PDA

View Full Version : **Sacramento** We need your help to vote out brady campaign city councilmember

mag360
05-07-2012, 6:22 PM
We need to move quick. The absentee ballots get sent out in 3 weeks I believe and are counted on the June 5 primary voting. Post up if you are willing to walk for Netto or donate and we can figure out when we can get a time together. The dates that work good for me are the 12th, 19th, and 26th. We can do one or all three. We would be walking/passing out flyers/yard signs from about approximately 10am to 6pm on each day, or one of the days (or part there-of, of a day). This is grassroots!

I have spoken with some of the groups supporting Mitch Netto and personally met with Mitch. http://netto2012.com/ He will be a really good choice over McCarty. A has been posted before McCarty only does what helps McCarty and he is blatant anti-gun. McCarty will be the next Darrel Steinberg if he makes it to the Assembly. Will vote against gun stuff just to vote against it, even if it makes good public policy. The guy does not believe that anyone in Sacramento should be able to own a gun. McCarty voted in support of the city ammo thumbprint/registration ordinance and also OPENLY wrote support for AB962 the statewide mailorder ammo ban and ammo registration. He was quoted in a brady campaign blog on AB962 as well.

Not sure "how big" we can/want to go with this. The campaign can use both $ and volunteers. I do know that anything we can do will help. Unless you want a KNOWN anti-gun person (McCarty) to run for assembly in 2014, he has to be defeated now.

McCarty has the backing of the nurses, fire and police unions. It will not be easy to beat him if he runs in 2014.
Here is the first thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=568297) I started that talks about some of the stuff McCarty has done that did not benefit the neighborhood at all.

Mitch wants to help bring businesses to the city and streamline permits. From personally speaking with restaurant owners it is *really* bad, many even do their own small changes without permits and "beg for forgiveness" from the city if they didn't get the permit to say, expand a patio on their restaurant. Example, McCarty has been actively trying to keep a McDonalds from opening up on stockton boulevard near the med center. He says it is not a healthy choice. There is not a McDonalds near there. McCarty got the city to move the UC Davis med center from Oak Park district, to his district so he could have more power in money going to his area.

Can we have someone connected with Pink Pistols reach out to them? Mitch is a strong supporter of the LGBT crowd.

Any way we can have a CRPA or NRA email go out to Sacramento area members who may be interested in helping out, or at least be informed to tell friends and family that they have an alternative to voting for an Anti gun brady campaigner that will try and run for assembly in 2014.

This is evolving as we go, maybe we can even do a BBQ (or just go to a bbq spot afterwards).

Update 5/12 1:07pm from the Netto campaign director.

Other dates that can work.

May 19 2012 Precinct Walking

May 20 2012 Precinct Walking

We also walk weekly from 5-7:30

repr patriot
05-07-2012, 7:11 PM
Better get going the 'McCarty' signs are already showing up on lawns in force.

mag360
05-07-2012, 7:16 PM
Not in front of my house! I've noticed a good amount of Netto signs in the past week pop up too. If anyone lives in District 6, works here, has friends or relatives here, and want a sign, pm me and I'll get one to you.

this is district 6. http://netto2012.com/district-6/

repr patriot
05-07-2012, 7:26 PM
Unfortunately I am no longer in the area. Another unfortunate thing is that the contacts I still have in District 6 are all leftists and love McCarty. Otherwise I would be all over getting some signs from you. I wish you the best in getting McCarty OUT!!!

mag360
05-09-2012, 7:42 PM
Ok guys/gals, we can do this!

Ever heard of your enemys enemy is your friend? We seriously have a chance to preemptive strike at the heart of anti-gun politicians. We need to pounce on this. Everyone on here talks about "get pro gun people started at the local level", well that is right now.

Can someone contact the local tea party group?
How about the pink pistols?
Seriously how about an NRA and CRPA voting advisory email to all Sacramento county members.

I think the 12th is too close lets shoot for the 19th and if another date works in the future we can figure that out.

Meet at the Starbucks on Folsom boulevard, there is plenty of parking and we will split up from there.

8393 Folsom Blvd Ste 1, Sacramento, CA 95826 by Julliard/between Watt and Howe ave in the Raleys shopping center.

I will coordinate with Netto to get us flyers and signs to pass out.

Lets roll!!

Stonewalker
05-09-2012, 9:52 PM
I'm in for the 19th. I've never volunteered for a political campaign before but I'm very happy to contribute my time now! I just bought a house in Sacramento last year so I really care about improving this place in addition to moving civil rights forward!

Some ideas/questions

How can I help without a car? I will likely not have a car that day. I can probably get to the Starbucks but I will need to buddy-up from there.

If I do have access to a car that day, I want to use it to benefit everybody as much as possible.

Suppose volunteers don't have time to educate themselves on Netto - will you have a basic schpeel we can give, come the 19th?
I am acquainted with several business owners in the Midtown/Curtis Park area, let's use those 'ins' to our advantage. Seems like Netto would be an attractive candidate to small business owners.
WHAT IS THE MEET UP TIME ON SATURDAY MAY 19th?

Feel free to PM or email me!

mag360
05-10-2012, 6:11 AM
thinking through this right now. On mobile at work. I can fit 5 people in my Jeep so no worries on car. Lets say 10am.

mag360
05-11-2012, 6:09 PM
Any takers? We are up to TWO people confirmed so far. The brady's probably have at least 6 helping out against us. Get your butt out here on saturday and lets make some progress.

bueller? bueller???

oaklander
05-11-2012, 6:11 PM
All,

Please step up - we will be doing a lot of this in coming months. We should start now!!!

GOEX FFF
05-11-2012, 8:56 PM
Bump

Damn... Im in So Cal. wish I could help :(

Good luck guys!

tbhracing
05-11-2012, 8:58 PM
Tagged. Will come back and see what I can do.

mag360
05-11-2012, 9:06 PM
All,

Please step up - we will be doing a lot of this in coming months. We should start now!!!

Oak-thanks, yes I wish I could have gotten this started even sooner.

anyone who's interested: They can place us with people that have done this before so don't be shy! You are really just getting to chat with your neighbors and talk about whatever they like/don't like that is going on with the city. (and hopefully we can get keep an anti-gunner from being elected).

p.s. you don't have to be in the city/our district to help out. Lots of cool places to eat in Sacramento now too.

AndrewMendez
05-11-2012, 10:46 PM
It amazes me that we can not get more people for this same effort.
I am in the 32nd District, and we are trying to get David Miller into Congress (http://www.vote4miller.net/) against 2 Anti Gun career politicians. CalGuns.net, and several others have already backed him. This is exactly the type of stuff we need to have going EVERY ELECTION. This is how we will change California. This is how we will stop having to fight against Anti Gun bills...because they just won't make it.

Sacramento...step up.

If you want someone to endorse, let it be known. Be ready with their credentials, and a report card from the NRA, and who their opponents are. WE CAN Change this Country.

mag360
05-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Do I have to start bribing people, LOL. My girlfriend (bandit1911) is not hard on the eyes and perhaps she'll wear some short shorts and bring some friends too. I thought we'd have a battalion of volunteers. I've got TWO (well 3 if I count bandit). But hey two is better than NONE. If we get enough people it would be fun to do a BBQ at Tahoe Park or something.

I posted up some other dates in the first post, we can also do weeknights if you would prefer. But the weekends are the most productive.

AndrewMendez
05-12-2012, 2:34 PM
Do I have to start bribing people, LOL. My girlfriend (bandit1911) is not hard on the eyes and perhaps she'll wear some short shorts and bring some friends too. I thought we'd have a battalion of volunteers. I've got TWO (well 3 if I count bandit). But hey two is better than NONE. If we get enough people it would be fun to do a BBQ at Tahoe Park or something.

I posted up some other dates in the first post, we can also do weeknights if you would prefer. But the weekends are the most productive.

Talk to people about what's wrong with the Country...and they will go on and on about how it's time to gix the Country....ask for people to step up, and you for some reason....nobody responds. Very few members have the courage to step up.

I work 50-60 hours a week, and I have a family...but, I still manage to find a few hours a week, to help out with my local project.

RP1911
05-12-2012, 2:56 PM
Put me down as possible. If not precinct walk, I can do other stuff.

oaklander
05-12-2012, 6:57 PM

Cool!!!

Thanks Brother!!!

mag360
05-12-2012, 8:15 PM
as a sidenote I had a good convo today with a lobbyist for the building/construction industry. He is a pro freedom a "roderick wright" democrat, not a gun guy like me, but told me he would never vote against it simply from a freedom aspect. He mainly runs local/regional campaigns. He HAS gotten people elected. Even said he was impressed how many dems the NRA supported this year. I told him they are finally learning!

He then COMPLETELY agreed that we need to CUT OFF the head of the anti gunners. It is simple.

At the local level, you get them out of office before they hurt you. Concentrate your greatest effort here and you won't be screaming from the sidelines while guys like DeLeon and Portantino run through anti gun bills every year. We need to be more engaged at the local level.

oaklander
05-12-2012, 8:16 PM
as a sidenote I had a good convo today with a lobbyist for the building/construction industry. He is a pro freedom a "roderick wright" democrat, not a gun guy like me, but told me he would never vote against it simply from a freedom aspect. He mainly runs local/regional campaigns. He HAS gotten people elected. Even said he was impressed how many dems the NRA supported this year. I told him they are finally learning!

He then COMPLETELY agreed that we need to CUT OFF the head of the anti gunners. It is simple.

At the local level, you get them out of office before they hurt you. Concentrate your greatest effort here and you won't be screaming from the sidelines while guys like DeLeon and Portantino run through anti gun bills every year. We need to be more engaged at the local level.

Yes!

mag360
05-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Yes!

Just thought of this.

The building industry lobby is pretty strong and politically well connected. What if they teamed up with the NRA (even unofficially) to double-team the #winning. Both sides like less regulation, thats a win. Seriously the anti-gun folks are nothing politically. They just happen to piggy back onto people who are already anti gun in the first place, or see it as a cheap "tough on crime" talking point to stupid people who don't know the difference.

They have these stupid talking points that are so easy to shoot holes in. "getting guns off the street". That means they probably supported a ban on home based FFL's, an ammo registration scheme ala Sacramento, a "safe gun list" (really just a revenue driver for the DOJ), etc. SB15 was the handgun roster, that was Richard Polanco's bill, from district 22 (east la?) (now DeLeon's district). What is up with east LA latino's that hate freedom?? Get a win in this district, and Steinberg's (the 6th, sacramento) and heck our problems might be solved. We lost in the senate by 1 vote on the open carry ban in 2011.

What happens in these main urban areas is you tend to get people who for whatever reason think that making it difficult for legal gun owners will somehow reduce crime. They then expand on that. Trust me, the Brady Campaign does not have a group of millions of people who are backing them. They just are a load hissing cat of probably 10,000 people max nationwide that media and stupid politicians are drawn to. Anti-freedom folks.

:TFH:

it is almost like we dont want to win at the local level. lets change that.

:43:

oaklander
05-13-2012, 9:37 PM

Also +1 for that thing. You are a good part of our unofficial team.

ALL - we are all part of a team. And not only that, just hanging out with other freedom folks is always totally fun!

I git my start signing up members for a respected national group. And, heck, we just did it because it was fun - AND - we were/are working to restore a RIGHT.

;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oaklander
05-13-2012, 9:39 PM
Just thought of this.

The building industry lobby is pretty strong and politically well connected. What if they teamed up with the NRA (even unofficially) to double-team the #winning. Both sides like less regulation, thats a win. Seriously the anti-gun folks are nothing politically. They just happen to piggy back onto people who are already anti gun in the first place, or see it as a cheap "tough on crime" talking point to stupid people who don't know the difference.

They have these stupid talking points that are so easy to shoot holes in. "getting guns off the street". That means they probably supported a ban on home based FFL's, an ammo registration scheme ala Sacramento, a "safe gun list" (really just a revenue driver for the DOJ), etc. SB15 was the handgun roster, that was Richard Polanco's bill, from district 22 (east la?) (now DeLeon's district). What is up with east LA latino's that hate freedom?? Get a win in this district, and Steinberg's (the 6th, sacramento) and heck our problems might be solved. We lost in the senate by 1 vote on the open carry ban in 2011.

What happens in these main urban areas is you tend to get people who for whatever reason think that making it difficult for legal gun owners will somehow reduce crime. They then expand on that. Trust me, the Brady Campaign does not have a group of millions of people who are backing them. They just are a load hissing cat of probably 10,000 people max nationwide that media and stupid politicians are drawn to. Anti-freedom folks.

:TFH:

it is almost like we dont want to win at the local level. lets change that.

:43:

You read my mind! I was just thinking that EMPLOYEE SAFETY is a major thing that can be enhanced by allowing employees to carry.

oaklander
05-13-2012, 9:40 PM
You read my mind! I was just thinking that EMPLOYEE SAFETY is a major thing that can be enhanced by allowing employees to carry.

Think about why liquor stores in Oakland are rarely robbed now.

mag360
05-15-2012, 6:27 PM
bump, could really use some more helpers.

oaklander
05-15-2012, 10:38 PM
bump, could really use some more helpers.

Facebook?

mag360
05-16-2012, 12:11 AM
that might work...ill make a facebook post tomorrow. Stuck at work right now on cell phone.

oaklander
05-16-2012, 8:25 AM
that might work...ill make a facebook post tomorrow. Stuck at work right now on cell phone.

Do it as an "event" - then invite your friends!!!!

:D

ALSO - cross post on pages like Contra Costa Open carry, and the unofficial NRA page, and the Calguns Member pages, etc. . . The open carry people are really good about helping out of stuff like this. We are one team with them on most things now.

Stonewalker
05-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Mag360 and Oak, I am way into what you guys are throwing down! Lots of good stuff in this thread. I can't believe so few people have volunteered so far. Come on people, if you yourself cannot be directly involved then rack your brain for friends who would be interested. Just off the top of my head, I know 4 business owners that I'm on a first name basis with, and I've only lived in Sacramento for 3 years! These are valuable resources. We need to connect community resources like this, people who are invested in the city and the State. People who want to make things better.

Anyways, just re-iterating - I'M IN.

oaklander
05-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Mag360 and Oak, I am way into what you guys are throwing down! Lots of good stuff in this thread. I can't believe so few people have volunteered so far. Come on people, if you yourself cannot be directly involved then rack your brain for friends who would be interested. Just off the top of my head, I know 4 business owners that I'm on a first name basis with, and I've only lived in Sacramento for 3 years! These are valuable resources. We need to connect community resources like this, people who are invested in the city and the State. People who want to make things better.

Anyways, just re-iterating - I'M IN.

win!

mag360
05-16-2012, 2:51 PM
Facebook event! Good idea Oak.

click me (http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/464985180184756/)

Stonewalker
05-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Just bumping this for another attempt at getting more people involved. I'll see you there at 10am.

RP1911
05-18-2012, 4:47 PM
please expand on the description of the event/Netto on the FB page.

mag360
05-18-2012, 8:05 PM
yep, ill be there at 10!

mag360
05-18-2012, 8:23 PM
We will actually be going to their office right after we meet up at Starbucks, so if anyone just wants to meet over there it is at stockon blvd/ t st by subway, 1972 stockton blvd. I live real close to their office but I'll still drive over and meet at starbucks. See whoever is coming tomorrow! I picked the Starbucks in the raleys lot because there is plenty of parking and we can carpool. The parking by the med center is ALLLLLL screwed up. I can't even park on my own street, EVER, unless I have a pass, and dealing with the city is ridiculous at best.

mag360
05-19-2012, 1:20 PM
So we'll have to do something like this again. A surprising amount of people did not like at McCarty had supported anti gun causes and was backed by people who want more gun control.

I would really like to see large gun groups like the NRA and CRPA get involved in local politics. SF/Marin county, LA, Sacramento, that is where your anti-gun politicians come from and get their start. Chances are higher that efforts concentrated in these areas will reap good yields. Much more than supporting a republican from say Redding who is already pro-gun and would be voted out if he wasn't.

The funny thing is, it doesnt even take money. An army of volunteers got Obama elected, and a lot of 5 and 10 dollar donations to move-on.org

Bring that to the local level by partnering with pro-car rights, pro-gun rights, pro-off road rights, pro-small government groups and we would easily be able to beat back the "nanny staters, sierra clubbers, brady campaigners, eco-terrorists, etc.

somethin to think about. Me, i'll just keep doing my part.

Stonewalker
05-19-2012, 3:27 PM
Good working with you today! It was just me and Mag360, lame guys! We have an opportunity to hamstring an anti-gunner's path to state senate. This is important, we need more Calgunners out there.

tbhracing
05-19-2012, 5:38 PM
I had to work today. Please PM me next time and I'll be there.

mag360
05-19-2012, 5:43 PM
tbhracing- I'll let you know when we do it again. need to take oaklander up on making that coalition... Might try to done one next saturday too. I work next week night shift or I'd do it during the week too.

mag360
05-19-2012, 6:19 PM
So I can't go tomorrow, but they will be walking the district again. If you want to help out meet at the district 6 office at 1972 stockton blvd 10am, next to subway. You can also pick up a sign from them too if you just want to do that. Tell your neighbors!

cortayack
05-19-2012, 7:07 PM
Good luck.....

mag360
05-24-2012, 9:49 PM
Sound the alarm!

anyone who is available can meet at the campaign office at 1972 stockton blvd at 10am THIS SATURDAY the 26th or 12pm on Sunday to help out. I'll be over there on Saturday after getting 2-3 hours of sleep after working night shift so STEP UP!