PDA

View Full Version : Blackwater: Update and request

WolfMansDad
05-02-2007, 9:49 PM
Blackwater OPS (Matt Corwin) has been moved. He now has housing and can receive visitors and mail.

Also, his attorneys have asked anyone who knows him to send them reference letters. These would be short letters describing how you know him and what you know of his character. If you have examples of his honesty and integrity, now is the time to bring them up. Send letters to

Trutanich-Michel, LLP
Los Angeles Office
180 E. Ocean Blvd. Ste 200
Long Beach, CA 90802

Tel (562) 216-4444
Fax (562) 216-4445
www.tmllp.com

The email address of the attorney that was at his arraignment on Monday is

Joseph A. Silvoso, III
jsilvoso@tmllp.com

We've all been itching to do something constructive. Now's the time.

WMD

Edited to add: Because his visits are limited, please coordinate your visit with calguns user Peorth. The earliest opportunity to visit will be next weekend, by which time we'd like to see him out. (This weekend's visits are already planned.) In any visiting period, we should give priority to his close friends, family, and legal council.

MrLogan
05-02-2007, 9:57 PM
Me and a few other people who know Matt personally are writing our reference letters. I would encourage others to do the same.

The LASD site is still saying that his visitor status is "N". But if he's allowed visitors this week, I'm heading down there with a couple of his other friends this weekend.

scootergmc
05-03-2007, 8:06 AM
If you are looking for him.. go here: http://app4.lasd.org/iic/ajis_search.cfm and enter his name. It'll tell you where he's at, if he's moved, and give visiting instructions, etc.

However, if he's only limited to 2 visits per week, I would leave those for his family and closest friends.

Franksremote
05-03-2007, 8:44 AM
For those that will visit, it is important that you not discuss any aspect of the case itself as nothing is private when in that environment. They monitor everything including visits and phone calls. Don't want to cause more trouble while trying to show support. ;)

jmlivingston
05-03-2007, 11:24 AM
BWO / Matthew name is finally available on the Canteen's website for sending a care package. It looks like they are only allowed one per week, so we should coordinate these as well. I'm up for either buying a small one myself or contributing to a larger one (up to $50). The more expensive ones are all food while there's some cheaper ones that include notepads, stamps, and playing cards. There's even one of nothing but toiletry items.

Anyone here know what he needs the most? Unfortunately there doesn'tappear to be any "all in one" packages.

John

tenpercentfirearms
05-03-2007, 11:53 AM
You can always just send him a money order. It is probably easier for him to take the money and buy what he needs at commissary rather than send him things he might not be able to have and get thrown away.

WolfMansDad
05-03-2007, 2:28 PM
Blackwater received his first visitors today. He is in good spirits and doing fine, considering the circumstances. He'd much rather be out, but other than that he is doing well.

He did want to relay a message to calguns. He thanks us for the support and appreciates that we are behind him. Our belief in his innocence means a lot to him. He asks us to make sure everything we have is strictly within the letter of the law, and he warns, even if it is, it is probably not a good idea to post it on myspace.

proraptor
05-03-2007, 2:36 PM
Man I wish I could visit him but Im not really a close friend or family....Im glad he knows we are behind him....

tenpercentfirearms
05-03-2007, 2:54 PM
He asks us to make sure everything we have is strictly within the letter of the law, and he warns, even if it is, it is probably not a good idea to post it on myspace.I am sorry, but that made me laugh. Talk about an understatement!

Blacktail 8541
05-03-2007, 4:16 PM
Seems he is in pretty good spirits all considering.

SkyStorm82
05-03-2007, 6:49 PM
Is he being housed at MCJ?

scootergmc
05-03-2007, 6:54 PM
Check my link above...

Q
05-03-2007, 7:40 PM
Me and a few other people who know Matt personally are writing our reference letters. I would encourage others to do the same.

The LASD site is still saying that his visitor status is "N". But if he's allowed visitors this week, I'm heading down there with a couple of his other friends this weekend.

I would write a letter but I only know him from his posts.:( If there will be a collection of funds for the fight to own legal olls I would donate a few $.

SkyStorm82
05-03-2007, 9:38 PM
Check my link above...

I did....I don't know what ESTF is.

PIRATE14
05-03-2007, 9:55 PM
I am sorry, but that made me laugh. Talk about an understatement!

That was pretty funny.....kinda.....sound advice......

Wulf
05-04-2007, 4:31 PM
I am sorry, but that made me laugh. Talk about an understatement!

Yeah, me too. But I'm known for my Black sense of humor. Glad he's doing well.

WolfMansDad
05-04-2007, 5:10 PM

Thanks for the letters, but it would be better to wait on the visit. His mom is going to see him this weekend, and that will be the last visit he is allowed until next Thursday. It would suck to get there before she does and use up his last visit for this week.

Matt would probably be interested in how all this has played out on calguns, and he's had no internet access for a week. Might be useful to print out some of these threads and send them to him. If you do, post at the end of the thread so he doesn't get multiple copies.

WolfMansDad
05-04-2007, 7:12 PM
I spoke with Matt's attorney today, and he said letters on LEO or military letterhead would carry extra weight. If you are in either service and want to write a reference letter for him, that would help a lot. Check with your CO first, obviously.

gn3hz3ku1*
05-04-2007, 10:13 PM
I spoke with Matt's attorney today, and he said letters on LEO or military letterhead would carry extra weight. If you are in either service and want to write a reference letter for him, that would help a lot. Check with your CO first, obviously.

LEOs and military cant just be writing stuff on their organization's letter head.. that might just cause more trouble
cuz im sure i got some serious letter head stuffed away somewhere

Liberty1
05-04-2007, 10:25 PM
LEOs and military cant just be writing stuff on their organization's letter head.. that might just cause more trouble
cuz im sure i got some serious letter head stuffed away somewhere

Yes it would be hard to get the approval of those organizations as it would then become an official statement from that organization. However personal stationary from retired officials or degreed individuals who have gotten to know Matt's passion and heart felt beliefs through this board and other activities can help with letters to show that Matt is a productive and peaceful member of society. I think owners or officers of businesses/corporations can also help as they are recognized as leaders in private society.

I can only imagine but I think that these letters will help to establish Matt's character to the DA and Judge. This is but one tool in his defense against the fear based reaction to VT that helped imprison Matt.

If you've communicated with and or read Matt's posts, you know him albeit as BWO. Write a character letter please. It will mean a lot when the Judge gets presented with Dozens or Hundreds of letters. It could even mean the difference between sitting in jail or going home during the trial if we show he is an honorable man, trusted by his friends, not a danger to society, and not a flight risk.

This can be just as important as money.

anotherone
05-05-2007, 12:46 PM
He asks us to make sure everything we have is strictly within the letter of the law, and he warns, even if it is, it is probably not a good idea to post it on myspace.

I know as a fact that there are fulltime governement employees in various law enforcement agencies who do nothing but monitor myspace. There have been a lot of AW busts from myspace. Remember that guy who had the photos of the AR-15 in the dorms who got popped? Of course that guy was guilty as charged which is a different thing, but still don't post pics on myspace.

pullnshoot25
05-05-2007, 3:08 PM
I see your logic and I agree wholeheartedly. I will make the proper adjustments and send it in!

spgk380
05-05-2007, 3:18 PM
Man, some of you guys know the LA County prison system quite well....in fact, perhaps a little too well ;)

1919_4_ME
05-05-2007, 3:38 PM
I wouldnt be posting your letters here as the DA is going to copy this page and use it in court as you were "Coached" on the letter.They will not use any of this info.In fact I wouldnt even be talking about BWO's case on this board especially with his attorneys request's....

6172crew
05-08-2007, 4:13 PM
Has anyone talked with Matt this week?, just wondering how hes doing is all.

Peorth
05-08-2007, 5:34 PM
Hi there guys, just want to mention a few updates.

Matt has been moved once again. He is now being held at North County Correctional Facility otherwise known as Wayside, this place is in a town called Castaic, near Valencia. His grandmother and a couple other relatives visited him on Sunday. I spoke to his grandmother and she said that he appeared a bit exhausted, did a little complaining about the crappy food, but is otherwise doing well. He was still able to maintain a positive attitude and a good sense of humor ...like always.

I also spoke to his grandmother regarding all of the support all of you have been giving matt. I cant even begin to describe how happy she sounded. Just by the sound of her voice i can tell her face lit up. It was soooo encouraging and consoling for her to know that he has sooo many supporters and people who believe in him.

She asked me to tell all of you that she is incredibly grateful for all of your support and that it means a lot to her and her family. I know she meant every word from the bottom of her heart...she was so happy.

Here's the link to the Wayside correctional facility inmate mail/correspondence address:

http://www.lasd.org/divisions/custody/pdc-east/pdce-custodyinfo.html

I looked for the link that has a more detailed outline of what you can and cant mail, but cant find it...i believe someone else has already posted it on another one of these threads.

Thanks again guys

6172crew
05-08-2007, 8:17 PM
Thanks for the update!:)

BTW my LASD buddy says the mails gets forwarded and the guy was just messing with ya.

tenpercentfirearms
05-08-2007, 8:59 PM
According to this

http://www.lasd.org/lasd_services/custody-services/mail_regulations.html

there is no separate address for Wayside. You send all of the mail to a general address and it gets sent on from there. I think you might be safe.

I am hoping to get a letter back to confirm he got our virtual card and money order. I will let you know if I get anything.

6172crew
05-08-2007, 9:15 PM
According to this

http://www.lasd.org/lasd_services/custody-services/mail_regulations.html

there is no separate address for Wayside. You send all of the mail to a general address and it gets sent on from there. I think you might be safe.

I am hoping to get a letter back to confirm he got our virtual card and money order. I will let you know if I get anything.

When I mentioned the mail issue to my buddy he said it was a "federal offense to mess with the mail and that the guy will get his mail."

I dont think we need to worry but its always good to ask questions.

ENVYGREEN
05-08-2007, 9:15 PM
they move inmates around in order to make more money. Everytime they move him they bill the state for the bus ride

SkyStorm82
05-09-2007, 6:46 PM
they move inmates around in order to make more money. Everytime they move him they bill the state for the bus ride

What are they billing the state for? Who told you this?

Deputies in County owned LASD buses drive all the inmates around.

proraptor
05-10-2007, 8:53 AM
Hi there guys, just want to mention a few updates.

Matt has been moved once again. He is now being held at North County Correctional Facility otherwise known as Wayside, this place is in a town called Castaic, near Valencia. His grandmother and a couple other relatives visited him on Sunday. I spoke to his grandmother and she said that he appeared a bit exhausted, did a little complaining about the crappy food, but is otherwise doing well. He was still able to maintain a positive attitude and a good sense of humor ...like always.

I also spoke to his grandmother regarding all of the support all of you have been giving matt. I cant even begin to describe how happy she sounded. Just by the sound of her voice i can tell her face lit up. It was soooo encouraging and consoling for her to know that he has sooo many supporters and people who believe in him.

She asked me to tell all of you that she is incredibly grateful for all of your support and that it means a lot to her and her family. I know she meant every word from the bottom of her heart...she was so happy.

Here's the link to the Wayside correctional facility inmate mail/correspondence address:

http://www.lasd.org/divisions/custody/pdc-east/pdce-custodyinfo.html

I looked for the link that has a more detailed outline of what you can and cant mail, but cant find it...i believe someone else has already posted it on another one of these threads.

Thanks again guys

Im glad his family knows we are behind him....Thank you for the update....