PDA

View Full Version : Ohh the nos ... semi-auto weapons found

caduckgunner
05-03-2007, 8:09 AM
Semi-automatic weapons found with a 1000 rounds of ammo. Oh the horror, save the children

http://www.vvdailypress.com/onset?id=906&template=article.html

Posted at 11:30 p.m. — Semi-automatic weapons found in home with 1,000 rounds of ammunition
KATHERINE ROSENBERG
2007-05-02 23:25:00
VICTORVILLE — Authorities found over 1,000 rounds of ammunition for semi-automatic weapons at an area home late Wednesday night.
Two search warrants served by the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department High Desert Regional Gang Team around 9 p.m. led to the arrest of two individuals for being under the influence of narcotics, and a third man for weapons violations, said Deputy Eric Ogaz.
“There were a bunch of guns, with approximately 15 high capacity magazines, along with assault rifle rounds of ammunition,” Ogaz said.
The search warrants were served as the result of an investigation into a tagging crew caught at a local Rite-Aid by Deputy Frank Hardin of the Hesperia station, Ogaz said.

Read the full story in Friday's Daily Press.

Hardin's tagging case, which was reported in Wednesday's Daily Press, follows:

HESPERIA — Three 14-year-olds were arrested on suspicion of felony vandalism causing over $5,000 in damage, officials said.
Around 8:40 p.m. Monday, Deputy Frank Hardin of the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department Hesperia station was called to the Rite-Aid at I Avenue and Main Street for a report of graffiti, according to a statement from Roxanne Walker, spokeswoman for the station.
Witnesses said they saw the boys walking through the store wearing shirts that said “B.S.O.” and followed the boys to the restroom.
When the teens never emerged from the restroom, they went in to find the boys marking “B.S.O.” on the bathroom walls, Walker said.
Witnesses held the boys and called authorities who found the boys to be members of a tagging crew, Walker said.
The unnamed juveniles were found to be responsible for tagging “B.S.O.” on roughly 25 locations in the town.
The boys were arrested and released to their parents. The damage of all graffiti is estimated at $5,000, Walker said.

megavolt121
05-03-2007, 8:11 AM
Semi-automatic weapons found with a 1000 rounds of ammo. Oh the horror, save the children

http://www.vvdailypress.com/onset?id=906&template=article.html

“There were a bunch of guns, with approximately 15 high capacity magazines, along with assault rifle rounds of ammunition,” Ogaz said.

Wait, now there are "assault rifle rounds of ammunition"? How do you classify ammo as assault rifle rounds? Do they have pistol grips or something?! :confused:

chiefcrash
05-03-2007, 8:18 AM
Wait, now there are "assault rifle rounds of ammunition"? How do you classify ammo as assault rifle rounds? Do they have pistol grips or something?! :confused:

those damn rounds with those damn flash supressors....

always screwing things up for the "sporting" ammunition...

mark3lb
05-03-2007, 8:34 AM
I am glad they got the guns from drug people and taggers, but the media always calling guns and ammo " assault" this and that is a joke. More liberal psychobabble koolaid drinking way of thinking.

Fate
05-03-2007, 9:11 AM
Assault, this, assault that.

With the way PC-talk is headed, soon they'll lobby to change the word "somersault" to "low, forward roll" because the former version seems too "aggressive."

ibanezfoo
05-03-2007, 9:35 AM
Its kind of funny. A few years ago everything was "9mm semi-automatic" (and CNN just tried to bring back that monster recently) but nowdays its all assault this and assault that. Whatever whips the masses into a panicked frenzy I guess..... :rolleyes:

-bryan

M. Sage
05-03-2007, 6:35 PM
Dang, when I pick take my Carbine back from my dad, I'll have two semi-autos in the house, and I promise that I've got more than a thousand rounds sitting around.

Those guys were light weights.

triggerhappy
05-03-2007, 6:44 PM
Assault, this, assault that.

With the way PC-talk is headed, soon they'll lobby to change the word "somersault" to "low, forward roll" because the former version seems too "aggressive."

Oh man, that was great! can I steal this line?

fairfaxjim
05-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Whew! I guess I separated my "assault rifle rounds of ammunition" from my Mini-14 rounds just in the nick of time! Lets see, I have 1 AW round, and 4,999 Mini-14 rounds. You guys should try this, it feels soooo good to be politically correct.:D

leelaw
05-03-2007, 11:26 PM
"...assault rifle rounds of ammunition,”

Smoke the crack much? :confused:

CSACANNONEER
05-04-2007, 5:08 PM

Well, since the guy in Norco had "machine gun ammunition", I guess "assault rifle rounds of ammunition" must be different.

M. Sage
05-04-2007, 6:03 PM
Machine gun ammunition? Oh, I've got that. Buy 7.62x54R much? :D

Dont Tread on Me
05-05-2007, 6:35 AM
How do you get a pistol grip on ammo?

1K rounds. Light weights.