PDA

View Full Version : Why do we hide?

KenpoProfessor
05-01-2007, 3:13 PM
In light of BWO's arrest and loss of weapons, it brings about a new awareness of where we are as gun owners, collectors, and users. I've seen many posts here describing the scary pics:eek: BWO had on his Myspace page, and that it was stupid to put them there. So for those of that belief, why would you say that? As citizens, we all have our Constitutional rights, and from what I read, we have the right to put these 1st amendment pictures and statements of our 2nd amendment rights out there, then to have our 4th amendment rights trampled on because someone got scared of our other 2:( .

We know having an NRA sticker on our car, wearing gun or ammo manafacture clothing is bad when around cops. WHY:confused: ? Are we all psycho because we like guns? Why do cops harass those with anything related to firearms? I realize that much of this is geographic discrimination but c'mon.

Why do people feel the need to closet their gun views? Hell, we have ILLEGAL Aliens in the streets of LA today and nothing happens, and our own citizens are getting thrown in jail for obeying the law. The government is treating gun owners as terrorists and instilling fear for the mere possession of a firearm, and the sheeple are buying into the mentality.

I think that if most of us were more open about our gun views it might have more effect than you can imagine. Letting people know you're not some whacked out murderer ready to go on a rage the second someone pisses you off. Come to think about it, most of these guys that committed these heinous crimes only had 1-2 guns. It was all they needed. I, like many here, have many more than that, and if I was to go on a spree, I wouldn't know which ones to take, much like your wife or girlfriend trying to find something to wear to go out LOL .

Anyway, enough rambling. People, please, come out of the closet and MAYBE, the LEOs and government will see who we really are and not be so scared. I've managed to change at least one CHP's idea of what an equal CCW law could do to help him, and he liked the idea :D .

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

grammaton76
05-01-2007, 3:27 PM
Heh, "closeted" gun owners have been a pet peeve of mine since before I came onto Calguns. My guns' pics are on the internet, but they're not on Myspace. It's not because I'm afraid of Myspace... it's because Myspace sucks. :)

Michael303
05-01-2007, 3:35 PM
We hide because it’s not a fair fight. According to our Bill of Rights, BWO is innocent until proven guilty. The unfortunate reality is that BWO is guilty until he spends enough on lawyers to purchase his freedom.

Somebody reports a picture on they saw on Myspace of a guy with a gun and the police storm in. Meanwhile, pictures of marijuana plants and underage drinking abound on people’s profiles. No investigations or punishments there. If I remember correctly, there was a member who made an American flag out of ammo and FAL mags. We thought it was great, but others freak out over that.

I freely admit that I am a gun owner, but it unnerves me to think that I could get an unfriendly visit because of a misinformed citizen is trying to do the right thing (just like that guy with the sword who thought he heard a rape). And living in an apartment complex only magnifies my exposure. I did have a few pictures up on Myspace at one point, but I can’t afford to prove my innocence.

simonov
05-01-2007, 3:36 PM
My guns (dozens of them) are proudly displayed on my Flickr account.

http://guntards.net/forum/img/smilies/iwojima.gif

Super_tactical
05-01-2007, 3:40 PM
You have all read my views on this subject. ;)

blacklisted
05-01-2007, 3:47 PM
Because I currently do not have the means to fight bogus charges that threaten my freedom; I do not want to be a financial burden on my family.

Just wait a few years...;)

Crazed_SS
05-01-2007, 3:51 PM
I dont hide, I have gun pics on my myspace. I talk about guns all the time at work and have even gotten a number of co-workers to come out shooting with me. They all had a blast. Just yesterday another guy asked me to take him to Turners and another older lady heard us talking about guns and came over telling us how her dad used to take her shooting and how she misses it.

The thing is, Im not gonna post OLL pics and throw it in everyone's face though. Most cops think all AR-15s are a big no no, period. Not worth the hassle IMO.

zenthemighty
05-01-2007, 3:53 PM
Everyone who knows me knows that I'm about as constitutionalist on the 2a as you can get. However, I don't go publicly posting pictures/vids of me rattling off rounds as fast as I can, holding my weapons in a menacing fashion, etc.

We're dealing with a very brainwashed public here. We can't look outlandish, particularly if you want to get them out to that first range session where 75% of the people have a come to Jesus moment and decide that shooting is a fun recreational activity.

I was converted by an Uncle who tried hard for years to get me out shooting again and get me back interested into the hobby. Understand, it took him years, but he kept at it. Since then I have proudly initiated 3 people into the joys of recreational shooting and they're now firearms owners themselves.

The first rule of trying to convert anyone to anything is not to appear to be a zealot. So some level of hanging out in the closet on this issue is fine IMHO.

KenpoProfessor
05-01-2007, 3:59 PM
Everyone who knows me knows that I'm about as constitutionalist on the 2a as you can get. However, I don't go publicly posting pictures/vids of me rattling off rounds as fast as I can, holding my weapons in a menacing fashion, etc.

We're dealing with a very brainwashed public here. We can't look outlandish, particularly if you want to get them out to that first range session where 75% of the people have a come to Jesus moment and decide that shooting is a fun recreational activity.

I was converted by an Uncle who tried hard for years to get me out shooting again and get me back interested into the hobby. Understand, it took him years, but he kept at it. Since then I have proudly initiated 3 people into the joys of recreational shooting and they're now firearms owners themselves.

The first rule of trying to convert anyone to anything is not to appear to be a zealot. So some level of hanging out in the closet on this issue is fine IMHO.

So what you're saying is that your Uncle wasn't in the closet and convinced you, after years no less. What if he'd never said anything, what would you be doing?

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

KenpoProfessor
05-01-2007, 4:00 PM
I dont hide, I have gun pics on my myspace. I talk about guns all the time at work and have even gotten a number of co-workers to come out shooting with me. They all had a blast. Just yesterday another guy asked me to take him to Turners and another older lady heard us talking about guns and came over telling us how her dad used to take her shooting and how she misses it.

The thing is, Im not gonna post OLL pics and throw it in everyone's face though. Most cops think all AR-15s are a big no no, period. Not worth the hassle IMO.

My point exactly, EBRs scare cops, why? They have them and use them and know what they're capable of, so why, in the hands of civilans, are they scary?

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Super_tactical
05-01-2007, 4:01 PM
Found this on someone's myspace page.

OMIGOSH!!! Terrorists!!!!!!

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4042/girlsgunsmm0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

KenpoProfessor
05-01-2007, 4:03 PM
Because I currently do not have the means to fight bogus charges that threaten my freedom; I do not want to be a financial burden on my family.

Just wait a few years...;)

This answer is probably the most respectable, thank you for being honest.

But on the other hand, the less we talk or post pics, the less information gets out to the general public and the scarier firearms get.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

zenthemighty
05-01-2007, 4:04 PM
So what you're saying is that your Uncle wasn't in the closet and convinced you, after years no less. What if he'd never said anything, what would you be doing?

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde
Yse and No. In fact it was his zealous nature that kept poor misinformed me from going to the range with him for a while.

Presentation is everything my friend. The more "Normal" you appear the more willing people will be to take what you say on face value.

KenpoProfessor
05-01-2007, 4:05 PM
Found this on someone's myspace page.

OMIGOSH!!! Terrorists!!!!!!

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4042/girlsgunsmm0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Let's hope they're not in college, someone will see this and freak out.:eek:

BTW, I noticed not one had their finger on the trigger and the guns were pointed safely away, NICE. I think the only thing that picture needs is a US Flag in the background.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

jnojr
05-01-2007, 4:06 PM
"BWO"??? http://www.glocktalk.com/images/smilies/headscratch.gif

Super_tactical
05-01-2007, 4:07 PM
"BWO"??? http://www.glocktalk.com/images/smilies/headscratch.gif

"Blackwaterops" Forum member

Crazed_SS
05-01-2007, 4:12 PM
My point exactly, EBRs scare cops, why? They have them and use them and know what they're capable of, so why, in the hands of civilans, are they scary?

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

It's not so much that the EBR scares cops, as much is it's the fact that they think AR-15s and AKs are totally illegal here in California (unless they were registered 7 yrs ago). If I live in the Arizona or Texas, I wouldnt think twice about posting an AR because everyone pretty much knows they're legal.

In California, it's the complete opposite. Everyone here seems to think they're totally illegal. Most people, Including LEOs, arent spun up on the OLL situation, so if someone is showing an AR-15 it's gonna draw some attention in California.

KenpoProfessor
05-01-2007, 4:16 PM
It's not so much that the EBR scares cops, as much is it's the fact that they think AR-15s and AKs are totally illegal here in California (unless they were registered 7 yrs ago). If I live in the Arizona or Texas, I wouldnt think twice about posting an AR because everyone pretty much knows they're legal.

In California, it's the complete opposite. Everyone here seems to think they're totally illegal. Most people, Including LEOs, arent spun up on the OLL situation, so if someone is showing an AR-15 it's gonna draw some attention in California.

Which is once again yet another reason to voice your rights and the law to those you know, and to those you don't. I can't tell you how many people at the range I've convinced to buy OLLS, and shown them the proof via a lower and BB. They freaked, then laughed, and now they're buying them, and convincing others to do so as well.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

grammaton76
05-01-2007, 4:17 PM
They're scary because most folks think guns are eeevil.

I was in a jewelry store getting my gf's (now fiance's) ring back on the 21st, and while I was waiting for the diamond to get installed... one conversation thread lead to another, and they inquired what I did for a living.

My IT job in the week, and AK builder / CWS salesdork at gun shows.

Amusingly enough, the little old lady started spouting off stories about hunting caribou in her younger years, and the sales guy got excited about getting to play with a decent rifle here... turns out he lives in Nevada and is only here for college, and has been missing his toys. :)

It was kinda funny though, having the entire staff of a jewelry shop talking guns at once with the customers.

AJAX22
05-01-2007, 4:24 PM
I was talking with my wifes hairstylist here in LA and was telling stories of stupid stuff that my friends and I used to do when we were bored back home.

I started in on the one about riding dirtbikes and shooting targets at the same time and she says "Oh what kind of guns did you use"

to which I reply... "hmmm I think it was a sig, or an EAA wittness"

"You mean real guns?"..... akward silence.

Apparently it was a really cool story if they were fake or paintball, or bb, or airsoft, but real guns make it scary somehow.

I just don't get it.

Sam Hainn
05-01-2007, 4:35 PM
I don't think everyone is 'hiding'. Firearms aren't the only thing in the world for many people. When it comes to guns, i'd rather use it for second amendment issues rather plastering the internet with silly photos of my me or my guns. Some own hundreds of guns and it's no bigger deal to them than owning hundreds of other things. I won't put any bumper sticker on my car. I don't have clothing with Harley Davidson lables but i own more than one Harley. I see the need of MySpace for promotion & connecting to people, but most stuff on Myspace is stupid vanity. I don't go blabbing to people I own guns, cause it bores most people. But I have helped people learn to shoot, buy their guns, and have taken people shooting. i don't tell random people I have guns no different than telling people where I store pricey jewelry or cash. I don't put up photos of my guns at work but I also don't put up photos of my knives, bikes, tools, wine collection, or my house. I might put photos of my guns on the internet but I don't strike a goofy pose with my guns.

Everyone is different. I support the first amendment and BWO posting pics of himself with his guns casue it's the same thing as seeing pictures from the movie Heat, Ronin, or Scarface with actors holding guns. It's all entertainment and not hurting anbody. Pics and poses are not crimes the last time I checked, just goofy. If you don't do pics and posing doesn't mean you are hiding. It prolly just means you are modest. I do a lot for second amendment issues in CA but just cause I don't have a Myspace page or post photos of my guns all over doesn't mean I'm hiding. You might be NRA but it doesn't mean you're only NRA. You may be PTA, SCCA, AARP, your kids, or your job! Guns are just one facet of my life. They don't consume me. I'm not guns 24/7. I'm not hiding anything either.

jumbopanda
05-01-2007, 5:14 PM
I don't think everyone is 'hiding'. Firearms aren't the only thing in the world for many people. When it comes to guns, i'd rather use it for second amendment issues rather plastering the internet with silly photos of my me or my guns. Some own hundreds of guns and it's no bigger deal to them than owning hundreds of other things. I won't put any bumper sticker on my car. I don't have clothing with Harley Davidson lables but i own more than one Harley. I see the need of MySpace for promotion & connecting to people, but most stuff on Myspace is stupid vanity. I don't go blabbing to people I own guns, cause it bores most people. But I have helped people learn to shoot, buy their guns, and have taken people shooting. i don't tell random people I have guns no different than telling people where I store pricey jewelry or cash. I don't put up photos of my guns at work but I also don't put up photos of my knives, bikes, tools, wine collection, or my house. I might put photos of my guns on the internet but I don't strike a goofy pose with my guns.

Everyone is different. I support the first amendment and BWO posting pics of himself with his guns casue it's the same thing as seeing pictures from the movie Heat, Ronin, or Scarface with actors holding guns. It's all entertainment and not hurting anbody. Pics and poses are not crimes the last time I checked, just goofy. If you don't do pics and posing doesn't mean you are hiding. It prolly just means you are modest. I do a lot for second amendment issues in CA but just cause I don't have a Myspace page or post photos of my guns all over doesn't mean I'm hiding. You might be NRA but it doesn't mean you're only NRA. You may be PTA, SCCA, AARP, your kids, or your job! Guns are just one facet of my life. They don't consume me. I'm not guns 24/7. I'm not hiding anything either.

+1

It's not that I avoid bringing up guns because I'm worried about what people might think about me. It's just that I usually don't see a need to talk about the topic.

NoTime2Shoot
05-01-2007, 5:24 PM
Look for me hiding at Chabot at the July 4th shoot and Q. I'll be the one running between the firing line and the BBQ's.

donger
05-01-2007, 5:30 PM
Myspace is gay.

"Here's my life, look how cool I am!"

StukaJr
05-01-2007, 5:38 PM
There is a wide gap of a gray area between "hiding" and "flaunting" - while all of my co-workers, friends and family know that I'm a gun owner, that fact is unbeknown to local bangers, blogging community or other people whom don't need to know those things... I'd like to be in the middle - a personal collector, shooter and overall enthusiast as much as my other hobbies let me... If my behaviors do go out on the fringe of what's commonly acceptable, it won't be broadcast and nitpicked by everybody on the internet...

I do my part in taking people I know to the range when they inquire about guns and or interested in acquiring one - some have become gun owners since, some were just happy with having knowledge and experience... The same courtesy has been granted to me some years ago and so I now do the same. I meet those in fervent opposition to firearms rather rarely, as most of the people are occasional shooters or firearm owners but they don't wear it on their sleeve.

M. Sage
05-01-2007, 5:42 PM

Not everybody is, but there are forum members here who admit that they throw "disguises" on their gear to load it in the car for range trips. They don't want their neighbors to find out that there's a gun owner in their midst. I agree with Kenpo that THIS attitude actually hurts gun owners.

Here's my rant on the subject: http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=560545&postcount=25

And hey, sometimes we all need to strike a goofy pose for the camera (webcam, whatever). :p

So no, not wearing your gun ownership on your sleeve doesn't make you a "closet case," but there are those who try really hard to hide it.

NoTime2Shoot
05-01-2007, 5:50 PM
Not everybody is, but there are forum members here who admit that they throw "disguises" on their gear to load it in the car for range trips. They don't want their neighbors to find out that there's a gun owner in their midst. I agree with Kenpo that THIS attitude actually hurts gun owners.

:rofl

My neighbors have had me clear their house after a break in.

Took the cops 3.5 hours to get there after.

By that time I was almost done at the range.

My neighbors seem pretty comfortable with me and my firearms.

:shrug

Most folks at my shop complex know I pack. They don't care. Hell, since I'm there when its dark in the AM; they probably appreciate it.

:wave

Hi Lurkers.

spgk380
05-01-2007, 6:03 PM
I can offer at least one rational explanation for why you might not want to flaunt your firearms collection, just as you wouldn't advertise the contents of your wife's jewelry box on the internet: you don't want to invite thieves. Yes, alas, firearms still are useful little items for criminals---and at almost $2000 a pop sometimes, a better steal than many plasma TVs.

triggerhappy
05-01-2007, 6:04 PM
In light of BWO's arrest and loss of weapons, it brings about a new awareness of where we are as gun owners, collectors, and users. I've seen many posts here describing the scary pics:eek: BWO had on his Myspace page, and that it was stupid to put them there. So for those of that belief, why would you say that? As citizens, we all have our Constitutional rights, and from what I read, we have the right to put these 1st amendment pictures and statements of our 2nd amendment rights out there, then to have our 4th amendment rights trampled on because someone got scared of our other 2:( .

We know having an NRA sticker on our car, wearing gun or ammo manafacture clothing is bad when around cops. WHY:confused: ? Are we all psycho because we like guns? Why do cops harass those with anything related to firearms? I realize that much of this is geographic discrimination but c'mon.

Why do people feel the need to closet their gun views? Hell, we have ILLEGAL Aliens in the streets of LA today and nothing happens, and our own citizens are getting thrown in jail for obeying the law. The government is treating gun owners as terrorists and instilling fear for the mere possession of a firearm, and the sheeple are buying into the mentality.

I think that if most of us were more open about our gun views it might have more effect than you can imagine. Letting people know you're not some whacked out murderer ready to go on a rage the second someone pisses you off. Come to think about it, most of these guys that committed these heinous crimes only had 1-2 guns. It was all they needed. I, like many here, have many more than that, and if I was to go on a spree, I wouldn't know which ones to take, much like your wife or girlfriend trying to find something to wear to go out LOL .

Anyway, enough rambling. People, please, come out of the closet and MAYBE, the LEOs and government will see who we really are and not be so scared. I've managed to change at least one CHP's idea of what an equal CCW law could do to help him, and he liked the idea :D .

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Thank you for saying what has had me fuming for a long time now. Having complete IDIOTS looking at me like I'm a deviant for enjoying the ballistic arts. I say if you spend more money on cappucinos than ammo, YOU are the deviant!

Thanks, Clyde!

The Soup Nazi
05-01-2007, 6:11 PM
Showing off your heat wouldn't be a problem. If only you could trust your neighbors to not immediately rat you out in the case the government/invading forces decide to do seizures of firearms.

Intimid8tor
05-01-2007, 6:24 PM
There is a wide gap of a gray area between "hiding" and "flaunting" - while all of my co-workers, friends and family know that I'm a gun owner, that fact is unbeknown to local bangers, blogging community or other people whom don't need to know those things... I'd like to be in the middle - a personal collector, shooter and overall enthusiast as much as my other hobbies let me... If my behaviors do go out on the fringe of what's commonly acceptable, it won't be broadcast and nitpicked by everybody on the internet...

I do my part in taking people I know to the range when they inquire about guns and or interested in acquiring one - some have become gun owners since, some were just happy with having knowledge and experience... The same courtesy has been granted to me some years ago and so I now do the same. I meet those in fervent opposition to firearms rather rarely, as most of the people are occasional shooters or firearm owners but they don't wear it on their sleeve.

This is where I sit. I don't show pictures of my firearms on the internet for a few reasons. One is government intrusion in my life. The other reason is I don't want to advertise what is in my house and attract people that may stumble across it.

That being said, I talk about guns with many peole and have initiated several people to shooting over the past several years. I will not hide the fact that I am a gun owner, but I don't flaunt it either.

I wish it were an even playing field, but gun owners are unfairly persecuted and I don't have the funds to withstand that kind of assault.

thomye
05-01-2007, 6:28 PM

+1 I've now managed to convince 20 people in my firm accept guns. Most of them used to be anti guns but through carefully planned discussions and great analogies, I've managed to sway them...

Several have gone shooting with me as well. They think the gun laws are stupid now. I doubt they'll vote based on it as any of them have stronger feelings toward abortion and environment issues, but i'm working on them too.

:)

M. Sage
05-01-2007, 6:39 PM
Showing off your heat wouldn't be a problem. If only you could trust your neighbors to not immediately rat you out in the case the government/invading forces decide to do seizures of firearms.

They can bring it. I don't even have OLLs, all I've got is "traditional" stuff. Every time I walk to the truck (parked at the curb, I actually step into the road to put the gun in through the back window) carrying my un-cased scoped Marlin .22, I'm thinking "yeah, one of my neighbors might freak out and call the cops," but I shrug it off, since I'm not brandishing it (I carry it with one hand around the action, muzzle down), it's unloaded, it's legal, and, well, I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG.

The cops'll only show up once.. the next time a nosy neighbor sees you doing the same thing they freaked about, they should get the message...

Never had the cops called... yet. We'll see how the next owners of the house next door deal with me cleaning guns outside where they can see them over the fence.

gn3hz3ku1*
05-01-2007, 7:39 PM
hey lots of feds know what i have.. their only response "poser wth you going to do with that, that i cant do with my 9? " there are many feds and LEOs who are strong supporters of 2nd!! just not a lot in CA

Rem1492
05-01-2007, 7:40 PM
I think Americans are used to showing off and illustrating their views, hobbies, religion and any other expression. Its part of our culture (as opposed to former Japanese generations). If you like Duran Duran, get bumper stickers and Tshirts and let everybody who has no idea what it is, know you like it. And if they don't love Duran Duran.........then they SHOULD!
:)

that being said, when your hobby is a scary one to others its tough to not feel like YOU are the bad guy. In Los Angeles I had an HK MP5 shirt I loved because it was what spec ops pilots used. A person asked me why I would have the audacity to wear such an offensive T Shirt (nevermind the marylon manson tshirts around me). I never thought it could be offensive as a gun was like a radiator or a blender to me, just a tool. But to her it was almost like a blood dripping swastika of hate. I had no idea.

In Texas, I see a LOT of NRA and blue Sig stickers on trucks, its part of the culture. Police don't ask if you have a gun (unless you are uber suspicious) because they assume that you probably do have a loaded handgun in your compartment in the car for easy access. My neighbors all own guns and hunt (I don't) so they dont fret when they see gun cases going from car to house. Likewise.........I can wear a shirt for a gun and all I can expect somebody to say in line at a store is "ya know my Kimber is better than your Sig." :) fair 'nuff.

I see kids wearing communism shirts or marijuana shirts unabashedly, yet we are afraid in CA of an NRA shirt. Its the sheep attitude and thats just what you gotta live with, your choice. Sometimes its wise not to flaunt your loyalties amongst certain people. (I took my CA plates off my car real fast in TX, that stopped the speeding tickets pronto.)

AJAX22
05-01-2007, 8:08 PM
A big part of me conceling what I cary to and from my car is to hide the fact that I have a rather nice collection of small, portable, easily sold on the black market items within my house and I'd rather not advertise the fact.

I would have no problem open carying a pistol on my hip, I just don't want people investigating what else I may have when I'm off to work/school

05-01-2007, 8:52 PM

I also love the term "Ballistic Arts". I'm going to start using that one.

ibanezfoo
05-01-2007, 9:22 PM
I don't hide. Usually within the first few minutes of talking to someone new they know about my firearms hobby/addiction. I'm pretty open about it. I just act like myself and not the whole "I'm macho because I own assault weapons" stereotype some come to believe... I don't try to be threatening or ever say things like "I'm gonna kill that guy!" etc, its not in my nature. There is an album by Entombed (a metal band) called "To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth" and I try to live by that. I'm an honest guy and tell it like it is, no need to hide or sugarcoat anything. I work in the computer field, so I'm pretty much your nerdy geek type.... sometimes people are shocked when they learn about my hobbies (metal guitar, firearms, etc.). Sometimes they will babble off some liberal nonsense and I will calmly reply with cold hard facts. Doesn't always change their mind, but at least they know that I know my stuff and won't settle for their petty ignorant nonsense. They are usually fueled by emotion, so its not always effective to present facts and logical argument. I try to reassure them that I don't want to kill anyone, ever. I also always invite them out to the range, and luckily (because of all the gangbangers and others with their bump firing and stupid behavior, presenting a bad image) nobody has accepted so far. Some will joke about me being a "gun nut" or whatever, but it doesn't bother me. I will usually joke about them being a hippie or something and we have a laugh. Sometimes my hobby gets me cool projects at work... for instance, one of the older guys was retiring and the company wanted to get him a hunting rifle so who do they turn to for advice? Moi. I got paid to research rifles!

Ah well thats my $ .000003 after taxes.

-Bryan

.50DE
05-01-2007, 10:04 PM
"My point exactly, EBRs scare cops, why? They have them and use them and know what they're capable of, so why, in the hands of civilans, are they scarrys"

I know this may sound odd to some, but to me, the average cop with an EBR is scarry. Why you may ask? Because I have seen them shoot and train enough to know they are often less than amatures. As ppl who genuinly injoy our pastime we go out of our way to be skilled with our weapons. Most Leo's only shoot when they have to to qualifie, and I have seen them scamble the day before to get practice in, man that is scarry... talk about the side of a barn! lol.

Now I do have Leo friends who injoy the sport as much as I do, and I'm sure others here do to, but the sad fact of the matter is, cops like that are the exception rather than the rule. So in the eyes of the vast majority, we are all potential criminals, not lawfull citizens

subjects not,citizens get used to it foulks, its only going to get worse, atleast in our once beautiful state.

proraptor
05-01-2007, 10:10 PM
I have an NRA sticker on my car.....

BLKTALN
05-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Now why in the hell should I have to push "1" for english?

I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself

LOL!