PDA

View Full Version : CZ 455 series @ Turners?

SoCal Gunner
05-09-2012, 1:18 PM
I noticed on the CZ-USA website that Turners is listed as a dealer.

Do you guys have any of the 455 series rimfires in stock? Don't recall ever seeing them in ads or the spring flyer.

SoCal Gunner
05-12-2012, 7:52 AM
Is the lack of response a "no" response?

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-25-2012, 2:31 PM
Is the lack of response a "no" response?

Sorry for the slow response- things are hopping.

Yes, we are a CZ dealer- for the few guns that CZ is shipping right now.
Contact your local Turner's for pricing and they can check with our CZ rep regarding availability. What we get direct from CZ right now is very, very light, but we do have the option of trolling some distributors to see if we can find a rifle for you.

DangerousGoods
05-26-2012, 3:40 PM
I too am interested in a CZ 455, varmint 22lr. How about a group buy even though there are only 2 of us so far?

SoCal Gunner
05-26-2012, 6:25 PM
I too am interested in a CZ 455, varmint 22lr. How about a group buy even though there are only 2 of us so far?

I'd do it in a second... But the "Black Shirt" (damn it for not getting his name) at Rancho Cucamunga told me the Varmints were on the Turner's discontinued list. I clarified that this was not the 452, because the 455s just came out and the guy said yes - the American is still current, but not the Varmint.

He then offered to get a Varmint in for $459 and I told him if he did, I'd take it... Left my name and number and he said he'd call me later in the day, if not the next. Well, here we are a couple weeks later and I haven't heard squat.

At this point, I'm going to wait until the Sportsman's Fair next weekend and see what the guys at CZ-USA bring out to shoot.

DangerousGoods
05-27-2012, 7:26 PM
I stopped by Folwer's in Orange on Saturday and they are going to check on availability on Tuesday. Kevin said around $450. I'll pm you there response.

Ken

SoCal Gunner
06-01-2012, 7:06 PM
UPDATE: CZ-USA is at the fair as advertised... BUT - They were only there to run a pistol booth. The good news is that one of the reps brought 2 differently configured 455 heavy barrels and one of CZ's shotguns. Back to the bad news; you can't fire them.

They have one of the new 455 Varmint Evolutions and a customized version of the Varmint Precision Trainer. The look of the Evolution didn't really appeal to me - then I held that thing - WOW. The Evolution's hold is so nice and natural, I loved it.

Anyway, after talking to the folks in the Turner's tent, I was finally able to land a 455 Varmint with the classic walnut stock.

DG - PM inbound.

gametime
06-02-2012, 4:14 PM
Good luck SC Gunner... the CZ's do require some work to find! I just picked up a Scout for my girls and a Trainer for me! Both had to be ordered... with the Trainer having to be transferred from another store. Rich, and the guys at Norwalk, got me all squared away though! Now I just have to find some time to go out and shoot. :)

Let us know how it goes.

Regards
Manuel

SoCal Gunner
06-02-2012, 4:26 PM
Good luck SC Gunner... the CZ's do require some work to find! I just picked up a Scout for my girls and a Trainer for me! Both had to be ordered... with the Trainer having to be transferred from another store. Rich, and the guys at Norwalk, got me all squared away though! Now I just have to find some time to go out and shoot. :)

Let us know how it goes.

Regards
Manuel

The Trainer they had at the show was so impressive and, IDK if all Trainer models are like this one, but I loved the opening underneath for adjusting the trigger vs having to remove the action on the other variants.

I think the bad thing about the Trainer version is you won't be able to blame your shooting on the rifle any more! :D

DangerousGoods
06-03-2012, 6:21 PM
Hey SCG,

I was able to get an order in for the 455 as well. The Turner's staff didn't even blink when I showed them your PM. Done deal in less than 5 minutes. Thanks for the help.

Ken

SoCal Gunner
06-03-2012, 8:32 PM
Hey SCG,

I was able to get an order in for the 455 as well. The Turner's staff didn't even blink when I showed them your PM. Done deal in less than 5 minutes. Thanks for the help.

Ken

Wait... What did they say before you showed them my PM? ;)

DangerousGoods
06-03-2012, 9:57 PM
Wait... What did they say before you showed them my PM? ;)

I didn't ask. The guy wasn't familiar with the CZ 455. All he did was look at their price list and the PM and said no problem.

Thanks again for the help.

Ken