PDA

View Full Version : Any Pink Pistols Members In Here?

30 cal slob
05-09-2012, 6:29 PM
I am interested in helping set up a Pink Pistols chapter in my area (the Northeast).

I'm shocked we don't have one already.

I tried contacting an e-mail listed at PinkPistols.org but the e-mail bounced.

Do any of you folks have any tips or guidance on getting a chapter set up, and perhaps a contact at Pink Pistols dot org?

We can use all the 2A friends we can get up here. I am sure there are some LGBTG shooters out there - we just need to get the ball rolling.

Here's the rub - I need your advice because I am straight and don't know where to start.

I appreciate all your help in advance.

Stay safe.

-slut

p.s. Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

HowardW56
05-09-2012, 6:41 PM
There are 3 different pages for Pink Pistols on Facebook.

You should post there too...

I don't know which will get you a quicker response...

30 cal slob
05-09-2012, 6:44 PM
There are 3 different pages for Pink Pistols on Facebook.

You should post there too...

I don't know which will get you a quicker response...

DOH!

I should have thought of that first. Thank you very much.

nick
05-09-2012, 6:55 PM
Nicki and tboyer are with Pink Pistols. Not sure about Gray Peterson, but he might be with them, too.

TKM
05-09-2012, 7:09 PM
I don't see this going well.

nicki
05-09-2012, 8:09 PM
Sent PM to original poster.

If anyone else interested, drop me a line.

Been updating site, just having time issues meeting with my programmer, I am not a "geek".

Nicki

http://www.pinkpistols.org/

Here is link to site, not being picked up by google yet.
Great Pictures from last years march btw, thanks Andrew;)

Luieburger
05-09-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm not a Pink Pistols member, but you'll find that several gun owners on this forum are very LGBT friendly. Some of us get together for a march in SF every year.

Feel free to come back and network. :)

tboyer
05-09-2012, 11:28 PM
There is a pink pistols group in Manhattan, your find it in yahoo groups. The pink pistol groups are sprinkled around various social mediums

conradin
06-07-2012, 11:49 PM
We are starting a chapter here in Oakland. It seems that the Alameda one is semi-dead. The main pinkpistols page email bounced. Currently we are at http://www.oaklandpinkpistols.org and we also have a facebook page so far. My partner founded the Spokane WA one. We need guidance on what the next step is. With the PP website email bounced, I cannot even get any info including having a new chapter listed. Help and advice needed.

nicki
06-08-2012, 12:22 AM
We are here, I apologize to all on the main site.

Sent PMs to those who were interested, anyone else can send me a PM.

As long as we are talking Pink Pistols, we have the SF Pride Parade which once again will be a unified march with us and our supporters(YOU) on Sun Jun 24th.

This is always a fun event, we get to march down the middle of San Francisco and chant our support of "gun rights".

Surprisingly the crowds in past years have been "SUPPORTIVE", this must really get under the skin of the antis.

So for those of you who like to have fun and go deep into enemy territory, this is your opportunity.

Nicki

bwiese
06-08-2012, 1:04 AM
Thanks for signing on.

Gun rights are civil rights and no 'persuasion' owns that association.

Overbear
06-08-2012, 9:54 AM
We are starting a chapter here in Oakland. It seems that the Alameda one is semi-dead. The main pinkpistols page email bounced. Currently we are at http://www.oaklandpinkpistols.org and we also have a facebook page so far. My partner founded the Spokane WA one. We need guidance on what the next step is. With the PP website email bounced, I cannot even get any info including having a new chapter listed. Help and advice needed.

Let me know when you have it started up. I am there, I use to hang out with the Alameda chapter, and yea its pretty much dead.

Pink pistol and proud of it here, but I still go by the old motto...

"Armed gays don't get bashed!"

gun toting monkeyboy
06-08-2012, 11:07 AM
A lot of us on here went and joined the Pink Pistols page on Facebook as a way of showing support. They ended up picking up about 40-50 of us in one week when they posted on here. My guess would be that the majority of us that joined through here are straight, but they didn't hold it against us. ;) I tried coordinating with their San Diego chapter back when we were still doing UOC events through Calguns, but I never did get a response.

-Mb

conradin
08-06-2012, 9:52 AM
Let me know when you have it started up. I am there, I use to hang out with the Alameda chapter, and yea its pretty much dead.

Pink pistol and proud of it here, but I still go by the old motto...

"Armed gays don't get bashed!"

Oakland PP will officially absorb Alameda PP, with Alameda PP dissolved. All Alameda PP members will automatically be transferred to Oakland PP. We will use a secure independent mailing list. There will be an announcement on the Alameda PP about this soon, and once that email message was sent, the Oakland PP mailing list will be officially active. The current website of OaklandPP is a place holder. The proper website design will be finished by Wednesday. Tomorrow I will go to San Leandro Gun Club to meet the owner, with the aim of designating it as official Gun Club of the OaklandPP. Vulcan Cafe in Fruitvale will be the official meeting place of the Oakland PP, as it is very LGBT friendly.

Obie, I have your info already, so you will be automatically added.