PDA

View Full Version : Another [Very Disappointed] - Sig Pro SP2022 9mm

just_now
05-06-2012, 4:33 PM
I purchased the 2022 Sig at the Reseda store early last month and waited the normal ten days. On the day of the pick up, it took a while for the sales person to come back and explain the mix up. (Strange to believe I was the first customer to experience this problem)

Was informed that the store will have to contact Sig to correct the problem. Turners had absolutely no idea when they could correct this problem.

About a few days later, I got a phone call from Turners stating that the guns they received were wrong and needed to be sent back to Sig for correction. ETA is estimated to be two to three weeks.

Called today since I read on this forum that Turners received 70-100 guns, I was told that my gun did not find their way to the Reseda store and I will have to wait another week.

Since I have passed my dros pick up window and will have to waste my time to go to the store again to do the paper work. AND WAIT ANOTHER TEN DAYS for a now technically a refurbish gun. Oh, I was told that Turners will cover the dros fees, like it was open to debate.

I find it ironic that Turners would charge me a non refundable 30% if my paper work was rejected, it would be "fair world" if we could get a 30% discount for the mix up.

Turners did not create the problem, but should have handled the problem better.

*Don't sell products that you don't have in inventory.

*There is a service called overnight shipping regardless if Sig pays for it.

*Keep customers updated on the situation, they should be calling every customer affected with regular updates.

I know that the situation is pain for Turners and us, but we are not the ones that depend on customers to make money.

Lainezki
05-06-2012, 8:19 PM
I purchased the 2022 Sig at the Reseda store early last month and waited the normal ten days. On the day of the pick up, it took a while for the sales person to come back and explain the mix up. (Strange to believe I was the first customer to experience this problem)

Was informed that the store will have to contact Sig to correct the problem. Turners had absolutely no idea when they could correct this problem.

About a few days later, I got a phone call from Turners stating that the guns they received were wrong and needed to be sent back to Sig for correction. ETA is estimated to be two to three weeks.

Called today since I read on this forum that Turners received 70-100 guns, I was told that my gun did not find their way to the Reseda store and I will have to wait another week.

Since I have passed my dros pick up window and will have to waste my time to go to the store again to do the paper work. AND WAIT ANOTHER TEN DAYS for a now technically a refurbish gun. Oh, I was told that Turners will cover the dros fees, like it was open to debate.

I find it ironic that Turners would charge me a non refundable 30% if my paper work was rejected, it would be "fair world" if we could get a 30% discount for the mix up.

Turners did not create the problem, but should have handled the problem better.

*Don't sell products that you don't have in inventory.

*There is a service called overnight shipping regardless if Sig pays for it.

*Keep customers updated on the situation, they should be calling every customer affected with regular updates.

I know that the situation is pain for Turners and us, but we are not the ones that depend on customers to make money.

Did you cancel your order? I think they'll have their shipment on Tuesday. I would call back. I too ordered it from Reseda and my Dros is expiring on Tuesday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Low Light
05-07-2012, 8:52 AM

I can sympathize with you. Thanks for the update - seeing as how this is your first post here, it seems as thought you joined up to let people know about this and that's a good thing.

There are two things that come to mind with this sort of thing; one amazes me but the other explains it.

It is truly astounding that this is perpetuated in a free market society (and I truly believe that because it is, is one of the reasons why we see so many socio-financial norms breaking down these days - but that's a whole other post).

Furthermore, I believe it is perpetuated because there are so many g_ddam people living here (I mean, I was in Julian a month ago and there was a 20 minute wait, in line, for a port-a-potty with a mound of sh_t in it the size of a small hill, for christsake).

I feel bad for stores like the Fountain Valley store where there seem to be earnest, interested and friendly salespeople, but then there are stores like the Chino store. I for one, won't be shopping at either in the foreseeable future based on posts like yours. But based on the points above it doesn't seem to be much of a concern to Turner's (or a whole list of stores doing business these days).

Scary times, indeed (I've seen the these Zombies you keep talking about, and they look just like us!).

Lainezki
05-08-2012, 7:51 AM
Today is the last day of my DROS. Hopefully Reseda branch recieves the gun today.

MisplacedTexan
05-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Yeah, here's another new member (Just registered to respond). I didn't do the DROS paperwork, but they have my 30%. I purchased another firearm when I was told it was at least a 2 week wait, I can re-dros on Friday - that is assuming they get them in.:D