PDA

View Full Version : Fresno dealers see sales of guns soar

HowardW56
05-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Fresno dealers see sales of guns soar
Weapons makers can't keep pace with demand.
By Jim Guy - The Fresno Bee
Sunday, May. 06, 2012 | 12:00 AM

Blame it on the upcoming election, fear of crime or even the Mayan calendar, but Fresno gun dealers say business is booming.

"It's no joke," said Barry Bauer of Herb Bauer Sporting Goods. "We've got 500 guns on order that we can't get."

Read more here (http://www.fresnobee.com/2012/05/06/2827007/fresno-dealers-see-sales-of-guns.html):

Paul S
05-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Yes indeed....the Fresno experience is echoing what is happening across the country.

Smokeybehr
05-06-2012, 3:04 PM
They went to my 3 favorite FFLs. I bought my first guns from Fresno Firearms, did my last PPT at Herb Bauer's, and I've bought a bunch of mag rebuild kits and other goodies from PRK.

Zaskar
05-06-2012, 3:42 PM
I think that many of us saw this coming a longtime ago. I made all my purchases many months before. The true question, how out of hand will this become as we get closer to election day. Going to be very interesting within the next several months and those to follow.

Shrubmaster
05-07-2012, 1:08 AM
I've seen used guns going for new gun prices lately

mag360
05-07-2012, 9:00 AM
in the past 3 years i've always seen used guns going for *close* to new prices.

Why would someone not pay close to new price for a gun that has no gross cosmetic problems and feeds and shoots reliably? They aren't like cars where the paint job and parts start wearing out dramatically.

compulsivegunbuyer
05-07-2012, 10:07 AM
in the past 3 years i've always seen used guns going for *close* to new prices.

Why would someone not pay close to new price for a gun that has no gross cosmetic problems and feeds and shoots reliably? They aren't like cars where the paint job and parts start wearing out dramatically.

Because, why is it for sale? If you read gun forums, a large percentage of people do not send the gun back if it has problems. First thing they do is break out the sandpaper and files, and when it still does not work, they pitch it off for the next guy do deal with. How do I know it shoots reliably? Most dealers wont let you shoot first. It's used, and many manufactures only extend the warranty to the original buyer. Shipping alone both ways for repair will put it over the new price. It's not worth it. 30% off new, I might take a chance, otherwise, I'm saving $50 for no warranty and possible problems. No thanks.

kcbrown
05-07-2012, 6:29 PM
Because, why is it for sale? If you read gun forums, a large percentage of people do not send the gun back if it has problems. First thing they do is break out the sandpaper and files, and when it still does not work, they pitch it off for the next guy do deal with. How do I know it shoots reliably? Most dealers wont let you shoot first. It's used, and many manufactures only extend the warranty to the original buyer. Shipping alone both ways for repair will put it over the new price. It's not worth it. 30% off new, I might take a chance, otherwise, I'm saving $50 for no warranty and possible problems. No thanks.

And you call yourself a compulsive gun buyer... :D

pgg
05-07-2012, 8:24 PM
"It's no joke," said Barry Bauer of Herb Bauer Sporting Goods. "We've got 500 guns on order that we can't get."

That's not a problem.

When those guns finally come in, it's not like his staff at the firearm counter are going to actually acknowledge the existence of any customers, or know the first thing about what's in stock, much less anything about the actual guns.

Smokeybehr
05-07-2012, 11:06 PM
That's not a problem.

When those guns finally come in, it's not like his staff at the firearm counter are going to actually acknowledge the existence of any customers, or know the first thing about what's in stock, much less anything about the actual guns.

There's a certain CalGunner that works there, and he's not a chucklehead like most of the other mowrawns that suck up the oxygen in the store.

vantec08
05-08-2012, 5:04 AM
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=8652385

OleCuss
05-08-2012, 6:10 AM
I think that a good portion of the reason for the increase in sales was the ad campaign by PRK. Very clever ads which had appeal for men and women.

Kinsel83
05-08-2012, 6:45 AM
I'm glad I didnt listen to my wife, when she said "Stop buying guns and ammo!!! :no:"

NoJoke
05-08-2012, 7:35 AM
No joke! :cool: