PDA

View Full Version : Calguns Member's Only Special- 05-11-2012

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-11-2012, 9:49 AM
RIA 1911's this week for $399.98!

Starts: Fri- May 11th
Ends: Thu- May 17th

Calguns.net members only; coupon must be presented at time of sale.
Click on the link for the coupon.

Calguns.net Member's Only Special 05-11-2012 (http://www.turners.com/calguns/calgunspromo.php?code=vfilom5svi)

http://www.turners.com/calguns/images/calguns_promo-vfilom5svi.gif

seainc
05-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Any chances in 9mm? Thanks

40SWGlock
05-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Any chance of a deal on the .38 super polished nickel finish? I think that one is California legal.
Or the tactical .45.
Thanks

eluna3693
05-11-2012, 1:28 PM
do you have a large stock of these because I wont be able to show up to buy mine up till may 16th due to college Finals.

boxcutter3005
05-11-2012, 2:36 PM

9mm is not on roster

mopeddog
05-11-2012, 2:40 PM
do you have a large stock of these because I wont be able to show up to buy mine up till may 16th due to college Finals.

Went to the Signal Hill location, they only had two in the store. A kind man looked up the warehouse inventory and they have a bunch. Now go study.

Brandon04GT
05-11-2012, 2:44 PM
I KNEW IT!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!!

RIGHT AFTER I JUST BOUGHT MYSELF A 1911 A FEW DAYS AGO!!!!

Someone talk me out of going to Turners right now and purchasing one and drosing it a month later...

mopeddog
05-11-2012, 2:50 PM
I KNEW IT!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!!

RIGHT AFTER I JUST BOUGHT MYSELF A 1911 A FEW DAYS AGO!!!!

Someone talk me out of going to Turners right now and purchasing one and drosing it a month later...

I believe June is National Dual Weild your .45s Month so your timing is perfect.

puropuro
05-11-2012, 2:56 PM
Awe man....this is one of those "might have to get since it's so cheap" deals!!!
I mean... really, can one ever have too many 1911's? :)

dedub
05-11-2012, 5:46 PM
I believe June is National Dual Weild your .45s Month so your timing is perfect.

http://www.swotti.com/tmp/swotti/cacheDHJHAW5PBMCGZGF5RW50ZXJ0YWLUBWVUDC1NB3ZPZXM=/imgtraining%20day2.jpg

Plus, if you've got two 1911's, King Kong won't have anything on you...

eluna3693
05-11-2012, 6:10 PM
Went to the Signal Hill location, they only had two in the store. A kind man looked up the warehouse inventory and they have a bunch. Now go study.

nice nice. thanks for the information now im going to crawl back in to my cave and study for a couple days straight

Ricky-Ray
05-12-2012, 2:16 PM
Even if they don't have any in stock or in the warehouse as long as you put a deposit on it by at least the last day of the special you will still get the sale price on the gun whenever stock becomes available.

I might have to stop in there later this week myself. :)

turbineinfo
05-13-2012, 1:13 PM
May I ask about the warranty of the M1911.....?
Is this a 'lifetime' parts and labor (Assuming no abuse)

Yugo
05-13-2012, 1:16 PM
how much deposit would be enough?

Distro
05-13-2012, 2:09 PM
how much deposit would be enough?

Rough estimate like $140.

$399 Pistol
~$34 tax
$25 DROS
$5 Handling Fee
= ~$463
*.30= ~$138

hooked on glock
05-13-2012, 8:28 PM
put one on hold while i ride out that horrible 30 day wait ..... since i picked up my issc m22 on thursday and i left a deposit on sat ....

hooked on glock
05-13-2012, 8:29 PM
Rough estimate like $140.

$399 Pistol
~$34 tax
$25 DROS
$5 Handling Fee
= ~$463
*.30= ~$138

dont forget the lock , so its more like $142 ....

Tee Why
05-13-2012, 11:08 PM
May I ask about the warranty of the M1911.....?
Is this a 'lifetime' parts and labor (Assuming no abuse)

I believe armscor usa, which is the US distributor has a lifetime warranty on their guns.

I don't like the huge bill board roll marks on the left side of the slide, but otherwise the price is so good, I'd get one myself, if it wasn't for the huge roll marks.
As others say, can't have too many 1911's.

SemperFlexibus
05-14-2012, 8:24 AM
dont forget the lock , so its more like $142 ....

a new handgun that does not come with a lock from manufacturer??

Hakoomay
05-14-2012, 11:14 AM
the gun lock that comes with the firearm is not considered as a gunlock that must be purchased (with proof of purchase like a receipt) within 30 days of starting the dros.

basically if the gun comes with or without a gunlock, you still have to have a dated receipt (within 30 days of dros) of a gun lock.

Is this right because from all the times i have bought firearms this is what the dealers tell me...

Hakoomay
05-14-2012, 11:16 AM
http://www.turners.com/engage/faq.php#6

Brandon04GT
05-14-2012, 11:35 AM
the gun lock that comes with the firearm is not considered as a gunlock that must be purchased (with proof of purchase like a receipt) within 30 days of starting the dros.

basically if the gun comes with or without a gunlock, you still have to have a dated receipt (within 30 days of dros) of a gun lock.

Is this right because from all the times i have bought firearms this is what the dealers tell me...

wrong

g21
05-14-2012, 2:20 PM
Just went and bought one for the wife at the rancho store, I called around none of the other stores could come close on price. the rancho store was great, friendly, knwoledgeable, and best of all it took like ten min total.

gr8dragon88
05-14-2012, 7:08 PM
Just went and bought one for the wife at the rancho store, I called around none of the other stores could come close on price. the rancho store was great, friendly, knwoledgeable, and best of all it took like ten min total.

cool, did Turner's make you buy a lock for the pistol?

hooked on glock
05-14-2012, 9:15 PM

^ I left a deposit on one on sat. looked at my receipt and they added a lock ...

beemaze
05-14-2012, 10:25 PM

Incorrect.

Per Federal Law, a gunlock must be "provided" by the dealer at the time of transfer. And I quote: “any licensed importer, manufacturer, or dealer to sell, deliver, or transfer any handgun to any person, other than another licensee, unless the transferee (buyer) is provided with a secure gun storage or safety device for that handgun.”

Per California Law, a CA DOJ approved firearm safety device must accompany the firearm (handgun or rifle) with the following exceptions:

"Persons who can demonstrate the purchase of a DOJ-approved safety device in the 30 days prior to taking possession of the firearm by presenting the device to the firearms dealer and providing the firearms dealer with a receipt showing the purchase date and model name of the device.

The commerce of any firearm defined as an "antique firearm" pursuant to federal law.

The commerce of any firearm intended to be used by a salaried, full-time peace officer for law enforcement purposes.

Transfers of firearms to persons who demonstrate ownership of a qualifying gun safe. Ownership may be demonstrated by displaying to the firearms dealer: 1) A receipt indicating purchase of, or an affidavit, signed under penalty of perjury, stating that the purchaser owns a gun safe, and 2) An affidavit, signed under penalty of perjury, stating that the gun safe meets the standards set forth in DOJ regulations."

Since Turner's can't give away gun locks for free to satisfy Federal Law, they charge you for one. A safe affidavit will satisfy California Law.

However, I have seen many a dealer indicate on the DROS what make and model gunlock they provide with a handgun. This does not make sense, since the DROS is a CA State document and a Safe Affidavit should be OK. Also, many handguns such as Smith and Wesson, Springfield Armory come with CA approved integral locking systems built into the gun itself - these will also satisfy the CA requirement and in my opinion should satisfy the Federal law, which is vaguely worded, and so far has not been interpreted into plain and simple English.

jpham96
05-15-2012, 12:10 AM
i just went in and dros'd myself one today at the FV store. 10 days and counting =D

EJB
05-15-2012, 12:13 AM
today i just purchased a Ruger 10-22 takedown and started my 10 day wait, would i be able to put a deposit on the RIA 1911 to secure the price while i wait for my Ruger's 10 day wait?

Ricky-Ray
05-15-2012, 12:34 AM
today i just purchased a Ruger 10-22 takedown and started my 10 day wait, would i be able to put a deposit on the RIA 1911 to secure the price while i wait for my Ruger's 10 day wait?

You can buy it and DROS it now. Long gun DROS is different from handgun DROS. There is no wait on DROS with long gun, you could DROS a long gun everyday if you wanted, whereas with handguns your allowed 1 every 30 day's.

EJB
05-15-2012, 1:01 AM
You can buy it and DROS it now. Long gun DROS is different from handgun DROS. There is no wait on DROS with long gun, you could DROS a long gun everyday if you wanted, whereas with handguns your allowed 1 every 30 day's.

Nice! Thanks for the response, looks like i'll be headed to turners tomorrow

SemperFlexibus
05-15-2012, 8:28 AM
Incorrect.

Per Federal Law, a gunlock must be "provided" by the dealer at the time of transfer. And I quote: “any licensed importer, manufacturer, or dealer to sell, deliver, or transfer any handgun to any person, other than another licensee, unless the transferee (buyer) is provided with a secure gun storage or safety device for that handgun.”

Per California Law, a CA DOJ approved firearm safety device must accompany the firearm (handgun or rifle) with the following exceptions:

"Persons who can demonstrate the purchase of a DOJ-approved safety device in the 30 days prior to taking possession of the firearm by presenting the device to the firearms dealer and providing the firearms dealer with a receipt showing the purchase date and model name of the device.

The commerce of any firearm defined as an "antique firearm" pursuant to federal law.

The commerce of any firearm intended to be used by a salaried, full-time peace officer for law enforcement purposes.

Transfers of firearms to persons who demonstrate ownership of a qualifying gun safe. Ownership may be demonstrated by displaying to the firearms dealer: 1) A receipt indicating purchase of, or an affidavit, signed under penalty of perjury, stating that the purchaser owns a gun safe, and 2) An affidavit, signed under penalty of perjury, stating that the gun safe meets the standards set forth in DOJ regulations."

Since Turner's can't give away gun locks for free to satisfy Federal Law, they charge you for one. A safe affidavit will satisfy California Law.

However, I have seen many a dealer indicate on the DROS what make and model gunlock they provide with a handgun. This does not make sense, since the DROS is a CA State document and a Safe Affidavit should be OK. Also, many handguns such as Smith and Wesson, Springfield Armory come with CA approved integral locking systems built into the gun itself - these will also satisfy the CA requirement and in my opinion should satisfy the Federal law, which is vaguely worded, and so far has not been interpreted into plain and simple English.

This is probably one of the most frequent discussed topic on CG forums.

Here's the last one on Turner's forum if anyone wants to read further:

http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=564380

g21
05-15-2012, 8:30 AM

yep it was $5.99. my total deposit was 140.39.

SemperFlexibus
05-15-2012, 8:39 AM

wow, interesting that armscor does not include a CA approved lock with their pistol...

savage even include a lock with their inexpensive $120.00 .22lr rifles.

SemperFlexibus
05-15-2012, 8:46 AM

For new/used or dealer sales, there's a limit of 1 hand gun DROS every 30 calendar days.

There's no DROS limit for long guns or private party transfer hand guns. You can DROS as many as you want, except if you DROS a hand gun within LA city limits then the 1 in 30 rule applies regardless of new/used or private party sales.

hooked on glock
05-15-2012, 8:47 AM

my otd price was $471.93 , so the deposit came out to $141.57 , so i guess it depends on the city tax also ......

witch was

$399.98 gun
$5.99 lock
$30 dros
$35.96 tax

Low Light
05-15-2012, 11:02 AM
http://www.swotti.com/tmp/swotti/cacheDHJHAW5PBMCGZGF5RW50ZXJ0YWLUBWVUDC1NB3ZPZXM=/imgtraining%20day2.jpg

Plus, if you've got two 1911's, King Kong won't have anything on you...

"Yeah motherf___er!"

Those are Smith 4506's that wack-job is wielding. I would gladly take two for $399 - even one for that matter.

xoutxkastx
05-15-2012, 10:08 PM

I know turners charges for a lock for every firearm purchase. But they always charge $0.01? Has this changed?

gr8dragon88
05-15-2012, 11:21 PM
I know turners charges for a lock for every firearm purchase. But they always charge $0.01? Has this changed?

those days are long gone, at least for a couple years...

hooked on glock
05-16-2012, 10:33 AM
How about a good sale on .45 and 10mm ammo now ....

joe_gman
05-16-2012, 2:27 PM
Just purchased a long gun in Reseda and was only charged $0.01 for the lock. Same thing with a long gun I purchased there a few months ago. Not thrilled about the handling fee since that should be incorporated into the sale price of the gun.

Brandon04GT
05-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Just purchased a long gun in Reseda and was only charged $0.01 for the lock. Same thing with a long gun I purchased there a few months ago. Not thrilled about the handling fee since that should be incorporated into the sale price of the gun.

Well then just think of it as you paying $404.98 + DROS & tax then lol

mopeddog
05-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Will Turner's accept a lock and receipt that was bought somewhere else?

Brandon04GT
05-17-2012, 3:30 PM

Yes...as long as the lock is DOJ approved and the receipt shows that has been purchased within the last 30 days. However I thought the RIA 1911's came with locks?

Hakoomay
05-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Yes...as long as the lock is DOJ approved and the receipt shows that has been purchased within the last 30 days. However I thought the RIA 1911's came with locks?

I just put one on layaway and the guy at the corona store said they dont... they had a lock for 5.99 so it wasnt bad...

IF someone knows for a fact that the RIA comes with a gun lock please tell me as i can use the $6 for ammo! LOL

turbineinfo
05-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Seems that many arms manufacturers provide their own locks, I wonder what Turners does with all of them?

Scratch705
05-17-2012, 10:25 PM
if it is a new gun, they keep it with the gun. i bought a rifle from Turners and it came with a cable lock and i didn't have to buy any lock.

the RIA seems to not have an included lock with the gun. hence the lock charge.

eluna3693
05-18-2012, 12:38 AM
Just put mine in jail yesterday from the Signal hill store but i did not get charged for the lock and the guy at the counter said that the RIAs dont come with locks. 465$ OTD. and im finally done with finals!:43: But holy hell 10 days......10 whole days?!?!....:(

SemperFlexibus
05-18-2012, 8:23 AM
Seems that many arms manufacturers provide their own locks, I wonder what Turners does with all of them?

the lock must be CA approved, otherwise it can't be delivered with the firearm.. :(

SemperFlexibus
05-18-2012, 8:28 AM

they do. you'll need to show the CA approved lock and receipt at the time of purchase and it must be within 30 days when you start the DROS process.

the receipt cannot have a firearm listed along with the lock...

SemperFlexibus
05-18-2012, 8:37 AM
Just put mine in jail yesterday from the Signal hill store but i did not get charged for the lock and the guy at the counter said that the RIAs dont come with locks. 465$ OTD. and im finally done with finals!:43: But holy hell 10 days......10 whole days?!?!....:(

Used to be one day for handguns beginning in 1923, then increased from one to three days in 1955, to five days in 1965, to 15 days in 1975 and 10 days from AB 671, effective April 1, 1997.

JaeFern
05-18-2012, 8:50 AM
I cant believe i missed this... :*(

-Jae from my Photon 4G

Hakoomay
05-18-2012, 12:11 PM

-Jae from my Photon 4G

Go and print the ad and go to a store and ask them if they can get the deal in... Sometimes they are nice about it and the worst that they can tell you is no.

try it out, its a good deal imho..

Tee Why
05-24-2012, 1:27 PM
I see for the 5/25/12-5/31/12 sale, that the RIA 1911 GI is back on sale.
Any chance of extending this coupon for the RIA 1911? and also including the Compact size version (which I'm looking to buy)?

Thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-25-2012, 12:32 PM

Any chance of a deal on the .38 super polished nickel finish? I think that one is California legal.
Or the tactical .45.
Thanks

Unfortunately, we don't have enough stock on anything but the .45 this time around.

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-25-2012, 12:38 PM

If a gun comes with an approved lock, OEM in the box, there is no need to buy another lock- we just note "OEM" that it was included with the gun.

If the lock provided by the manufacturer is NOT CA approved, we have no choice but to remove the lock since the law mandating locks prevents a dealer from selling/transferring an "un-approved" lock.

A lot (but not all, luckily) import and or price-point firearms come with un-approved locks or with no lock at all.

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-25-2012, 1:20 PM

If the lock is an approved lock, it is delivered with the gun. If the lock is not approved we can't deliver it. It depends on the lock but most are disposed of.

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-25-2012, 1:23 PM
Used to be one day for handguns beginning in 1923, then increased from one to three days in 1955, to five days in 1965, to 15 days in 1975 and 10 days from AB 671, effective April 1, 1997.

And don't forget that in the paper DROS-era there was a period of time where the wait was 21 days on handguns since DOJ claimed that they couldn't rely on USPS to get them DROS's within the waiting period.

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-25-2012, 1:23 PM

-Jae from my Photon 4G

PM Sent!

hooked on glock
05-31-2012, 3:42 PM
Just got back from turners Norwalk and started my dros on my RIA 1911 , i will be going to the Raahauges sports fair to get some mags , ammo , and some nices grips , even getting me a know toy since you guys (CGN) were kind enough to give me a $20 coupon ....