PDA

View Full Version : Anti-gun French presidential canidate (hijacked from THR)

The Soup Nazi
05-02-2007, 9:43 PM
Saw this on The High Road, I actually pay attention to the French Election too even though I've pretty much am set on the notion that they're screwed no matter what. The conservative canidate, Sarkozy, had this to say in regards to firearms and criminals:

"I would like to say one thing, in what is my conception of the Republic, security is the responsibility of the State, I am against militias, I am against the private ownership of firearms, and Im trying to make you think about that. If you are assaulted by an armed burglar, hell use his weapon more effectively than you anyway so youre risking your life. If the criminal is not armed and you are and you shoot, your life will be ruined, because killing someone over a theft is not in line with the republican values that are mine. The private ownership of firearms is dangerous. I understand your exasperation for having been burglarized two times, I understand the fear that your wife and daughter may have but the answer is in the efficiency of the police and the efficiency of the judiciary process, the answer is not in having guns at home."

http://www.armes-ufa.org/ufa/campagne2006/rtl-sarko-txt.asp
The link est en Francais so if you ne comprends pas, might be a little difficult to read.

Well, I guess after seeing the abysmal performance of the French regulars over the course of the 20th century, I guess Sarkozy is at least meanging well in acknowledgining his people's inability to defend themselves. :rolleyes:

Rem1492
05-02-2007, 9:53 PM
Yep that sums it up.

AJAX22
05-02-2007, 9:59 PM
There is no way of responding to that without an explative

**** that frog eating surendermonkey.

sorry for the profanity.

cartman
05-02-2007, 10:02 PM
guns are dangerous to the french they are always dropping them all the time

spgk380
05-02-2007, 10:14 PM
I agree, the French should not have guns.

05-02-2007, 10:23 PM
For the French to have guns is just arming those that choose to invade them.

jumbopanda
05-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Best quote ever:

"...efficiency of the police and the efficiency of the judiciary process..."

And most likely you're not going to kill someone over theft. When they see the gun, theres a 99+% chance that they will flee. If not, too bad for them.

CalNRA
05-03-2007, 3:08 AM
that's what you get for letting in Hungarian aristocrats

WokMaster1
05-03-2007, 7:42 AM
So if a rapist attempts to rape a woman, she should say, "OK, hurry up & get it over with, you fooking bas-tard. The police & judical system will catch you later."

I am so sorry for the French people. I am going to send flowers as a condolence for my friends in Paris if this turd gets elected.:mad:

MIKEUSMC2005
05-03-2007, 9:42 AM
It seems FRANCE has changed the color of their National ensign..

It's all WHITE!