other state that does not prohibit concealed carry.

In addition, they noted that Congressmen Miller signed the historic brief before the U.S. Supreme Court in the District of Columbia v. Heller and the equally historic brief in McDonald v. City of Chicago.

Formed in 1871, the National Rifle Association is widely recognized as a major political force and as America’s largest defender of Second Amendment. The over 4 million member non-profit organization works to educate firearm safety and advocate individual rights to own and use firearms for recreational activities and self-defense.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 1, 2012 CONTACT: Chris Marsh 858-401-2244

For more on Congressman Gary Miller’s campaign for the 31st Congressional District, please visit www.garymillerforcongress.com

To see if your in CA 31 click here: http://wedrawthelines.ca.gov/downloa..._certified.pdfWith the new congressional districts redrawn, California Congressional District 31 is

05-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Most Gun Owners of CD31 are voting for GOP Senator Bob Dutton. He is a Benefactor Life Member of the NRA, Life Golden Bear Member of CRPA and a resident of CD31. Bob helped the NRA, CRPA, SCI and many others get many laws passed in Sacramento. In addition, Bob helped get Dan Richards appointed to the DFG Commission and then helped keep him there after the Idaho Mountain Lion dispute.
Bob attends most NRA events, shoots at the local ranges, is an active hunter, and protects our 2A rights weekly. We all know Bob Dutton.
The NRA always endorses "incumbent" Congressman, even though MILLER is NOT an incumbent in CD31. Mr. Miller is not a resident of CD31. He may be a good guy, but he is not the choice of the LOCAL voters of CD31.

Check out www.DuttonforCongress.com

NRA Life Benefactor Member
CRPA Member, SASS Member
Lifelong Shooter/Hunter
Resident of CD31 for over 30 years

05-14-2012, 1:25 PM
You make a valid argument, and I have no bad things to say about Bob Dutton, However, Bob Dutton's only experience is only as a State Senator, not a Congressman. Gary Miller has been a Congressman for 12 years and has the status to vote on the issues he wants without having to deal without side pressure. Bob Dutton is gonna be the new kid on the block and will have to make all new connections and owe many favors being the new guy on the block. Congressman Miller is already well established with a good staff... it will take Dutton his entire first term just to get his assimilated to the new way of business..

Additionally, although this is a departure from the discussion on our 2A rights.... Congressman Miller sits on the House Financial Services Committee as well as the Transportation and Infrastructure committee, that being so... Hes the only one right now (yes in my opinion) that has the key seats in Congress to help bring the California economy back.

05-19-2012, 5:43 PM
Miller has moved to this District (CD31) without any LOCAL support. There is always need for change (except Obama's change). Miller has a whole lot of baggage chasing him around (IRS,FBI,TARP,etc..) Just what we don't need. We need a fresh new look at things. What is going on now is not working ! Maybe Miller's staff can go to work for Bob Dutton ??? Just saying.... Miller got the rubber stamp national endorsements because he is currently a Congressman, an "incumbent" of another district. He is throwing a lot of money at this primary since he has NO LOCAL name recognition and sees that he is losing this one. His own polls are telling him that ! Sorry, just the truth !

05-24-2012, 12:34 AM
I know what baggage you say he has chasing him around, but the fact of the matter is every case that has been investigated about him has resulted in 0 charges being filed, not to mention those things are from 10 years ago and he was found not guilty of any wrong doing.