PDA

View Full Version : CCW holster for LC9

supratreo
05-05-2012, 10:25 PM
hi, so i just picked up my LC9 today :D and now i'm in the market for a holster. this will be my primary carry weapon so i need a good holster. so far all i have found was the crossbreed MiniTuck that might be nice.
anyone have any experience with these or anything else you might recommend?

thanks

supratreo
05-07-2012, 9:21 AM
anyone?

X231
05-07-2012, 11:45 AM
I have a Crossbreed SuperTuck in horsehide for my LC9 and it's very comfy. Took 3 weeks to get.
Here is a cheaper/faster option http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger-LC9-IWB-Tuckable-Concealment-Hybrid-Holster-/290700529374?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43af1a0ede
I have one of these for my Sig 239. Probably not quite as good as the CB but worth the $ imo. Also if you order today you will probably have it by the end of the week. Good ebay seller.

** be aware that others have had issues with the IWBs engaging the mag release on the LC9. Wet a small area on both sides of the holster where the mag button rides and work a dimple into the holster for the mag button to ride in.

supratreo
05-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Thank you very much I def. Don't think I can wait 3 weeks. So which model of the CB would you compare the eBay one too? I was looking at the mini tuck because it was the smallest.
Thanks again

X231
05-07-2012, 11:59 AM
The ebay one is more like the SuperTuck. I too was looking at the MiniTuck but talked to CB and he recommended the SuperTuck.
Actually I shouldn't have said the CB is better. My CB is horsehide and the ebay one is leather .. I'm comparing apples to oranges. If you need it soon that makes your choice easy ;)

supratreo
05-07-2012, 1:45 PM
Well I'm not even familiar with holsters unless they're polymer anyway. Do you know if there is a big difference between the minituck and super tuck? The LC9 is pretty small so I figured the minituck would suit it well but if the supertuck is similar I'll just get the eBay one.

X231
05-07-2012, 2:52 PM
I can't give you any info on the MiniTuck as I've never seen one outside of a pic. As far as I know it's just a smaller version of the SuperTuck. Crossbreed told me that the Mini was more suited for the LCP and that the SuperTuck distributed the weight over a larger area. The size of the SuperTuck has never been an issue for me and there have been times I had to "feel" to make sure I still had my gun because it carries that good.
Here's a site that another member posted that I was unaware of .. they may have something there you might like.
My opinion fwiw is that there is not alot of difference between all of the hybrid IWB holsters as long as the Kydex is formed properly .. don't ask how I know this :cuss:

supratreo
05-07-2012, 4:57 PM
Thanks. I think I'll contact the eBay seller tonight. What is the difference between the 2 types of leather? Is one just stiffer?

X231
05-07-2012, 6:04 PM
Oops! forgot to post the link
http://www.crossbreedseconds.com/index.php?sort=code&order=0

I'm no expert but I think the horsehide is supposed to deal with moisture better than leather. I know the material costs more.

Blarson
05-07-2012, 9:37 PM
I own a crossbreed mini tuck in horse hide, for my Ruger LCP (very similar to your LC9). I wear this holster nearly every day, and LOVE it! It is by far the most comfortable holster I have worn and the gun literally dissapears under almost any clothing. I can post some pic's of my set up if you want. I highly recomend the crossbreed super or mini tuck, you won't regret your purchase. And the horse hide is meant for sweaty hot California weather. And in my opinion, the horse hide looks better as it breaks in and gets used regularly.

Blarson
05-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Here is my Springfield XDM compact .40 in a crossbreed supertuck, and my Ruger LCP in a Crossbreed Minituck. Both in horsehide. The Minituck is well worn and broken in, and the Supertuck is brand new. You cant really tell in the picture, but the Minituck has a nice curve broken into it now, where the new holster is still flat. Hope this helps!

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/dairdevil9/IMG_2834.jpg

supratreo
05-07-2012, 10:33 PM
thanks but i ordered the ebay one a couple hours ago haha. he has a money back guarantee so i'll see how it is but thank you for that pic, really helps me out.

is there a difference between the LCP and LC9? they look the same. reason i ask is because i can get a holster for a LCP for a good deal. wouldn't hurt to have 2 :)

Blarson
05-07-2012, 11:09 PM
thanks but i ordered the ebay one a couple hours ago haha. he has a money back guarantee so i'll see how it is but thank you for that pic, really helps me out.

is there a difference between the LCP and LC9? they look the same. reason i ask is because i can get a holster for a LCP for a good deal. wouldn't hurt to have 2 :)

The LCP is much smaller (.380) than the LC9 so it wouldnt fit in an LCP holster. However, the kydex is reshapable, so I you find a similar sized CB type holster that is cheaper, you can reshape it to your LC9 ( but it is def. at your own risk).

supratreo
05-07-2012, 11:19 PM
naa i'll just pass then, it was just an idea. thank you guys. i'll update when i get the ebay holster.

zum
06-25-2012, 10:22 AM
update?

supratreo
06-25-2012, 10:25 AM
sorry forgot that haha.

got the ebay one and love it. gun fits a little tight but i'll fix that. leather is breaking in good. i use this all the time. not bad for the price.