PDA

View Full Version : trainer pistol

opie4386
05-03-2012, 12:25 PM
i want to get a handgun to introduce new shooters to the sport. my current choices are
ruger sr22, or a XD9 V10.
i reaload and making low recoil loads in a ported 9mm I.M.O would be user friendly.
this will be my last purchase for a while and feel that i wont use the .22 as much as the XD and i really really really! want a polymer gun and the ports are just plain sexy! what do you guys think?

JackRydden224
05-03-2012, 1:06 PM
i want to get a handgun to introduce new shooters to the sport. my current choices are
ruger sr22, or a XD9 V10.
i reaload and making low recoil loads in a ported 9mm I.M.O would be user friendly.
this will be my last purchase for a while and feel that i wont use the .22 as much as the XD and i really really really! want a polymer gun and the ports are just plain sexy! what do you guys think?

I think it depends on the person you are training.

I would start with a G17 or similar because that's most likely the first pistol they would end up owning. There is nothing better than getting trained with your own firearm.

cwin
05-03-2012, 2:17 PM
this will be my last purchase for a while and feel that i wont use the .22 as much as the XD and i really really really! want a polymer gun and the ports are just plain sexy!

I think you've already made up your mind ;)

opie4386
05-03-2012, 2:22 PM
lol im biased, my only handgun is a springfield mil spec 1911, that is not first time friendly lol