PDA

View Full Version : NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrina

tonb
05-03-2007, 4:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4

Might be a repost, my bad if it is. But damn that makes you sick. Watch what they do to that little old lady.

FreedomIsNotFree
05-03-2007, 4:22 PM
This video is so old its been around since BEFORE Katrina....haha.

Solidsnake87
05-03-2007, 6:40 PM
Thats bull****. Why the heck were police hassling law abiding citizen? Why the hell were they pointing guns threateningly at law abiding citizens????? I certainly hope that the cops that destroyed those rifles were brought up on charges. Did the NRA do anything about this??

.50DE
05-03-2007, 7:22 PM
Just goes to show you that the powers that be can do what ever they want. The same things can, and at some point will happen here for some reason or another, with the same results. No one will be able to resist. there will be no uprising. We will be disarmed and put to heel just like they were after Katrina.

zenthemighty
05-03-2007, 7:34 PM
Just incase you didn't notice, that was a CHP officer in that Video.... Commiefornia forever!

Rob454
05-03-2007, 9:24 PM
So many cops today are on power trips because of a gun and a badge.
Rob

Directshot
05-03-2007, 9:28 PM
New Orleans cops were upset that citizens with guns were slowing them down from cleaning out the Wal Mart........

frommycolddeadhands
05-03-2007, 10:18 PM
We will be disarmed and put to heel just like they were after Katrina.

I am sorry to inform you, but you've already been disarmed, it's not just a matter of time before they come and take'em. and nobody will resist, maybe complain a little on the internet about it.

frommycolddeadhands
05-03-2007, 10:25 PM
So many cops today are on power trips because of a gun and a badge.

see, the system is setup in such a way that "serve and protect" is there for a show. think about it: how does police force deter crime? how often do you hear of cops stopping a crime from happening? of course there's the argument of keeping the crooks in check and not allowing for the mayhem which is absolute bs. remove police and arm people and things will run just fine, always has. police throughout history, in all cultures and times, been there to suppress people and protect the state.

that doesn't take a lot of brain to figure out, as far as i am concerned, i just stated the obvious, so when someone signs up for the job, he or she voluntarily signs for a job that oppresses people, so why be surprised that they were acting the way they were. do you think it would've been different here in CA, especially knowing that people are so afraid of the state, unfamiliar with history and constitution, there would be no resistance at all.

.50DE
05-03-2007, 11:36 PM
I am sorry to inform you, but you've already been disarmed, it's not just a matter of time before they come and take'em. and nobody will resist, maybe complain a little on the internet about it.

Its all a mute point. The masses give there rights away daily with out even knowing about it, much less careing. Those of us that are concerned are the minority, by a huge margin

mcubed4130
05-03-2007, 11:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4

Might be a repost, my bad if it is. But damn that makes you sick. Watch what they do to that little old lady.

All my friends have been into guns for years... I didn't have anything against them... just didn't feel the need to spend $$ to buy my own... I was content to toss $$ or buy whatever (ammo/mags/broken part/etc) - to use in my buddies guns.

When I heard about Katrina... I heard about the cops - looting Walmart... I heard about the chaos in the streets... I heard about the rescue helicopters being shot at by looters who thought they were police...

Then months later, I found the original archived local news archives of this old lady...

It got me mad. Very mad. I did a bunch more searching on the net... and found... how the local PD and National Guard were used to disarm law abiding citizens... I eventually found...

http://www.givethemback.com/ Which was put out by the NRA.

I joined as a lifetime member, and made my wife into a 1 year member. Overnight, I went from "goofing off with the guys with guns on rare occasions" to... Instant gun rights advocate.

As I will never allow my family - to sit like targets - for the ghouls that would loot, kill, or harm my family... in the wake of any SHTF type situation.

For me... Katrina is what woke me up, and made me prepare for the time, when dialing 911 doesn't work.

-M3

frommycolddeadhands
05-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Its all a mute point. The masses give there rights away daily with out even knowing about it, much less careing. Those of us that are concerned are the minority, by a huge margin

i wouldn't be so haste with dismissing everyone as not caring. a lot of people are disappointed and distrustful, and again, besides CA and the east coast -- there's real America somewhere there in between. people are becoming more interested and aware and pissed off. we'll see what it leads to in the next decade or so. there's a slight chance things will level out.

for CA -- you're right, it's a goner, there's no going back without something radical happening here.

SkyStorm82
05-04-2007, 12:22 AM
... so when someone signs up for the job, he or she voluntarily signs for a job that oppresses people...

Blah blah blah anti-LEO blah blah blah.

This thread was about the wrongs committed during Katrina. Seems you like like to attack the LE profession as a whole.

frommycolddeadhands
05-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Blah blah blah anti-LEO blah blah blah.

This thread was about the wrongs committed during Katrina. Seems you like like to attack the LE profession as a whole.

truth hurts doesn't it? and i love your structured logical argument too, not that i would expect anything more from those who like to crack the whip at anyone with a different opinion. again, do agree or don't, but history has a tendency to repeat itself and so far all vectors point south.

frommycolddeadhands
05-04-2007, 12:35 AM

oh yeah, the thread did start about the wrongs committed during katrina, by LEOs.

.50DE
05-04-2007, 1:02 AM
Its not fair to cubbyhole all LEO's in that manner. I myself have several that feel as I, and the rest of us do. No dought there are many more, but as a whole I truely feel there are not enough to make a diffrence. I agree that there may be hope for the rest of the contry, but unless there is a huge shift in the idiology that drives and molds our pollitiains in this state, than the trend will continue. When I say trend I mean our small pro gun victories, and the often sweeping and large scale legislation that seems to crop up at regular intervals. Though weapons have not yet been banned outright, each new law or act compounds the last, a means to an end. Less ammo carried by a weapon. Less auto loading weapons. Only so called safe weapons allowed. the short of it being that we only have what they decide to let us have, and that list will get shorter and shorter on an incrimental basis. I'm sure the day will come when round ups begin, I just pray to god that I am not alive to see it, though I fear I will be. It may only take one more nast event to happen, for the elite class in the capitol, or the mayors of citys to cite us as a danger to the public or what ever spin title that can use to make what they are doing seem right to the masses. Happend after Katrina, as we all know, and we all know how badly lawfull gun owners are viewed by the state * when I say state I mean the powers that be*, so it may not to an event on that large a scale to make this very very bad for ppl here in Ca.

this is depressing isnt it?

SkyStorm82
05-04-2007, 1:04 AM
What truth would that be? The truth that my fellow shooters now hate me for the simple fact that I'm a cop. ehhhh, the truth hurts less with each new day. I'll eventually be numb to it.

Whatever....you never would have seen me confiscating guns during Katrina. I swore an oath to the constitution and my understanding of the 2nd is the same as every other normal person here.

I joined to put bad people in jail. Gangsters, robbers, thieves, burglarers, rapists, child molesters, con artists...etc. Oppression??? I guess if you want to call it that. Gun owners aren't even on my radar. I'm one of you...I just carry a gun and badge to work.

But...it's not that I would expect anything more from those who like to crack the whip at all the evil LEO's.

frommycolddeadhands
05-04-2007, 2:14 AM
SkyStorm82:

good for you. i still don't trust you :) besides, i'll crack my whip any way i want to 'cause when on duty you're a public servant, right? why then so many people are so nervous around cops? you work in the system, you should know better that no matter how good of intentions the system is going to flip it. anyways, it's late, it's a long subject but i have to work tomorrow therefore -- adios until the next time.

.50DE
05-04-2007, 2:43 AM
I welcome any LEO into the fold with open arms and a warm heart, because we all stand together, or well will hang seperatly, and as we all know, we need all the friends that we can get.

mikehaas
05-04-2007, 9:53 AM
Did the NRA do anything about this?

Did they! NRA immediately went to N.O. and held meetings with those who had guns confiscated. They filed suit in federal court to force confiscation to stop and have the guns returned. When N.O. ignored the order, NRA went to court AGAIN and had a stronger order issued.

Finally the confisdcations stopped and what guns could be found (many were lost) were returned. But NRA's work had just begun.

They next came up with a plan to have every mayor and governor in the country sign a pledge they will never confiscate legally-owned guns in an emergency. That puts them on record.

At this time, they are persuing legislation in every state legislature and at the federal level to make confiscating legally owned guns during an emergency a felony. Our bill in CA is AB 1645. (And things are progressing nicely with the bill, NRA does not need help with it currently.)

At the 2006 Annual Meerting, they released this video. Wayne promised "NEVER AGAIN!", and that has become NRA's rallying cry.

(Hmmm... I wonder what GOA has done about this... besides critisize NRA, of course. Does anyone know? Anything? Do tney ever do anything but critisize NRA?)

BTW, that LEO that took down the little old lady were California CHPs. Even in Katrina, states away, California generates its own bucket of shame.

Mike

mikehaas
05-04-2007, 10:08 AM
What truth would that be? The truth that my fellow shooters now hate me for the simple fact that I'm a cop... Whatever....you never would have seen me confiscating guns during Katrina.
Only kudos from me. NRA is very supportive of LEO's like yourself - and that's most front-line LEO's is my understanding. NRA was started in 1871 largely to provide formal firearms training to LEOs (there was zero back then), so the association of NRA and LEOs is long and strong. Former NRA President and now General Operations Manager Kayne Robinson is a retired Assistant Police Chief from Des Moines, IA...
http://nrawinningteam.com/bios99/robinson.html

This survey years ago told me most cops are solid on the 2a...
http://nrawinningteam.com/awsurvey.html

I particularly appreciate you being public about your 2A support and wish more men in blue would, but understand the risks to employment when police chiefs and even now sheriffs end up tools for the antis.

Mike

bwiese
05-04-2007, 10:10 AM
BTW, that LEO that took down the little old lady were California CHPs. Even in Katrina, states away, California generates its own bucket of shame.

Does anyone have the name/general location of that CHP officer?

We need to ensure he always lives in shame.

mikehaas
05-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Does anyone have the name/general location of that CHP officer?

We need to ensure he always lives in shame.
Don't know, but suggest that whatever one might post/write/publish about this behavior, this incident should always be contrasted with that of those officers who would not react with violence to an elderly, frail old lady simply holding a pistol, especially around the cylinder! (Can you imagine - intentionally not holding it by the pistol grip? It's like she pulled out a grenade!)

We've had one officer state here that he wouldn't confiscate guns - he and those like him should be supported and reinforced. I bet they do some damn good work and use their "discretion" wisely. I've been pulled over for being stupid in my driving - on the way back from the range and had several gun cases and accessories in the bed of a pickup. Motorcycle CHP. I was in the wrong, explained that I understood my mistake and promised not to do it again (I wonder how many times he'd heard that - IN THAT DAY??) Anyway, he let me go with a verbal warning. Never even mentioned the guns. It's not the only time a LEO was probably more "fair" than his job said he should have been (I should have gotten a ticket.)

Contrast the bad with the good, makes for a more powerful message! (and hopefully doesn't cause good LEOs to feel attacked too)

Mike

thomye
05-04-2007, 1:03 PM
are there any LEO's here that would do this to good Americans? I mean suppose we had an earthquake and you captain/chief told you to do the same thing. Would you speak up against the commanding officer or would you take the guns away?

I understand the intent, but a bad buy wouldn't tell you he had a gun while evyerone in the video complied and said they did.

Would you do it? someone should start a poll on this. i'd be curious to know.

Bizcuits
05-05-2007, 7:46 AM
remove police and arm people and things will run just fine, always has. police throughout history, in all cultures and times, been there to suppress people and protect the state.

Perhaps you should move to Somalia, you can own any firearms you want, you can also sleep freely knowing there is no law enforcement. Although you do have a lot of gang violence, although they call them warlords.