PDA

View Full Version : Proof of ownership/registration

AEC1
05-08-2012, 8:42 PM
I am in the process of applying for a LTC, my sherrif is asking for proof of ownership and registration, I no longer have the paperwork as the wepons were purchased years ago, how would I go about getting proof of regisration?

Thanks

timdps
05-08-2012, 8:52 PM
There is a DOJ form that you can submit that will show all guns registered to you. If that does not work you could do a voluntary registration.

Tim

hoffmang
05-08-2012, 8:55 PM
The requirement is unlawful... But in the interim, as mentioned above, just complete this form: http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/firearms/forms/AFSPrivateCitizen.pdf?

-Gene

wildhawker
05-08-2012, 9:31 PM
I am in the process of applying for a LTC, my sherrif is asking for proof of ownership and registration, I no longer have the paperwork as the wepons were purchased years ago, how would I go about getting proof of regisration?

Thanks

Gene and Tim already gave you the interim "how to" for the objective; the legal analysis is here: http://calgunsfoundation.org/resources/downloads/file/57-ltc-common-misconceptions-a-unlawful-policies-guide.html.

-Brandon

ETA: The really insane thing about "proof of registration" is that handguns are not required to be registered, state preemption removes local authority to require it, and it's irrational; when they run the background, they'll pull the firearms in AFS. Regardless, when they associate the gun to the applicant, the gun is registered in AFS to that person anyway.

armygunsmith
05-08-2012, 9:58 PM
Looks like you got the right guys answering your question.
I think it's ridiculous that you have to prove ownership. If it doesn't come back as stolen, and it's in my possession, it's mine.

AEC1
05-09-2012, 6:35 AM
Thanks for the answers all. Hopefully Kings county will have one more licensee soon.

southernsnowshoe
05-09-2012, 8:30 PM
If that does not work you could do a voluntary registration.

I would slam my pee pee in a car door first. keep your damn permit

dbo
05-10-2012, 7:01 AM
more importantly, do they still sell breakfast burritos in hangar 5?

AEC1
05-10-2012, 8:39 AM
Yep, supper burrito's, they are great!

dbo
05-10-2012, 8:22 PM
I was in 102 way back when and that one thing that def sucked about the japan homeport change. the JN burritos were god awful