PDA

View Full Version : Surefire LED conversion question

the_t0ny
05-09-2012, 11:22 PM
I tried searching on candle power forums and no luck, and thought I would post a thread here to get some responses before I posted there. So here is my delima.....

I bought a Surefire E2D incandescent light about 4-5 years ago and now I want to change out the head to a LED head. I'm looking at the Surefire KX2 and KX2C LED conversion heads for the E-Series flashlights and was wondering if there was any other options out there? Also does anybody know of a website that has a good deal on those? Thanks for the help.

bsg
05-10-2012, 8:43 PM
the folks over at CandlePowerForums know their stuff; i'd suggest you go ahead and post a thread over there, if a search on their site doesn't produce results.

i've found that some of the conversion stuff costs almost as much as a replacement flashlight, with the Surefire equipment.

the E2D is a good flashlight. i bought one for my son this past Christmas, from LA Police Gear; he loves it. i got an E1B for myself.

KaTooM
05-10-2012, 8:44 PM
I see you

the_t0ny
05-10-2012, 9:21 PM
Yea I really like my E2D, I take it with me when I go running at night or walk home from a friends house when I go out and drink but I would really like an LED conversion so I can run the surefire rechargeables and get more lumens/runtime out of it.

bsg
05-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Yea I really like my E2D, I take it with me when I go running at night or walk home from a friends house when I go out and drink but I would really like an LED conversion so I can run the surefire rechargeables and get more lumens/runtime out of it.

i've seen conversion stuff up on ebay; haven't looked lately. with some tenacity and patience, you can do well.

you may want to enjoy the E2D for what it is, and look for an LED for your edc. your E2D can go into the BOB.

just after i got my E1B Backup, i saw a great deal up on ebay for 8 of them being sold individually from one seller; new with damaged packaging, from a camera shop. they sold out in 15 minutes @ about $60.00 each.