PDA

View Full Version : Obama admin furious over proposed ATF restriction, threatens veto

vantec08
05-10-2012, 8:11 AM
http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-admin-furious-over-proposed-atf-restriction-threatens-veto

"President Obama has threatened to veto this appropriations bill because, among other things, it limits the gun control authority of ATF."

uh huh

this is interesting . . . . . http://www.examiner.com/article/breaking-gowdy-follows-through-on-threat-to-cut-doj-funding-but

tankarian
05-10-2012, 9:04 AM
http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-admin-furious-over-proposed-atf-restriction-threatens-veto

"President Obama has threatened to veto this appropriations bill because, among other things, it limits the gun control authority of ATF."

uh huh

this is interesting . . . . . http://www.examiner.com/article/breaking-gowdy-follows-through-on-threat-to-cut-doj-funding-but

Obama did nothing, I tell you - he did nothing against gun owners.

:rolleyes:

mag360
05-10-2012, 9:15 AM
if you ask the "liberal gun club" forum about the multiple rifle reporting they will say but what about 4a rights that the reeps want to undermine, I'm ok with having to register multiple rifles...

I'm NOT ok with it.

Flintlock Tom
05-10-2012, 9:19 AM
The Administration strongly opposes problematic policy and language riders that have no place in funding legislation, including, but not limited to, the following provisions in this bill…
Unfortunately I agree with them. Amendments should not be attached to unrelated legislation. If they cannot stand on their own then they should not pass.
I hate when the Democrats do it and I hate when the Republicans do it.
However, if you read between the lines, "the administration" is only opposed to the practice if it is something they oppose or if it's stuck there be Democrats.

JMO

tankarian
05-10-2012, 9:22 AM
if you ask the "liberal gun club" forum about the multiple rifle reporting they will say but what about 4a rights that the reeps want to undermine, I'm ok with having to register multiple rifles...

I'm NOT ok with it.

"But...but...but...Obama allowed gun carry in national parks! So what if the law was attached to the credit card bill he really wanted to pass into law?
Anyway, other issues are more important for me than gun rights- like gay marriage and taxing the rich into bankruptcy."
-- Liberal gun club member ;)

mag360
05-10-2012, 9:35 AM
that is exactly what they all told me. I'm not willing to compromise on gun stuff at all. I'll let the reeps keep their billionaire tax cuts if they could pass hr822, repeal hughes and gca!

vantec08
05-10-2012, 9:49 AM
that is exactly what they all told me. I'm not willing to compromise on gun stuff at all. I'll let the reeps keep their billionaire tax cuts if they could pass hr822, repeal hughes and gca!

Yep. With the recent ATF seizure of FFL records in Alaska, sure sound like they are preparing a national registry.

OldShooter32
05-10-2012, 9:50 AM
He only hates it when it is used against his agenda. I haven't seen him excited when Pilosi tacks a hanger into another bill. They are all corrupt, arrogant and soon-to-be unemployed.

IVC
05-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Unfortunately I agree with them. Amendments should not be attached to unrelated legislation.

Everything is related... if it affects the Interstate Commerce.

tonelar
05-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Someone should attach a Gay Marriage rider onto the bill. That'll dry up the ink on his VETO stamp pad.

donw
05-10-2012, 12:14 PM
the best way to, hopefully, put the brakes on with this administration, is to send it packing next election!

if re-elected...it will only worsen...

PhalSe
05-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Someone should attach a Gay Marriage rider onto the bill. That'll dry up the ink on his VETO stamp pad.

There we go. Tack gay marriage onto HR822 or the reverse! Wwatching both sides figure out how to respond would be hilarious. :D

mag360
05-10-2012, 12:45 PM
haha unfortunately the author sterns likes to tell women what they can do with their bodies. Pretty sure he will be anti gay as well.

mif_slim
05-10-2012, 12:51 PM
"But...but...but...Obama allowed gun carry in national parks! So what if the law was attached to the credit card bill he really wanted to pass into law?
Anyway, other issues are more important for me than gun rights- like gay marriage and taxing the rich into bankruptcy."
-- Liberal gun club member ;)

Im with you on this..more important things then gun rights right now.

mag360
05-10-2012, 12:55 PM
tankarian was being sarcastic. No other issue is as..."fragile" as rkba.

The War Wagon
05-10-2012, 1:05 PM
I have NEVER been so anxious for a TREASON trial to start, as I am for late January, 2013. :mad:

ClarenceBoddicker
05-10-2012, 1:15 PM

You forgot the mother of all anti-gun laws: the 1934 NFA.

Yep. With the recent ATF seizure of FFL records in Alaska, sure sound like they are preparing a national registry.

There has been a delayed default national registry for all newly purchased & interstate gun sales since 1969. ATF has been saving old 4473s from FFLs who go out of business. They optically scan then to register guns to the person who signs the 4473. Since the 1998 Brady NICS went online, the ATF gets all the info for their illegal (FOPA bans non NFA gun registration) gun registry. The whole reason they want to close the "gun show loophole" is to get all guns registered when they change ownership. As Neil Knox said: the only purpose for gun registration is eventual confiscation. Everybody but gun owners seems to understand that basic fact.

the best way to, hopefully, put the brakes on with this administration, is to send it packing next election!

if re-elected...it will only worsen...

It won't matter who is in office or controls the Congress. The ATF has been anti-gun since it's inception. They have most of the tools (Federal anti-gun laws) they need to make life very difficult for lawful gun owners. Every so often they will need to do a public "show of force" like in 1993. I wonder if Congress will ever let them have their mini air force (black ops OV-10 Broncos) back?

ubet
05-10-2012, 2:54 PM
They need to completely defund the atf, along with a metric ****load of other things. Its unfortunate, but we will never see this idiot tried for the treason he has committed. Just like we never saw Clinton tried for bringing the chinnese 50 years into the future by selling them OUR nuke technology.

tankarian
05-10-2012, 3:06 PM
Im with you on this..more important things then gun rights right now.

Please do tell what other things.
I'm all ears.

Neil McCauley
05-10-2012, 3:33 PM
lol Defunding the DOJ would be awesome. Even a little counts.

terr0rt0telc0
05-10-2012, 4:19 PM
I am all for drying up funds to stupid agencies. I should go dig up that old withdraw from the UN sticker as well.

vantec08
05-10-2012, 4:59 PM
speaking of defunding . . . http://patriotupdate.com/22731/congress-debates-ending-the-federal-reserve

stitchnicklas
05-10-2012, 5:01 PM
now obama is flying to see hollywood for$$$$

hope get sick kissing clooneys behind

mag360
05-10-2012, 8:16 PM
Please do tell what other things.
I'm all ears.

doesn't it usually go..."like, marijuana, the belief that scalia, alito, thomas, roberts are more dangerous to rights than kagan, sotomayor, ginsberg and stevens. (didnt list kennedy on purpose), gay marriage, and banning prayer in schools."

still not exactly sure how any of that is more important than "can I keep my gun, can I take it WITH me, can it have 15 bullets in it, can I actually USE it if I need too?"

VegasND
05-10-2012, 9:02 PM
I hope he does.:D
"President Obama has threatened to veto this appropriations bill ...

scarville
05-10-2012, 9:21 PM
I hope he does.:D
Me too but he'll have to beg Michelle for the key to his testicle lock box.

wash
05-10-2012, 9:21 PM
Be careful about de-funding agencies. The DOJ is supposed to be entirely different from the joke it has become. ATF isn't supposed to be a bunch of antis either.

Before you can make ATF drop the F, you need to get rid of the NFA and GCA. Doing it before that would give us the problem of having to fight the FBI or whatever agency picks up the pieces.

As much as I dislike attaching our bills to ~unrelated legislation, as long as our bills can not gain traction or withstand veto on their own, we have to do it.

If we could not attach our bills, no positive gun rights legislation would ever be passed.

Be careful what you wish for.

Dreaded Claymore
05-11-2012, 5:33 PM

I'm NOT ok with it.

What is this forum? I've never heard of it but I'm liberal and I love guns, and I am NOT okay with the multiple rifle reporting.

mag360
05-11-2012, 6:38 PM
What is this forum? I've never heard of it but I'm liberal and I love guns, and I am NOT okay with the multiple rifle reporting.

http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3/

A few really didn't like that I am uncompromising when it came to gun rights. A few think the NRA is a "right wing propaganda machine". Some just have different priorities, but they are still "gunnies".

looking forward to meeting you next week!

cfusionpm
05-11-2012, 6:51 PM
As Neil Knox said: the only purpose for gun registration is eventual confiscation. Everybody but gun owners seems to understand that basic fact.
So why do we have to register our cars?

rero360
05-11-2012, 7:10 PM

Umm... because they aren't an enumerated constitutional right?

advocatusdiaboli
05-11-2012, 7:48 PM
soon-to-be unemployed.

I hope but doubt it. Romney is in the Red Zone but not getting the ball into the end zone and he has only a few downs left.

advocatusdiaboli
05-11-2012, 8:04 PM

So they can confiscate them if you use them for "illegal" activities or if someone wants them as assets in compensation for a lawsuit or criminal confiscation (like in RICO for drug dealers). Registration allows them to track them and their movement through the economy so they can confiscate them at any point. You actually think they do this for YOUR benefit? Selflessly as your servant? Really? OMFG. You are naive. I used "illegal" in quotes because legality is fluid. For instance, a pending bill in the CA state house will make you a criminal if you fail to report a stolen firearm within 48 hours and might mean they'll confiscate all your other arms since you are now a criminal. That would be easier if they have a full list of what you own wouldn't it?

hammerhead_77
05-11-2012, 9:49 PM
There we go. Tack gay marriage onto HR822 or the reverse! Wwatching both sides figure out how to respond would be hilarious. :D

Actually, it has occurred to me that this is exactly the way to get shall-issue through the legislative / initiative path... Call it the "fairness in licensing" act. Text would say it is illegal for any government agent to deny a license of any sort to a person when a similar license is granted to others. The lawyers will work out the wording.

Conservatives - here is the deal. Come to grips with the fact that some people are gay, they are people, and they want to have the same rights and relationships as the breeding population... Then move on to the really important issues - using this as a negotiation point.

[/threadjack]

ClarenceBoddicker
05-11-2012, 10:01 PM

You don't have to register your car unless you wish to drive it on a public street, road, highway or freeway. You can own cars without registering them. You can drive unregistered cars on private property.

I've never thought about trying to drive any of my guns on public roads. It would be cool to drive around in a WWII Jagdtiger or Jagdpanther though. If they were registered with DMV, CA DOJ & ATF would it be OK to keep the main gun live?

SilverTauron
05-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Actually, it has occurred to me that this is exactly the way to get shall-issue through the legislative / initiative path... Call it the "fairness in licensing" act. Text would say it is illegal for any government agent to deny a license of any sort to a person when a similar license is granted to others. The lawyers will work out the wording.

Conservatives - here is the deal. Come to grips with the fact that some people are gay, they are people, and they want to have the same rights and relationships as the breeding population... Then move on to the really important issues - using this as a negotiation point.

[/threadjack]

This system may work in California. I can tell you now in Red State America this approach would backfire horribly. Some people do consider reproductive rights to be on equal or standing with the RKBA. Honestly speaking I know some people of the 'conservative' political thought here in flyover country who if offered a devils bargain between keeping their arms and legalizing gay marriage, would rather the ATF take every gun they own than see their sons and daughters marry someone of the same sex.Of course ideally there would be neither on the table, but remember that for some folks legalizing gay marriage is a "No Go" issue, just like a national assault weapons ban is a serious no go for me.

Remember that we are discussing the RKBA here, a right which doesn't exist in many states in America. As such, the legislatures and reps from Illinois, NJ,and California, will fight to the political death to ensure "national reciprocity" doesn't apply in their states and cities. Here's what the speech would sound like on CNN:

(INSERT PRO-GAY MARRIAGE ANTI GUN SLIMY POLITICO HERE) "While I believe in the right for people to marry whom they want, legalizing death and destruction in the streets isn't how we should do this. Gays, Lesbians, and Bisexual couples have been the target of hate crimes and violent attacks throughout history. Matthew Shepard is one example,and he was assaulted with a handgun that wasn't even fired. That's one reason why not only should this bill not pass, but I propose that we vote on my amendment called the 'GLBT Safety Act', which bans magazines over 10 rounds and outlaws firearms which can be used in assaults on gay and lesbian citizens........"

Mulay El Raisuli
05-12-2012, 9:20 AM

[/threadjack]

That's actually not a bad idea.

The Raisuli

morfeeis
05-12-2012, 3:21 PM

[/threadjack]
I'm all for ltc's but I'd in no way support that bill.

rero360
05-12-2012, 3:33 PM
I'm all for ltc's but I'd in no way support that bill.

Why?

dustoff31
05-12-2012, 3:40 PM

They would respond the same way they always do on matters they don't want to deal with. They simply do not respond. Or delay and delay until the session is over.

ja308
05-12-2012, 4:56 PM

You only need to register a car you plan on using on a public road or street .

otalps
05-12-2012, 11:30 PM

What? How is that even in the slightest comparable? Does apologizing just come naturally to you?

tankarian
05-13-2012, 8:33 AM

I'm sure if you really, I mean really think deep about your question, you'll find the answer on your own. Abandoning your statist mentality for a couple of seconds would also speed up the process.

bubbapug1
05-13-2012, 11:49 PM
http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3/

A few think the NRA is a "right wing propaganda machine". Some just have different priorities, but they are still "gunnies".

The NRA has become the most whacked out dispenser of propaganda. I set up my account two weeks ago on line and have received over 50 emails from various fanatical groups pushing some pretty far out crap. It really is a shame the NRA has deviated so far from its main thrust. They are not impartial, and if obama wins big, or any other dem in the future, the backlash will be worse than it need be.

I don't mind factual emails, but raving propaganda only a pin head could believe is disappointing.