PDA

View Full Version : Kahr P9 and ProMag Issues

scoobydo
05-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Any of you guys with a P9/K9 have any issues with the ProMag 7 rounders?
I read some bad reviews with fit issues on the PM9.
However, at $15 each, I couldn't resist and got a few from CTD for my P9.
I got them and they are buttery smooth with no fit issues whatsoever.
They actually drop smoother than my Kahr Factory mags.
Have not had time to hit the range with them, but wanted to hear if anybody has run into problems.

9mmepiphany
05-03-2012, 1:06 PM
I've used Promags in SIgs and Berettas, that were about to be thrown away by students in classes to see what everyone was talking about. What I came away with was that, if your ProMag works in your gun...you are extremely lucky.

I know folks think of magazines as expensive...they're not, $100 mags are expensive...and it also shocks them that magazines should be considered consumable item (throw them away when they start acting up, other than spring issues). But Magazines are the #1 cause of malfunctions with semiautomatic handguns

jyo
05-03-2012, 1:34 PM
Promags don't have great reputation---some work, some work in some guns, and some don't work at all! The nature of firearms is that when you need them, you REALLY need them---this is not the time to save a few bucks on mags. I buy factory mags (and yes, I do test them) because even when they cost more, once you've spent the money, you don't have to buy more. I personally would only buy Promags if no other mags were available.

Bug Splat
05-03-2012, 2:17 PM
I have heard nothing but bad things about Kahr+promags. No biggy if you just want to use them as range mags but for SD I'd only buy the OEM mags.

tonelar
05-03-2012, 2:55 PM
So, they're buttery smooth, but you haven't shot with them yet? I'd use Promags as a range magazine.
If they work consistently; I'll keep using them for practice.

scoobydo
05-03-2012, 6:27 PM
So, they're buttery smooth, but you haven't shot with them yet? I'd use Promags as a range magazine.
If they work consistently; I'll keep using them for practice.

One of the main problems I read was that they had to be forced in and forced out as they were too big. That is what I meant about being smooth. I did not have forcing issues.
I have 3 kahr mags and those are definitely my SD mags. These will just be range fodder.
when I shoot them, I guess I will have my answer. Hopefully ftf issues are not prevelant.
We will see. At 15 bucks I am not expecting miracles.

9mmepiphany
05-03-2012, 10:16 PM
At 15 bucks I am not expecting miracles.
With a gun as tightly timed as the Kahr, you sort of are