PDA

View Full Version : ?? Question for "aippi" ??

NewGuy1911
05-10-2012, 7:19 AM
xyz

WDE91
05-10-2012, 7:40 AM
No I have not bought a shotgun from him
but WOW the service and the amount of knowledge is amazing

I would suggest JD for your next 870 purchase
the man knows his stuff

Ribkick
05-10-2012, 9:52 AM
A question for "aippi" of http://www.aiptactical.com/ ;

Please list a comparison/difference between the following three;

HD/Duty I&II and Police I.

I'm pondering a "KISS" type Remington 870 working "tool", not tacty-tool or mall-ninja. My choice is to compare a hand-fit and finished tool to a Big-5 Remington 870 HD (without the new and improved HD 18.5" barrel).

So if one tool sells for >$400 vs >$700... I should also add I like nice well crafted tools and if used, I wonder about passed owners.

I have learned from Calgun posters (and have read many older posts from "aippi" and have looked over his site many times). I would hate going to a number of tactical training classes and find out I should have gotten this other one instead!!!

To be used for HD/Survival, travel motel, tent camping, self defense.

Many Thanks, if this has been asked be for I'm sorry! I have looked here and on other sites.

Why don't you call him at 231-690-0954 as has been suggested to you many times. That's a long list of questions you have.

ETA: The differences in the shotguns you ask about are listed on his site.

NewGuy1911
05-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi Ribkick, your completely correct and I looked there many times. I have also went to the gentleman's first post and covered quite a bit of ground. People have posted me stating how good he and his products are.

There are allot of beginner questions asked here (what gun should I buy?...?) I thought other people might like to learn too.

My mind seems to need more information than other people's minds. I like asking questions and getting intelligent responses from knowledgeable people. I prefer this approach to wasting what little time I have left and spending what little funds I have on inferior products.

A column with difference of models compared would have negated the questions. Of the three models do they get completely refinished? Do some models (870P) have the Remington factory finish, how about the 18.5" police barrel?

Thank for your assistance and understanding. You probably know there will more questions asked by other beginners in weeks to come. Keep in mind you have helped an other student to enjoy this sport and learn about 2A.

-hanko
05-10-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm thinking Ribkick's comment relates to bandwidth, and I concur.

EVERYTHING you've posted has been hashed over here and on tfl and arf.

hth

-hanko

Ribkick
05-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Hi Ribkick, your completely correct and I looked there many times. I have also went to the gentleman's first post and covered quite a bit of ground. People have posted me stating how good he and his products are.

There are allot of beginner questions asked here (what gun should I buy?...?) I thought other people might like to learn too.

My mind seems to need more information than other people's minds. I like asking questions and getting intelligent responses from knowledgeable people. I prefer this approach to wasting what little time I have left and spending what little funds I have on inferior products.

A column with difference of models compared would have negated the questions. Of the three models do they get completely refinished? Do some models (870P) have the Remington factory finish, how about the 18.5" police barrel?

Thank for your assistance and understanding. You probably know there will more questions asked by other beginners in weeks to come. Keep in mind you have helped an other student to enjoy this sport and learn about 2A.

Hey NewGuy1911, I get where you're coming from but I don't get your reluctance to call JD or your imposition asking him to comprise a chart for you.

You have posted some questions in your first post here, then posted additional questions asking for deeper details of your first questions (see where this is going?), then asked for a chart of the differences. Don't you think you're asking a lot from a man that's trying to run a business when you can simply READ what he already took the time to publish on his website or simply CALL the guy to answer your questions? It would take hours of back and forth posts to answer all your questions where a call would take 10 minutes.

Here, I'm bored and had the time to do your research. Below was taken straight from JD's site. It answers your finish questions. This is only a portion of each description and there are many more features of each model that he lists. Print them out and create your own columned sheet.

Police I:
Remington 870 Police Magnum built from all factory new parts and accessories. Remington 870 Police receiver is factory parkerized. 18.5" police barrel, factory parkerized with fixed I/C choke and bead sight.

HD/Duty:
The AI&P Tactical HD/Duty. This stands for Home Defense / Duty as this weapon will serve perfectly for either. This is a basic solid fighting shotgun. Heavy zinc parkerized 870 Magnum receiver is upgraded with the heavier carrier dog follower spring as found in the 870P. The bolt is upgraded to an 870 Police bolt. Wilson Combat over size safety is added. The Barrel is a factory parkerized 18.5" fixed modified choke with factory install Meprolight tritium bead.

HD/Duty II:
The AI&P Tactical "HD/Duty II". This is a solid fighting shotgun. Heavy zinc parkerized 870 Magnum receiver is upgraded with the heavier carrier dog follower spring as found in the 870P. The bolt is upgraded to an 870 Police bolt. Wilson Combat over size safety is added. The Barrel is a factory parkerized 18.5" With XS rifle sights, these are the fastest sights on the market.

Sorry to be so blunt in this response but you need to take some responsability on your own to learn by research. You will know a lot more than having someone spoon feed each answer to a narrow question.

If I were JD, In response to your questions, I'd post:

"Call me 231-690-0954"

But I'm not JD.

Don't take this personal, I'm not trying to be rude, just blunt to make a point. Everyone here is here to help and support each other and will continue. That includes you and your questions.

AOIguns
05-10-2012, 12:57 PM

I'm not JD, but with your laundry list and the fact that you're a beginner I'd go with a straight-from-the-factory 25077 870 Express Synthetic 7 +1. I've spoken with him before, and I'm sure JD would love you to buy one of his However, from our conversations I've gathered he likes knowing people who are buying his guns know exactly what they want, and are going to use the crap out of them. I applaud you with wanting an 870 as they are my personal favorite. Not trying to talk you out of it, but I think you still need to decide on what you want first.

NewGuy1911
05-10-2012, 1:09 PM
Also, 2 yr. warranty on the HD/Duty II & Police I and he states there is a question regarding the Remington factory (grey) finish. Someone, like myself, might believe I was buying a hand fit, custom, completely parkerized shotgun. For the price that would make scents. I did not consider that it might be a Big 5 Remington 870HD + a few $$s in parts.

A few years ago I knew zero about the 1911 45 acp, other than if a soldier dropped his pistol in a muddy creek the gun would still work and the 1911 45 acp was unlikely to place shots within a 3" circle. Learning from the posters on this site I now a utility Kimber, an expensive Kimber, and two semi-custom 1911s.

Thanks for the help.

NewGuy1911
05-10-2012, 1:17 PM
I'm not JD, but with your laundry list and the fact that you're a beginner I'd go with a straight-from-the-factory 25077 870 Express Synthetic 7 +1. I've spoken with him before, and I'm sure JD would love you to buy one of his However, from our conversations I've gathered he likes knowing people who are buying his guns know exactly what they want, and are going to use the crap out of them. I applaud you with wanting an 870 as they are my personal favorite. Not trying to talk you out of it, but I think you still need to decide on what you want first.

Well said, many thanks!!! I plan on getting some training and using the shotgun. The tools I use are HD (Heavy Duty) and the cars and trucks get abused. I do not baby my self.

plsmyk
05-10-2012, 2:55 PM
Look under the "BUILD YOUR WEAPON" link on the AI&P Tactical website. JD has suggestions of different type of setups for various uses. Everything from the "Budget" setup to the "Law Enforcement (LEO) tactical Team" setup.

NewGuy1911
05-10-2012, 3:09 PM
Thanks plsmyk, after recovering from a rib tap I did just that and also looked at the refinnishing area. Have a better understanding and aippi's shotguns must be pretty good.