PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

ibanezfoo
05-01-2007, 6:20 PM
Just wanted to say Hi! I found this forum through another forum while searching for gun stuff. I live in Orange County. Been shooting as long as I can remember... I own a small arsenal, which grows little by little each year. Going to pick up my new Bushmaster top load Carbon 15 on Friday (I know...I know... but this IS Kalifornia, and it was easily obtainable). My wife loves to go shooting with me, though we don't go as often as we'd like. There was actually a contingency on the Bushmaster, I could buy it as long as she got to shoot it first. :) Where do you guys shoot? We usually drive out to the middle of the Mojave and blaze away with the high power stuff... otherwise we just go to the local indoor ranges with the pistols.

Well, just wanted to say Hi before I posted anything else on this board. I hope to learn a thing or two, you all seem pretty wise about this stuff.

PS. Anyone know a good place to pick up some synthetic pearlescent grips for a Ruger NEW MODEL Vaquero?

-Bryan

shinigami
05-01-2007, 6:26 PM
Welcome to Calguns :D

slick_711
05-01-2007, 6:32 PM
Welcome to Calguns! I used to be an OC type myself. Glad to have you & your wife join our little online community.

As to the grips, the first two places I thought to check:

MidwayUSA Grips, but no Pearl for NV (http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/browse?TabID=7&Categoryid=17806&categorystring=10613***662***12658***8620***)

Ajax Pearlite Grips @ Brownells (http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=127&title=REVOLVER+EXOTIC+GRIPS)

I'm sure there's other options out there, check around with the online shops a bit. :)

69Mach1
05-01-2007, 7:56 PM
Welcome to the board.:)

ghost
05-01-2007, 8:06 PM
welcome to the board:D

you`ll find answers to your questions here,if not ask a fellow member.

ivanimal
05-02-2007, 1:05 AM
Welcome!

I have had good luck with AJAX grips on my cowboy guns.

QuickOnTheDraw
05-02-2007, 7:21 AM
Welcome to Calguns!

Surveyor
05-02-2007, 8:04 AM
Welcome to Calguns.

I predict that within two months time, you will mill out that carbon 15's mag well and install a Prince50 mag lock ;) . I prefer Bullet Buttons on my builds, but I hear that the carbon receiver is too fragile to pound in a BB.

By the way, you have just began your downward spiral into Black Rifle Addiction. It's kind of like heroin but more expensive and habit forming :D .

ibanezfoo
05-02-2007, 1:32 PM
Thanks guys! :D

ibanezfoo
05-02-2007, 1:48 PM
Welcome to Calguns.

I predict that within two months time, you will mill out that carbon 15's mag well and install a Prince50 mag lock ;) . I prefer Bullet Buttons on my builds, but I hear that the carbon receiver is too fragile to pound in a BB.

By the way, you have just began your downward spiral into Black Rifle Addiction. It's kind of like heroin but more expensive and habit forming :D .

Heh It all started with my Mini14. I had CA-Legal plans for it then Turners goes and sends me their sale ad with the Carbon15 on it.... Now, I read all about the OLL and stuff, but with my horrendously bad luck I've stayed away, not wanting to be made an example of like some others I've read about. I figure if Turners can advertise and sell it than that should minimize my harassment a bit (hoping anyway...). I've read good and bad things about it... I just want it to last me until I leave this state for somewhere that believes a little more in freedom.

Hehe, what happened with the AR is a number of years ago I went to a local shop and they had a Bushmaster XM15 16" and a Beretta 92FS stainless with night sights. I wanted both but could only afford one... they were the same price. I figured since I lived up the street from the Riverside Magnum Range, I would shoot the Beretta a lot more.... as it turns out, the Bushmaster was banned less than a year later.... and today I can still buy as many Berettas as I want! So once I saw the add for the Carbon15 I told myself "I ain't making THAT mistake again" and ran out and grabbed it. I will chalk it up as my overpriced intro into the "black rifle" realm and it will have to tide me over until I leave PRK. :D I just need to find a good source for ammo. I only have a few hundred rounds of .223 that I got for my Mini14 but I suspect I will burn through that the first time I take out the AR :)

-Bryan

hardkore909
05-02-2007, 4:09 PM
Welcome. Im new here too and left arfcom since there are too many rude and unhelpful people there.

grammaton76
05-02-2007, 4:14 PM
Welcome. Im new here too and left arfcom since there are too many rude and unhelpful people there.

Hey wait, you're saying we aren't rude and unhelpful enough? Geez, we're trying... Kestryll's been sending the moderators to insensitivity training, but we apparently aren't crusty enough yet... :)

ibanezfoo
05-02-2007, 5:01 PM

I'm not familliar with arfcom... I don't usually join in on too many forums because it usually just degrades into petty bash fests with everyone knowing everything anything and anything you own sucks while what others have is the best ever etc. BUT, poking around this forum folks seem, well, normal (haha no insult! normal to me :D ) ...so far anyway. I'm also on the harmonycentral forums (heh, got an ignorant anti-gunner vs. gun enthusiast thread going.....in the AMP forum, go figure hehe :p )

-Bryan

taloft
05-02-2007, 7:04 PM
I'm not familliar with arfcom... I don't usually join in on too many forums because it usually just degrades into petty bash fests with everyone knowing everything anything and anything you own sucks while what others have is the best ever etc.

Give it time, the night is young.:D Fortunately, it seldom gets to that point on Calguns. The members tend to police themselves and the Admin/Mods are quick to squash the nonsense. We prefer to discuss our common interest in firearms. I would rather spend my time expanding my knowledge base, and helping others to expand theirs, than feed the trolls. Besides, everyone knows that the best gun in the world is the one in your hand when the SHTF.:p :D

PistolPete75
05-02-2007, 8:14 PM
welcome..

05-02-2007, 9:56 PM
Welcome. I'm sure that you will find this to be a very helpful forum.

C.G.
05-03-2007, 6:57 PM
And one more welcome.:)