PDA

View Full Version : CA Assembly Passes Ban on Longgun UOCing in Public

Paladin
05-04-2012, 9:24 AM
Seems like some UOC folks never heard of the saying, "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging...."

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/05/04/4464848/california-assembly-oks-measure.html

SouthpawE46
05-04-2012, 9:35 AM
You're kidding me...

Uxi
05-04-2012, 9:38 AM
Yeah, blame the UOC people. :facepalm:

Kharn
05-04-2012, 9:45 AM
One step closer to shall-issue, but an unfortuate one...

Drivedabizness
05-04-2012, 9:51 AM
seems Unconstitutional on its face.

Yugo
05-04-2012, 9:54 AM
you people love the police state dont you?

wash
05-04-2012, 9:59 AM
I want to carry too but I was smart enough to see that there was no way UOC was going to do anything positive in California.

It's quite possible that UOC in California would have been banned without Californian UOC practicers just because of media coverage of open carry during the 2008 presidential campaign.

What California UOC "activists" did was guarantee that it got banned by pissing off the soccer moms.

The real fight is the GFSZ because that is how the antis are trying to disarm us.

We only had tiny bits and pieces where open carry was legal, now it looks like it's going to be nothing.

You were losing over crumbs when you should have been fighting for the whole pie.

Take a lesson from the CGF LTC Sunshine Initiative. They are fighting for the whole pie and doing it in a way that isn't getting our carry rights banned.

There were lots of mistakes made by UOC activists and they have to take the great majority of blame.

Uxi
05-04-2012, 10:09 AM
What California UOC "activists" did was guarantee that it got banned by pissing off the soccer moms.

Eh? I'm curious if any actual soccer moms were ever pissed off. A few LEO, particularly those ignorant of the actual law as much as those confronted by truculent activists. The real issue seems to be CLEO's who claimed it as a resource issue (instead of addressing the proper response and order of operations to a "man with a gun" call).

The real fight is the GFSZ because that is how the antis are trying to disarm us.

Right. Being enclosed in overlapping victim disarmament zones in LA county (lol cronyism on CCW), I've never had a right to bear arms in this State, so it's always been theoretical to me.

There were lots of mistakes made by UOC activists and they have to take the great majority of blame.

That's where I disagree. Never had any right to lose so it's a net equivalent from my perspective. Proper blame goes to the politicians voting for and signing such legislation, and thence those who back and defend them. Moonbeam advocates, I'm lookin at you.

wash
05-04-2012, 10:47 AM
If it hadn't been for pissed off soccer moms the Brady bunch wouldn't have a list of California coffee shops and restaurants that ban firearms.

There is a concept called cause and effect. UOC bans are an effect. What do you think was the cause?

You could say politicians or you could say UOC "activists".

It is harder to change politicians than personal behavior so every UOC "activist" is personally responsible.

tbhracing
05-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Ugh, another punch in the face,

Paladin
05-04-2012, 10:56 AM
I wonder how much time and effort (and thus members' membership money) CRPA and NRA lobbyists will have to waste fighting this UNnecessary fight.

Thanks, UOCers who refused to stand down. :rolleyes: You reminded me of 2 more sayings:
"Quit while you're behind."
"With friends like you, who needs enemies."

NoJoke
05-04-2012, 10:57 AM
So, how long until San Diego becomes shall issue LTC?

SilverTauron
05-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Assembly Bill 1527 cleared the lower house, 44-28, with no Republican support.

Looks like the Democrats own the Legislature lock, stock , and barrel. In a Single-Party situation it doesn't matter who does and doesn't open carry. The one-party legislature will pass whatever laws they see fit , as they don't have viable opposition to worry about. Part of the reason the rest of America isn't governed like California is because the Dems in the national chambers of Congress need Republican political support for their keystone bills. This serves as a check on the Democrats passing blatantly obvious infringements on personal rights. A check which in California's case no longer exists.

I would submit that UOC protests aren't the problem. The political system in your state is broken. If the Legislature wants to ban cars tomorrow , there's no one with pull who's in a position to say no.

scarville
05-04-2012, 11:07 AM
So, how long until San Diego becomes shall issue LTC?
My crystal ball says somewhere between two and 1,042 weeks.

bwiese
05-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Assembly Bill 1527 cleared the lower house, 44-28, with no Republican support.

Looks like the Democrats own the Legislature lock, stock , and barrel.

I would submit that UOC protests aren't the problem. The political system in your state is broken. If the Legislature wants to ban cars tomorrow , there's no one with pull who's in a position to say no.

1. UOCers were the problem in this political environment.

2. The political system in this state is broken because the CA GOP is broken, and would rather fundraise to
tilt at windmills (allows the party machinery to stay the same, bringing in $$, and with a few 'safe seats' to
remain) than to actually win.

tleeocinca
05-04-2012, 11:15 AM
California will never have shal issue conceal carry state. For those that have this dream of taking rights away will give you more gun rights in the future are in serious need of mental evaluation. The state of California is looking to impose more gun laws, they are not looking to impose some and lax others. If you want to conceal carry, you better make plans to move out of CA

sakosf
05-04-2012, 11:24 AM
I read the bill and I the bill seems to also restrict when you can transport a long arm in your vehicle .....this that correct?

The Original Godfather
05-04-2012, 11:32 AM
California will never have shal issue conceal carry state. For those that have this dream of taking rights away will give you more gun rights in the future are in serious need of mental evaluation. The state of California is looking to impose more gun laws, they are not looking to impose some and lax others. If you want to conceal carry, you better make plans to move out of CA

Yeah, and a rag-tag group of colonies with no infrastructure let alone supplies, will never be able to take down the world's largest empire and with the strongest army and navy.

Oh wait...

:rolleyes:

Merc1138
05-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Thanks UOCers!

They knew that our legislature is reactionary, and anti 2a. Somehow they expected an anti 2a legislature to not react to them in an anti 2a way?

Ford8N
05-04-2012, 11:36 AM
This is a good example of what your Rulers think of California gun owners. Gun owners can't be trusted, all gun owners are potential criminals. Now, who loves California?

Curley Red
05-04-2012, 11:38 AM

Glad to see you always think positively.

And so you know there are plenty of counties that give CCW for personal protection to the average person with a clean background. But if you would rather leave California, go ahead and move but take someone with you, we are way over crowded.

bwiese
05-04-2012, 11:46 AM

Um, ask somebody in Sacramento that has a carry permit. He may well have gotten it in the last year. The only thing slowing things down there are relatively minor (and solvable) processing times.

And gun rights come thru courts, not legislatures.

SilverTauron
05-04-2012, 11:52 AM
This is a good example of what your Rulers think of California gun owners. Gun owners can't be trusted, all gun owners are criminals.

Edited for truth on the Liberal Elite's thought process.

As far as the UOC's being a problem in your political environment,as far as I can tell they at worst hastened the inevitable. It is not a great leap of thought to state that your legislature would ban guns outright tomorrow if they thought it would stick in the courts. The problem they have is "marketing":how can they sell more government regulations without provoking a lawsuit.

If crime cant be used, then make guns a "social problem". Ergo, law enforcement is wasting resources checking unloaded guns, and scared liberals are calling 911 at the sight of a Glock on someone's hip.

The core of the problem isn't the protestors, or even the legislature.Those are symptoms of the disease:Acquired Rights Deficiency Syndrome. A majority of California voters don't give a tinkers da** about the right to keep and bear arms, and the elected representatives illustrate this. As sure as we post about the decline of your state now, there are thousands of liberal voters who think the government was completely right to do this.

Librarian
05-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Dupe.

Please keep discussion of the bill in the main thread - http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=527040