PDA

View Full Version : Now that the Kushnapup conversions are shipping

daveinwoodland
05-10-2012, 12:23 PM
It's a race to see who will post details and pictures first.

Let's hear how it went and if you're happy with the specifics, quality, trigger, etc.

I know with my luck mine will be on a wagon train from Utah so I'll be happy to see others likely before mine even arrives.

Quiet
05-11-2012, 5:00 AM
grammaton76 has already put his together and has a wiki on how to do it, troubleshooting info and pics.

http://gunwiki.net/Gunwiki/ProcInstallKushnapupSaiga

daveinwoodland
05-11-2012, 9:38 AM
Great!! Thank you Quiet. I just finished reading the wiki post and grammation76 did an amazing job of covering gotchas during installation. Definitely required reading before you attempt to do the conversion and a great guide to have next yo you when you do do it. I can see where a build party would be advantagous due to all the nuiances of the conversion.

grammaton76
05-11-2012, 11:00 AM
As noted, I've got mine together and really like it. I also learned, thanks to an astute reader, that I had part of the assembly backwards, which is why the bolt on the trigger actuator was trying to scrape on the inside of the stock. I'll be correcting that and posting some updated pictures tonight (as well as adding that to the potential gotcha's).

...oh yeah, and first pic. :)
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149304&d=1336713101

TZL
05-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Bummer, too bad I'm a lefty

daveinwoodland
05-11-2012, 3:41 PM
Kudos to grammaton76. When I get ready to attempt my conversion my laptop will be open to the wiki page. On the issue with the assy backwards that seems like a design flaw at best.

Hopefully everyone else that invested their money two years ago will take it slow when the time comes to do the conversion to avoid any gotchas like that. Kushnapup should pay you for documenting the steps and making suggestions for future models.

TheExpertish
05-11-2012, 3:51 PM
Bummer, too bad I'm a lefty

I am too with long guns, but in cases like this it helps to be an ambi-turner. Plus it's good tactical sense to know how to shoot both ways.

EBR Works
05-12-2012, 12:56 PM
I had ordered two. One arrived and it was broken. Have not seen the second one yet. I guess we'll see how their customer service is...

Wallabing
05-12-2012, 1:17 PM
Kushnapup looks like a trainwreck.

$200 for two plastic shells that needs fitting,

and to cut off your stock tangs off your valuable saiga.....

evollep3
05-13-2012, 1:03 AM
What about a ubr? It's plastic n bout the same price lol

EBR Works
05-14-2012, 8:07 PM
Got an email today that they are shipping me a replacement part for the first stock damaged in shipping. Got our second shipment today as well in perfect condition.

daveinwoodland
05-25-2012, 2:06 PM
As noted, I've got mine together and really like it. I also learned, thanks to an astute reader, that I had part of the assembly backwards, which is why the bolt on the trigger actuator was trying to scrape on the inside of the stock. I'll be correcting that and posting some updated pictures tonight (as well as adding that to the potential gotcha's).

...oh yeah, and first pic. :)
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149304&d=1336713101
I saw on another board that the method used to avoid removing the stock tang was to use a Tapco T-6 recoild pad and the stock S-12 hard plastic goes over that, kind of takes away the benefit of the recoil pad , but at least you don't permanently modify your stock tang.