PDA

View Full Version : Factory 870 2 shot extension not tightening down

xtra870
05-09-2012, 11:07 PM
So i recently bought a used but like brand new 870 HD gun with 18" barrel and after disasembly and reassembly i noticed when screwing the extension on that it will not depress the detent on the barrel. It screws down till it hits the detent but does not make the click noise that i beleive it should. Also what might be a relate problem is that sometimes it will only allow 4 or 5 shells in the tube and then stop like it is jamming on the tube extension.
Does anyone know what i can do to fix it. The guy i bought it from was very helpful and said he would pay for me to get it fixed and what not but i would like to not place that burden on him. I was thinking about possibly just a standard cap and spring and leaving it as a standard 4 shot tube.

email
05-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Is the mag tube bottoming out in the locking nut?

sarge1572
05-09-2012, 11:21 PM
http://www.aiptactical.com/Page_2.html

Go to this website and find the section on "INSTALL AND CLEANING". The site discusses and demonstrates just about everything you'll ever want to know about the 870,

It talks about installing a magazine extension and the problems you might encounter. If your shotgun is an EXPRESS model there are two dimples at the muzzle end of the tube that must be removed in order for the extension to work properly.

Good luck.
Jeff

xtra870
05-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Problem solved thank you guys i did not realize the coupler and tube were two different pieces. I knew there was a reason i am on calguns. The wealth of information brought together on this website is amazing. Thank you guys