PDA

View Full Version : Sandra Bettencourt (sp) just called me

77bawls
05-09-2012, 8:26 PM
She said she was the only republican running for some district 2 office. She asked me if I had any questions. I asked her what her stance on the second amendment was, and she told me "I'm an avid hunter, and they can pry my guns from my cold dead hands."

I'm not really up on local politics any insight?

Paul S
05-09-2012, 10:44 PM
She said she was the only republican running for some district 2 office. She asked me if I had any questions. I asked her what her stance on the second amendment was, and she told me "I'm an avid hunter, and they can pry my guns from my cold dead hands."

I'm not really up on local politics any insight?

That's pretty vague. School board? Supervisors? State Assembly? Senate?
What county? what city? not enuff info to give even an educated guess unless a CalGunny comes along who knows this lady and can fill in details.

Scout2Diesel
05-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Hmm, sound like what we wanted to hear... 30 years ago.

77bawls
05-10-2012, 2:17 AM
That's pretty vague. School board? Supervisors? State Assembly? Senate?
What county? what city? not enuff info to give even an educated guess unless a CalGunny comes along who knows this lady and can fill in details.

Well I live in Sac. :shrug:

Mesa Tactical
05-10-2012, 8:04 AM
I asked her what her stance on the second amendment was, and she told me "I'm an avid hunter, and they can pry my guns from my cold dead hands."

Sounds like she knows bugger-all about the Second Amendment, then.

mag360
05-10-2012, 8:18 AM
even deleon could say i'm an avid skeet shooter and they can pry my shotguns from my cold dead hands. I'm still going to ban your handguns, ammo, and all rifles. Even muzzle loading guns.

Glock22Fan
05-10-2012, 8:46 AM
It's better than nothing but is only a subset of what is wanted. Also sounds like a memorized soundbit with maybe nothing behind it

It does not say either way whether she is in favor of arms for other purposes such self defense, CCW or whatever. She might be, but just focussed on one aspect, or she might not, and wanted to mislead you. Your response ideally should have been:

"But what about the other aspects of the Second, such as Concealed Carry and Stand Your Ground?"

Poohgyrr
06-06-2012, 8:17 AM
I just saw this thread. District 2, Sacramento City Council. I've talked with her a few times and from others who've known her for years, I would like to have seen her elected. Her campaign signs seemed to be posted later and fewer than the two guys who will be in Nov's run off election. Those guys have signs everywhere.