PDA

View Full Version : Can i carry at work? Family member home?

Romprunner
05-11-2012, 12:33 PM
I have two questions about concealed/open carry.

Q-1: Can i open carry, or concealed carry at my place of business. My fathers leasing the building, he owns the business. i am an employee. (Riverside County)

Q-2: Part - A:
A friend and I are house sitting his brothers home in Chino Hills, Ca.
Can we legally open carry, Concealed carry in his home for defense?

2: part b:
Do the same basic principals regarding self defense apply if I Can legally carry guns in his home? Ex: Using a firearm because of Fear of great bodily harm or death

There have been a lot of break ins lately in his neighborhood which is the reason for us house-sitting and watching his dogs.

clutchy
05-11-2012, 12:42 PM
open carry as I understand it; a front yard is considered public area unless it is completely fenced. Backyard is fine as well as in the home.

as far as place of business I don't believe there is any issue as long as you have the consent of the owner. I would also be careful regarding "public" areas similar to a home with open carry.

this is based on my limited knowledge... someone will be along with authoritative info.

Romprunner
05-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Thanks for you're input Clutchy.

Neil McCauley
05-11-2012, 12:59 PM
I don't see why not, just keep inside in both instances. Bringing a gun into your dads business shouldn't really have anything to do with the landlord. It's not their business, nor is it in the lease agreement. I don't really carry at work, i just put it in my drawer and hope I have enough time to grab it if something happens. Hell in this state, I'm just happy to even be able to have a gun at work.

Librarian
05-11-2012, 1:34 PM
I have two questions about concealed/open carry.

Q-1: Can i open carry, or concealed carry at my place of business. My fathers leasing the building, he owns the business. i am an employee. (Riverside County)

Q-2: Part - A:
A friend and I are house sitting his brothers home in Chino Hills, Ca.
Can we legally open carry, Concealed carry in his home for defense?

2: part b:
Do the same basic principals regarding self defense apply if I Can legally carry guns in his home? Ex: Using a firearm because of Fear of great bodily harm or death

There have been a lot of break ins lately in his neighborhood which is the reason for us house-sitting and watching his dogs.

1) Open; your father can concealed carry, but employees need LTC. Must disarm if you go outside the building, even to take out the trash. Must transport to and from as usual: unloaded in a locked container. If you consult your lawyer, have him look at the wiki link below, then do as s/he advises.

2 A) open or concealed is fine in your place of residence, even a temporary residence.

2 B) yes. (Why would you think not? I realize this is California, but ...)

See the wiki -- http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Unlicensed_Concealed_Carry

paul0660
05-11-2012, 1:39 PM
but employees need LTC.

To carry; they can "have" guns.

Not the epitome of well written law.