PDA

View Full Version : Could use some quick advice

Dead*Reckoned
05-10-2012, 5:17 PM
I'm stopped here in Phoenix to visit a friend for a little while and get ready to make my trip back into California for the first time in about six months.. anyways I was in the process of converting all my weapons back to California legal and just stumbled across an astonishing revelation, I seem to have misplaced my bullet button for my AR.

I'm hoping that as long as it is completely broken down I shouldn't run afoul of any laws, but in the event I do get searched anywhere in California is there any quick things I can do to make sure I don't spend the night in jail, other than taking it down and locking it up?
Thanks!

hawk1
05-10-2012, 5:25 PM
As you know anything is possible once you cross the border.
How about leaving it at your friends place until you can properly equip the rifle?

Casual_Shooter
05-10-2012, 5:37 PM
disassemble the lower...:shrug:

jj805
05-10-2012, 5:43 PM
Remove the pistol grip.

alfred1222
05-10-2012, 5:44 PM
I would spree ate the upper from the lower,and just not have any type of mag release in the Lower. Just leave it open. When you're home, put a BB in and you're GTG

jaymz
Strip the lower.

stix213
While it is arguable that once you remove the upper it is no longer a centerfire semi-auto rifle, seeing both of them in the car where if connected would make an illegal AW will not pass a sniff test.

If I were in this situation I would just drop my CMMG .22 conversion bolt in, if you have one or any of your friends do, then do that.

You could also rush order a bullet button with next day air shipping.

stix213
05-10-2012, 5:45 PM
Remove the pistol grip.

He'd have to do more than that likely.

He'd have to get rid of forward vertical grip, collapsible stock, flash hider, etc

Ding126
05-10-2012, 5:46 PM
have a friend send one..via priority mail...be there in 2 days.

Carnivore
05-10-2012, 5:51 PM
Pull out the mag release and run to the hardware store and buy bolt with a nyloc nut and run it though the mag release. This way you need a tool to put in a mag and if asked it is single shot. This is how it was done before the bullet button.

Dead*Reckoned
05-10-2012, 5:57 PM
I'm already driiving out of Phoenix, I'm going to stop on the border and strip the lower as best I can as well as hide the bolt and her some food so I've still got a little bit before I cross. Also just checking thata golf ball launcher is not illegal to posses so long as it is not attached on the rifle, correct?