PDA

View Full Version : Delayed release, it's been 3 weeks and i think I need help

sick5oh@yahoo.com
05-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Ok so I ppt a 1911, no big deal I own over 15 firearms from pistols to ar's , so ingo down to pick up my 1911 after the 10 day waiting period, and I have a letter from the DOJ saying Delayed Release, I had a issue as a juvinile, that's showing up now??? I don't know what has happen or changed but I called the DOJ and they saybi need a background check showing no case filed on a
Specific date, now I asked the DOJ to send me this requirement in writing and they stated they don't mail out or send out any info , and that tree is
Nothing in writing stating this
New change in paperwork, the lady at the DOJ stated that the Burau chief no longer accepts a "no criminal history on file" so I get a background check and it states that I have no felony, what is goin on??? When I asked the DOJ what they wanted they said
They need a "no case filed" what is
This? Please help

sick5oh@yahoo.com
05-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Updated ---/What's going on, I called the DOJ And they told me to fax overca copy of my record "$25.00" , not that is not enough, the DOJ is now telling me that they are no longer accepting "no felony record" background checks, THEN WHAT DO THEY WANT!!! The lady at the DOJ told me that I won't find any info on this new "rule" because it's so new, and I asked why and she said that the Bureau Chief just made this RULE...... hmmm out of thin air??? Why all of a sudden, I have over 10 pistols and rifles, and I love this hobby, me and my family enjoy spending time at the range, this is upsetting to feel like a criminal , I did have an issue when I was a minor and I learned from my mistake, but I don't see why this is effecting me now, can someone please help me???? THANK YOU CALGUNS!

Ron-Solo
05-07-2012, 11:53 PM
You need to contact the CalGuns Foundation. PM "Wildhawker" and don't post any more info regarding this issue on an open forum.

mrdd
05-07-2012, 11:59 PM
There is definitely something new cooking at the DOJ.

Purple K
05-08-2012, 1:14 AM
Cal the Foundation hotline at 1-800-556-2109

Munk
05-08-2012, 2:00 AM
I'm not going to echo what the others have said...

But seriously, WTF is this crap?

Also, Please keep us updated as much as possible (within the confines of legal advisability at least).

Librarian
05-08-2012, 4:36 PM
Closed.

New thread, if appropriate, when more info is available.