PDA

View Full Version : bayonets on the plane,

savageevo
05-01-2007, 8:04 PM
I am planning on buying a chinese ak bayonet. Is it legal to put that in my tool box and check it in. Am I going to have some problems with TSA if they find that through x-ray. I do have pointed screwdrivers, sharp knife for cutting boxes and such in there and no problems with those. Thanks for your input.

James R.
05-01-2007, 8:23 PM
I am planning on buying a chinese ak bayonet. Is it legal to put that in my tool box and check it in. Am I going to have some problems with TSA if they find that through x-ray. I do have pointed screwdrivers, sharp knife for cutting boxes and such in there and no problems with those. Thanks for your input.

You can have knives in checked luggage, just not in carry on.

Regards,

James R.

kilword
05-01-2007, 8:27 PM
watch out for them motha fkn snakes!

kap
05-01-2007, 8:39 PM
As I was running through the New Orleans airport I could have sworn that I saw a sign stating they you can not bring knives longer than 4 inches on the plane. Seemed odd, but I was in a hurry so I didn't inquire.

gn3hz3ku1*
05-01-2007, 8:46 PM
luggage and u will be fine.. i know someone who has done that

moulton
05-01-2007, 8:55 PM
I have checked a m-16 bayonet and a CRKT m-16 without any problems:rolleyes:

savageevo
05-01-2007, 9:03 PM
thanks all. for your input

DedEye
05-01-2007, 9:04 PM
As I was running through the New Orleans airport I could have sworn that I saw a sign stating they you can not bring knives longer than 4 inches on the plane. Seemed odd, but I was in a hurry so I didn't inquire.

That was the pre-9/11 law (seriously).

I'd rather have the bayonet on me in case the snakes attacked :D.

SemiAutoSam
05-01-2007, 9:06 PM
For anyone that flies You will need the bayonets for the Snakes that are on the plane.

One snake one bayonet thats the motto.

triaged
05-02-2007, 1:02 AM

I'd rather have the bayonet on me in case the snakes attacked :D.why the "seriously"? I have carried a knife almost every day since I was 16. I carried my buck knife on a plane many times (and my finger nail clipper, etc.). It pisses me off that I always have to check baggage now and risk it getting lost:mad:

kap
05-02-2007, 1:24 AM

I'd rather have the bayonet on me in case the snakes attacked :D.

I know, that's why I was a little surprised to see the board with that posted on it. Seems like they are a little behind with their signage or interested in confiscating weapons. :rolleyes: