PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a dehumidifier?

The Electrician
05-09-2012, 5:50 PM
Any where local sell them? Im just looking for a small rechargable one. Im in rancho santa margarita/ south oc. I checked a few places, lowes, wally, target, elite firearms. Any suggestions, thanx, Joel

Toyman321
05-09-2012, 6:15 PM
Dollar Tree has the disposable ones for.... well... a dollar. I have one in each safe and two in my camper.

The Electrician
05-09-2012, 6:39 PM
I got a pack of those at wally world, but still would like to find a rechargable one, thanx for the info

The Electrician
05-09-2012, 6:40 PM
Btw thats an awesome pic, lol

pc_load_letter
05-09-2012, 8:52 PM
After shopping for several months for a smallish, yet quality safe, I decided on a local seller for the Canon S14.

I was leaning to the Sentry safe on Amazon for $439 ish but something about it didn't sit right.

I knew there was a local vendor (San Diego) that is always at our Del Mar Fair and knew they had smaller size safe for under $600. My google-foo found them and after a nice conversation, I had one delivered to my house a couple days later.

Rick was great to work with and learned a lot from him. You can reach them here http://keepsafeofcalifornia.com/

After taxes and delivery ($80), it was a little more than $700. Was thrilled that they did not just plop it on my curb but actually placed it in the spot in my garage I wanted. I heard the Amazon delivery just drops it at the end of the drieveway.

I opted not to do the bolt into the concrete as I want to remodel my garage and plan to move the safe eventually. They do offer those services as well.

Anywas, if you want a quality Canon safe, lifetime warranty and no questions asked replacement policy, call up Rick.

I can post pics if requested.

Mike

The Electrician
05-09-2012, 10:40 PM
After shopping for several months for a smallish, yet quality safe, I decided on a local seller for the Canon S14.

I was leaning to the Sentry safe on Amazon for $439 ish but something about it didn't sit right.

I knew there was a local vendor (San Diego) that is always at our Del Mar Fair and knew they had smaller size safe for under $600. My google-foo found them and after a nice conversation, I had one delivered to my house a couple days later.

Rick was great to work with and learned a lot from him. You can reach them here http://keepsafeofcalifornia.com/

After taxes and delivery ($80), it was a little more than $700. Was thrilled that they did not just plop it on my curb but actually placed it in the spot in my garage I wanted. I heard the Amazon delivery just drops it at the end of the drieveway.

I opted not to do the bolt into the concrete as I want to remodel my garage and plan to move the safe eventually. They do offer those services as well.

Anywas, if you want a quality Canon safe, lifetime warranty and no questions asked replacement policy, call up Rick.

I can post pics if requested.

Mike

Thanx for the info, but im just looking for a dehumidifer, not a safe!

The Electrician
05-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Any other suggestions?

Ubermcoupe
05-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Amazon (I have Prime) and if you use the Calguns Amazon link a portion will be contributed to CGF.

I recommend an Eva-dry (sp?) rechargeable dehumidifier.

troysland
05-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Home Depot. I use one of those setups that looks like a Britta water filter. Its called DampRid, I think. Packets of are placed inside and wicks away the moisture. The fluid builds up in a reservoir underneath, then gets poured out when it accumulates. Not sure but about $25 for a box of refills and unit.

The Electrician
05-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Thanx for the info! Think i'll use amazon if a portion is donated to CG! :-)

The Electrician
05-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Found a eva dry @ ace hardware

Ub3rD0rk
05-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Any hydroponics supply shop will have dehumidifies.

The Electrician
05-12-2012, 4:02 PM
Thats funny, i was gonna call a hydro store, but called ace and they had one!

JohnFLand
05-14-2012, 12:41 AM
Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Eva-dry-E-500-Renewable-Wireless-Dehumidifer/dp/B000H0XFD2/ref=pd_cp_hi_1

NYsteveZ
05-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Hmm...Since someone mentioned Home Depot, check Lowes also. Also-Im not a cigar guy, but Im sure if you go to a cigar shop, those guys are all into climate control stuff. Perhaps they can recommend a product or alternative way.

Toyman321
05-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Hmm...Since someone mentioned Home Depot, check Lowes also. Also-Im not a cigar guy, but Im sure if you go to a cigar shop, those guys are all into climate control stuff. Perhaps they can recommend a product or alternative way.

Nahh, we WANT humidity :D